A lunchtime date (EA closed Qasims home)

Raya

Re: A lunchtime date (EA closed Qasims home)

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:21 pm

"Sidi Qasim and Sayyeda Soraya get Raya big house with many floors?" Raya laughed, giving the man a smile and placing a hand on his hand.

"You are nice man. Thank you. I am not sure what I am wanting to do, I am still processing idea of not leaving for maybe some months, and idea of staying for even longer not one I can be processing. Or what you are saying, working to live. I am knowing that many will give good money to entertainers, have been given some money by people when dancing. It is all so strange to me though."

She looked back to the water, moving her hand away from his and running her fingers through the water.

"Am scared that things go wrong and then be not welcome back."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:27 pm

He too let his hand drop away "we do live a different way here but I'm sure you could get used to it. Not like it is something you have to decide today, there is time." He said looking out to the water

"What do you mean?" He asked as he looked back to her.
Last edited by Qasim al-Basiri on Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:44 pm

"Am meaning I try staying, and something goes wrong. Then cannot go back as Elders think am abandoning people then returning with tail between legs because did wrong and not allowing back."

Raya closed her eyes and sighed.

"It is not usual for Ra'shari to leave to live city life. We are travellers."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:12 pm

"ahhh I see" he said thinking "Well, they wouldn't be very good family then."

"I mean the elders should respect that you are making your own story and if your story brought you here and brought you to stay here for a time it is what it is. If later on your story changes and it brings you back to the caravan should they not accept you back with open arms? I would think Ra'Shari of all people would be able to see that just because someone is different or does something different doesn't mean they are bad."

he shrugged looking back out to the water "But what do I know? I am just a merchant and relatively young at that. I just know if they don't accept you they are the ones really missing out."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:00 pm

Raya nodded, hugging her legs a little.

"I am thinking they would be understanding, but am also scared that they might think it was bad. I do not know of any that have left and come back. Am sure it may sound silly to Sidi Qasim, he moved to outside city to be alone. This is longest I have ever been away from my own caravans in lifetime and that is already unusual to me. To maybe never go back? What if...what if cannot do it. What if make terrible mistake?"

The cheer had left the Ra'shari woman, and it was clear she was thinking the worst.

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:09 pm

Qasim was uncertain on what to do but he did what he thought was best. Qasim scooted a little closer to Raya and went to gently put an arm around her shoulders topull he into a halt hug. Easily dodged or shirked away from if unwanted but regardless he would sit for a moment

His voice was soft "Raya it does not sound silly. We all have out own desires and wants and needs. I wanted more alone time you seek companionship. It is ok to miss your family and it is ok to be scared about something new and different. In the end you can only do what you think is best for Raya."

"Regardless I can only speak for myself for certain and as far as i go. Stay or go you will be always welcomed here. But for what it worth I would venture to say your people will accept you back, you are too Ra'Shari down to your core."

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:20 pm

Raya didn't pull away - she leant into the hug, closing her eyes. After a few moments she moved slightly, wrapping her arms around the man and returning the hug

"I...I am thinking you are right."

She took a deep breath to calm herself, and quietly spoke to herself in Ra'shari.

"Life is always moving forward. Don't be afraid of the past, walk into the future."

She opened her eyes and sat back slightly, giving the man a small smile.

"Am sorry for worrying. Must sound like child with silly worries. Will try to be smile and be happy like Raya always is."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:30 pm

"Raya yor worries are valid, it is ok to be afraid of uncertainty." He replied in Ra'Shari

"Being positive is good but it is ok to show all your emotions, I do not expect you to be smiles and happy all the time, even if it is a gorgeous smile." he said with one of his own as he rubbed her shoulder looking down to her
Last edited by Qasim al-Basiri on Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:01 pm

Raya had to bite her lip a moment, looking like a laugh was going to escape. Taking a moment to calm the weird reaction, she continued speaking in Ra'Shari as Qasim had started it

"I'm a very emotional person Sidi Qasm. But in this, it's not emotions I think. It's deciding things for myself. It's becoming an adult I guess" now she laughed "but I can do it. I believe in myself."

She placed her hand on his hand resting on her shoulder.

"I have my friends with me."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:09 pm

Qasim raised an eyebrow at her reaction looking a little confused "Did I say something weird? I had thought I had a pretty good grasp of Ra'Shari by now?" His tone was in good humor

"And yes you certainly do and in a city like this you will no doubt make more." He briefly touched his head to hers as he gave her another hug.

He pulled back a little an looked down to her "feel like a swim? The water is good for it and I admit I may have been a fish in another life for how much I enjoy water." He continued in Ra'Shari both hoping it made her a little more comfortable and as good a time as any to practice.