A lunchtime date (EA closed Qasims home)

Raya

Re: A lunchtime date (EA closed Qasims home)

Post by Raya » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:36 am

Raya listened along to the story, clearly fascinated by it.

"What strange people. I thought the Yodotai were unusual but they seem even more different. I suppose it isn't too different to having an immortal being ruling over the city though right? Just more welcoming of different races. Well except Ra'Shari" Raya laughed "but I will accept we won't be welcome. We'll still be here anyway."

She nodded in his direction.

"Never need to apologise for telling a story to a Ra'Shari Sidi because I would sit all day every day listening to stories. Now it's one I can tell the Ra'Shari so they learn of how these Rokugani are. Will help those in the Caravan of Commerce for dealing with them in the future."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:03 pm

"Yes, i am sure our ways seem as strange to them as theirs do to us. Though honestly with the stories of how they live I don't believe most of them know much about how we love out here in the Sands. But none the less I'm sure they would think it odd the way the Jewel mixes people and beliefs like a cauldron."

"Frankly Rokugan sounds somewhat boring, just one people, one way of living being all you see. One of my favorite things it learning about different cultures, how they live, what they value."

"But anyway I am glad you enjoyed the story, I am no trained teller like you, I am sure your version you share will be much better."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:47 pm

"Do you have any more stories of them? I'd love to learn more about the people, I have stories from most people but not from there. Even if it's basis of a story I can make it bigger" Raya said with a grin, dipping back under the water again for a few moments before coming back up again.

"I've heard you tell stories a few times now. Why do you think you're not good?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:33 pm

Qasim nodded treading water a bit as he thought "I heard some about crafty Scorpion who lie and tempt and poison. About honorable Lions, and big strong Crabs, magical Phoenix, and Mysterious lizards or wait how you say Dragon?" He asked not sure on the uncommon word.

"I am happy to share all the stories of my travels with you Raya, it is not that I think I am not good but that I am not good compared to you, which is fair as you are trained story teller and I am just a merchant who talks too much."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:52 pm

"Dragon?" Raya said, confirming that was the word Qasim was thinking.

"They are speaking of magical creatures? Scorpions that tempt, Lions that have honour and pride. Large crabs? Are these real? They're still alive, still exist? Sounds like a very strange place if they have scorpions that tempt their human people in and poison them, I'm not sure I can look at a Scorpion and think of it as a tempting creature."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:03 pm

"Yes Dragon! But No not so literal I do not think. Like people who embody the nature of the creature. People of Lion are fierce and honorable and people Crab are resilient, things such as this."

"Though they do have stories of Spirits and monsters of their own like we do I believe."

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:24 pm

"Oh, interesting. So they are pretending to be Scorpions, or Lions, or Crabs. Or at least how those creatures are in the wilds where they're from."

Raya frowned.

"Still seems strange to me but I could work with that for a story. I'll have to look for names though, but that's not the focus. Spirits and monsters though...I like an exciting adventure story! Does your library have stories of monsters they fight?"

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:38 pm

Qasim thought for a few moments "hmm I'm not sure, I know I have a few paintings that depict scenes from stories fighting demons they call Oni."

"Unfortunately I do not have many scrolls from their land. Since I do not read the language I have not tried so hard to collect written works except for the store."

Raya

Post by Raya » Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:57 pm

"Fighting demons? Sounds like a very dangerous adventure, demons are not to be trifled with and yet they do it enough to paint pictures of it? Maybe they keep their borders shut because the lands are so dangerous things could escape then..."

Raya rolled over onto her back to float for a bit, her arms being slightly tired.

"I think I have a story in my head. I just need to know the people better."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:08 pm

The merchant stole another glance as the beautiful dance floated not losing his wits though "From what I understand I believe it is mostly the Crab that fight these demons. Something about the land beyond the southern border being full of them and the Crab defend it. Though the Moto I spoke with said it was mostly rumor as they had never been that far south."

"I will look through my stock and personal collection to see if I have any books in Mekhem that talk about the Rokugani. I'm sure there must be a few things there."