A lunchtime date (EA closed Qasims home)

Raya

Re: A lunchtime date (EA closed Qasims home)

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:16 pm

"You still have your accent, I'm just not used to hearing others outside the Ra'Shari speak the language. I'm certain I sound bad speaking Mekhem too" Raya said with a small blush "I'm sorry if I offended at all."

She happily accepted the guy, giving the man a small squeeze then nodding.

"We can speak Mekhem, I'm fine with that too. But yes, swimming! You were a fish in another life? You've travelled a long way, not many fish out here."

She stood up, stretching before turning to the water again and dipping a toe in. Then without any warning she slid the dress over her head, folding it up and putting it down, leaving her only wearing underwear which was also soon slid off.

"Is it deep?" she asked as she moved close, clearly about to either step or jump in
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:22 pm

Qasim did his best not to ogle as she stripped quickly but he was a man and no small bit of an Indulgent one at that. Self discipline was not his Forte but he recovered fairly quickly standing after her "you'll want to walk closer to the center before you jump in it drops off quick." He said his eyes moving up her body before finding hers if she was looking at him

He was not so fast to undress but was equally naked soon enough walking up next to her "I enjoy the chance to practice my Ra'Shari, it is a language as beautiful as its people." He said ever the flatterer "and no offense taken, your Mekhem is good only some errors."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:28 pm

"I tried to learn Senpet once but it really confused me. Mekhem is confusing enough for me" Raya said with a small laugh, walking in and feeling ahead with her toes as she did so. Lucky for Qasim she had her eyes forward on the water to make sure she didn't end up finding a giant water hole or something.

"I try my best though, but I overanalyse what I'm supposed to say and get lost with how it's supposed to be structured."

She kept walking in until it was up to her neck, at which point she would try to swim a little.
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:39 pm

He followed her into the water making small noise of satisfaction as he felt the cool water sliding over his skin "Well I put a lot of work toward learning as many languages as I could. It always makes business easier if you can talk to people in their native tongue. I learned Ra'Shari from the Commerce Caravan after all."

"I also know Senpet and Ivindi, haven't had as much time to learn Yodotai or rokugani. They are also very different from other tongues." he dove down quickly before coming back up and swiping his long black hair back
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:46 pm

"I think I could learn some. The... Rokugan? They look strangest with language and mannerisms. I was told once they avoid touching people as much as possible, and offer their necks in a greeting. Is that really true?"

Raya took the chance to go under the water for a few moments, before resurfacing and flicking her long hair back.

"This water is so nice!"

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:51 pm

Qasim nodded "Yes on both things there. They find physical contact to be improper from what I understand, at least in public. They do not shake hands or hug. They do greet by bowing to each other and I have heard that yes it is to present their neck to the other so less important people bow lower." He explained

"at least that is what the Unicorn I spoke with at Khanbulak told me."

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:58 pm

"I would not do well in their lands" Raya laughed "Ra'Shari would learn, but it would be a big learning experience. I hope they would be respectful of our errors though, not that I think we can get to their lands. It's a very long way away and I heard many travel by boat to get to where we are."

Raya swam a little further out.

"Why offer their necks though? I don't understand."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:16 am

Qasim kept pace with her swimming where she swam he did his best interpretation of a shrug as he swam "I am not sure did not think to follow up on that question. Something to do with deference I assume."

"You also would not be welcome in their lands. It is a long journey across the Burning Sands and you will be welcomed by denial. The Rokugani do not allow outsiders into their Empire and their people are not allowed to leave, only the Unicorn may come and go."

"But the Unicorn have a city that is half in and half out of the Empire called Khanbulak so I got as close as one can get without risking execution."

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:15 am

"How strange, they wish to be separated from the world but still be part of it? Maybe they just need to meet the Ra'Shari and see that the world is colourful" Raya grinned as she looked back to Qasim "Ra'Shari can unite the world in song and stories. I'm sure their people like song and stories, everyone does. I'm pretty sure it's not considered at all for the Caravans to go that way though. I wonder why they are isolating themselves so much. Fear maybe? Bad previous encounters?"

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:49 am

Qasim laughed at that leaning back in the water floating exposing his naked front to the warm sun contrasted with the cool water. His eyes were closed. "Well I suppose if anyone is able to do such a thing it would be you Raya. I am not knowing how they could turn you away at their gates." He chuckled a bit

"As for why they do what they do it is hard thing to say. I hear the families...no, uhm what is word...Clan I believe? Yes clans. The Clans all act like their own thing, they all have their own god but have one leader. He is big green Godling the Emperor is the son of a God and is made of jade I belive. He rules with iron, or well jade fist and all clans answer to him. But still have their own ways and traditions. Unicorn way is way of the explorer so they are allowed to leave because their goddess was a horse who ran through the Sands and carried them with her."

"They were gone for many generations mixing with us, and even took the Moto. Then horse goddess died leaving Unicorn stranded in Sands but they made it back eventually. Now they are still allowed to journey into the Sands because it is in there blood. But the rest of the Empire thinks they are strange and unclean because the sand in their veins. At least that is the way I was told." He said flipping back into water shivering a little at how it was cold on his now warm front.

"Apologies did not mean to launch into whole story about it."