Hunger Abated (LA, Observation Thread)

Meresanhk

Re: Hunger Abated (LA, Observation Thread)

Post by Meresanhk » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:17 pm

"Ah... there are so many cultures that it is also warranted to nice." She explained. "Outsider or local peace amongst the ones living in the city and visiting it must be a priority." She giggled. "Please guide the way." Giving a motion to the Ide that she would follow him.
•Senpet •Unaligned •Experienced •Diplomat •Wanderer •Dangerous Beauty

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:27 pm

Meresanhk wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:17 pm
"Ah... there are so many cultures that it is also warranted to nice." She explained. "Outsider or local peace amongst the ones living in the city and visiting it must be a priority." She giggled. "Please guide the way." Giving a motion to the Ide that she would follow him.
Rettousei smiles and leads the way. It is not far, as might be expected, and a vendor is pouring coffee from an elaborate carafe.

"Two, please," he says, and in response to the vendor's question about sweeteners, he says "None for me, thanks" and turns to Meresanhk. "Any for you?" he asks. "I like it as it's brewed, but I'm told that many will mix things in."
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Influence 1/1/1 * Reputation 3.4/0.0 * Integrity is What You'd Expect
Blessed * Mellifluous
Speaking or Writing Mekhem, or Narrating * Speaking or Writing Rokugani * Thinking
Usually wears decent clothes, a hat when outside; carries wakizashi, coin purse, might have calligraphy set

"I'm confused."

Meresanhk

Post by Meresanhk » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:14 am

Meresanhk smiled. "Milk... please." She looked at the Ide. "I like to cut a bit of the bitterness." She explained. "So you are starting to enjoy the city?"

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:25 pm

Meresanhk wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:14 am
Meresanhk smiled. "Milk... please." She looked at the Ide. "I like to cut a bit of the bitterness." She explained. "So you are starting to enjoy the city?"
"Very much so," Rettousei says after relaying the order.

A moment later, he hands her her cup, takes his own. "Like I said, lots of nice people here. I've gotten to sing a lot, too, and that's nice. The money thing is a bit different than back home, but it's not bad."
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous
Speaking or Writing Mekhem, or Narrating * Speaking or Writing Rokugani * Thinking
Usually wears decent clothes, a hat when outside; carries wakizashi, coin purse, might have calligraphy set

"I'm confused."

Meresanhk

Post by Meresanhk » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:12 pm

"You sing... a man of many talents I see." She smiled. "Tell me about how you get the things you need?"

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:13 pm

Meresanhk wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:12 pm
"You sing... a man of many talents I see." She smiled. "Tell me about how you get the things you need?"
I'm not sure I understand," Rettousei replies as he sips at his coffee. "Is there something special I should be doing?"

He looks at the cup, nods, takes another sip. "I mean, I have enough to eat, and there's coffee, so that's good. My lord hasn't given me any specific tasks that need doing, so I'm largely at my liberty. It's nice. Lets me talk with good people and have more coffee."
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous

"I'm confused."

Meresanhk

Post by Meresanhk » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:21 am

"I see... Interesting...we are paid by tasks done... I am an appraiser. I see that product ship to the Senpet are of the warranted quality or better. My divination is a side task." The woman explained.

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:07 am

"Ah," Rettousei says, and he takes another sip of coffee.

"We have something similar back home. Among the heimin," he says. "And ronin. Those who swear to a lord are provided for and serve as directed.

"It works for us."
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous

"I'm confused."