Hunger Abated (LA, Observation Thread)

Ide Rettousei

Re: Hunger Abated (LA, Observation Thread)

Post by Ide Rettousei » Tue May 31, 2022 11:33 am

Not far off...

"Oh, no, thank you, thank you!" Rettousei says as he leaves his performance, people still trailing after him. "It was nice to sing for you, really!"

Wow, he thinks. If they like my stuff, what would they think about Cranes?

He makes for coffee, smelling the brew.
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Influence 1/1/1 * Reputation 3.4/0.0 * Integrity is What You'd Expect
Blessed * Mellifluous
Speaking or Writing Mekhem, or Narrating * Speaking or Writing Rokugani * Thinking
Usually wears decent clothes, a hat when outside; carries wakizashi, coin purse, might have calligraphy set

"I'm confused."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 31, 2022 2:52 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:06 am
"Words are the one thing I have in abundance, and one should always be generous with what they have in excess!" emphatically declared al-Haddar with a not so subtle look at the heavy purse of a not to far away Dahabi merchant.

"I am unlearned, ignorant of any skill or art I didn't have to teach myself on the job to ensure my subsistence and survival. However, as a man who wakes up every day thankful that the roof of his hovel didn't collapse during the night and uncertain they will make enough money before sunset to pay for his own daily water, food, and protection, that basically means I have to learn a new trick every day."
"I see. Well... if you know of any new tricks I might be interested in... I'm always willing to learn a new thing or two some time."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Meresanhk

Post by Meresanhk » Tue May 31, 2022 7:47 pm

Ide Rettousei wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:33 am
Not far off...

"Oh, no, thank you, thank you!" Rettousei says as he leaves his performance, people still trailing after him. "It was nice to sing for you, really!"

Wow, he thinks. If they like my stuff, what would they think about Cranes?

He makes for coffee, smelling the brew.
Meresanhk as well was making her way to the coffee. She was distracted by the many performances that she didn't notice the Rokugani and stumble with the man. "Oh I am so sorry..."
•Senpet •Unaligned •Experienced •Diplomat •Wanderer •Dangerous Beauty

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Tue May 31, 2022 7:56 pm

Meresanhk wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:47 pm
Meresanhk as well was making her way to the coffee. She was distracted by the many performances that she didn't notice the Rokugani and stumble with the man. "Oh I am so sorry..."
"It's not a--"

Rettousei stops, recognizes Meresanhk, smiles.

"It's not a problem at all!" he exclaims, smiling. "It's good to see you!"
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous
Speaking or Writing Mekhem, or Narrating * Speaking or Writing Rokugani * Thinking
Usually wears decent clothes, a hat when outside; carries wakizashi, coin purse, might have calligraphy set

"I'm confused."

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Tue May 31, 2022 10:34 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:52 pm
"I see. Well... if you know of any new tricks I might be interested in... I'm always willing to learn a new thing or two some time."
"Well, there's that trick with three bowls and a ball where you have to guess where the ball is hidden, and no matter what bowl you choose, it's always the wrong one because the ball is actually in my sleeve until I decide to slip it back...

Or the great disappearance. I cannot exactly lose anyone pursuing me in the Maze... Like, my siblings were always able to discover where I was hiding... But for most people, as long as I remain on this particular terrain, I might as well have turned fully invisible."
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Meresanhk

Post by Meresanhk » Tue May 31, 2022 11:19 pm

Ide Rettousei wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:56 pm
"It's not a--"

Rettousei stops, recognizes Meresanhk, smiles.

"It's not a problem at all!" he exclaims, smiling. "It's good to see you!"
"Sidi Ide...Salam." she was somewhat surprised. The Senpet smiled back. "It is a fortunate encounter then... I was on my way to drink some coffee."

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Tue May 31, 2022 11:26 pm

Meresanhk wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:19 pm
"Sidi Ide...Salam." she was somewhat surprised. The Senpet smiled back. "It is a fortunate encounter then... I was on my way to drink some coffee."
"As was I!" Rettousei exclaims. "Would it be rude to ask for your company? I've only had a few cups in my time here, and I'm told there's more to learn."
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous

"I'm confused."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 31, 2022 11:40 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 10:34 pm
"Well, there's that trick with three bowls and a ball where you have to guess where the ball is hidden, and no matter what bowl you choose, it's always the wrong one because the ball is actually in my sleeve until I decide to slip it back...

Or the great disappearance. I cannot exactly lose anyone pursuing me in the Maze... Like, my siblings were always able to discover where I was hiding... But for most people, as long as I remain on this particular terrain, I might as well have turned fully invisible."
"...I will think about that. Those seem like they can be very useful in the right situations. But I do think I need to return to the stage for now."

She sets the now empty water glass down and bows to Al-Haddar.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Meresanhk

Post by Meresanhk » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:50 am

Ide Rettousei wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:26 pm

"As was I!" Rettousei exclaims. "Would it be rude to ask for your company? I've only had a few cups in my time here, and I'm told there's more to learn."
Meresanhk shook her head. "It is not rude. Unless the company is unwaranted.... and... your company is well warranted." She moves closer to the man. "Do you know the way?"

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:43 am

Meresanhk wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:50 am
Meresanhk shook her head. "It is not rude. Unless the company is unwaranted.... and... your company is well warranted." She moves closer to the man. "Do you know the way?"
"Isn't it said that if you do not know the way, you must pay?" Rettousei says, then adds, "I thought it was, anyway. But I might not have understood that right.

"Anyway, yes, I do know where the coffee is," he continues. "Also, I'm glad you think my company is--'warranted' was the word? I just needed to be sure I understood you right. I'm still new here, but I've been treated really well. People here are so nice!"

He smiles.
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous

"I'm confused."