[Day 3 EE] Ra'Shari caravan - Sing me the song of your people (expecting)

Claudia Gabinus

[Day 3 EE] Ra'Shari caravan - Sing me the song of your people (expecting)

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Thu May 26, 2022 11:35 pm

Claudia finds it surprisingly nice to get away from the city for a few hours. Perhaps the thousands of flesh eating monsters were bringing the property values down. She'd see a few Ra'Shari in town, including one surprisingly helpful woman earlier that day, but the Yodotai had never actually visited their caravan.

So, reasoning that these travellers might possess some useful medical knowledge the surgeon laced up her sandals, grabbed her satchel and made sure to nod at grandfather's grumbling before setting out. Now she's finally crested a dune shielding the caravan, ahead the lights of campfires, the hum of conversation and here and there, music.
Yodotai * Surgeon * Wanderer * Fights If She Has To * Very Haunted * Thirsty For Knowledge*
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1 *Glorious 1, Infamous 0* Integrity: Average

Equipment usually present: Pugio, toga, medicine kit, surgeon’s kit, traveling pack.
If socially acceptable: Sword/Shield/Armour/Ghost

Languages: Mekham, Yodotai

Nihira

Re: [Day 3 EE] Ra'Shari caravan - Sing me the song of your people (expecting)

Post by Nihira » Fri May 27, 2022 2:41 am

"...so anyway, I grabbed this big piece and rubble and-" Nihira's story was cut off when she noticed what she had been told was a toga and the person who belonged to it. They had always looked rather comfortable, even though she wasn't quite sure she could pull one off.

"Hello and welcome! I was just telling a story about something that happens recently but that's old news and you're new news. What's your favorite color?" Nihira turned to the Yodotai with a smile. It was still interesting how many people she hadn't met even after having been in the city for a good amount of time.
Ra'Shari * Diplomat * Entertainer * Daredevil * Very honest * Stargazer * Asks questions * Why did it have to be snakes *
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 1 | Integrity: Honorless
Typically carries: Knife, well used robe, sling wrapped around her arm, stuff to juggle
Languages: Ra'Shari, Mekhem

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Fri May 27, 2022 2:45 am

Nihira wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 2:41 am
Snip
"Red, no, black. Uhh, anything that doesn't stain."
With a cautious smile she approaches the small group around a campfire and raises a hand in greeting.
"Ave, I am Claudia of the Gabinus family." She looks around questioningly
"Are you the Ra'Shari?"
Yodotai * Surgeon * Wanderer * Fights If She Has To * Very Haunted * Thirsty For Knowledge*
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1 *Glorious 1, Infamous 0* Integrity: Average

Equipment usually present: Pugio, toga, medicine kit, surgeon’s kit, traveling pack.

Nihira

Post by Nihira » Fri May 27, 2022 3:14 am

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 2:45 am
Snip
"Black, you say? That's the first time I've heard that. Mine's green. Yup, down south that color grows right out of the ground everywhere. Claw-diya. Nice. I am Nihira and I am a Ra'Shari. I suppose we all make up the Ra'Shari. So yes, I can say yes to your question. Oh! Now I get to ask one. Umm...is that a toga you're wearing?
Ra'Shari * Diplomat * Entertainer * Daredevil * Very honest * Stargazer * Asks questions * Why did it have to be snakes *
Typically carries: Knife, well used robe, sling wrapped around her arm, stuff to juggle

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Fri May 27, 2022 3:28 am

Nihira wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 3:14 am
Snip
"Oh wonderful, I had been hoping to either meet a Ra'Shari or the Ra'Shari, both is quite fortuitous."
She looks around the caravan with interest, head cocked slightly as it takes her a few seconds to process Nihira's question.
"A toga? Oh yes it is." In a schoolteacher's voice "They're sort of our national dress, even if between you and me they're not terrible practical. Grandfather insists though." She winces at something. "Insists loudly."

Getting a little back on track.
"Does this mean I can ask a question now? Do we trade questions for questions? I have a lot though."

Nihira

Post by Nihira » Fri May 27, 2022 4:06 am

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 3:28 am
Snip
"Oh, dang. I had the idea that they were quite comfy. Are they? They look comfy. I guess they could be comfy without being practical, though that's kind of a bummer. You should have invited your toga insisting grandfather along with you. Or is it getting to late for him. Dinner by late afternoon then it's off to bed after reading about his favorite crime solver. He's welcome him anytime just as you are." Her eyes went over Claudia's shoulder just to make sure she hadn't spoken too soon and her grandfather had indeed joined her.

"Ask away. I think I asked two more just now so I can think you get even more to be even. Ask away."

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Fri May 27, 2022 4:11 am

Nihira wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 4:06 am
Snip
"Oh uhh, he's here." She laughs a little awkwardly. "And is saying some...strong things about you. But he means well."
The Yodotai looks like someone is shouting in her ear.
"Togas can be comfy, they're very good for lounging. If we found some long enough wool I could maybe show you a woman's version, a stola."

Thinking to herself.
"Can you show me around? Is that a fair question?...And that second question doesn't count, it's a...I'm not sure of the word, part of the first?"

Nihira

Post by Nihira » Fri May 27, 2022 4:14 pm

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 4:11 am
Snip
"Strong things? Well, it wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last I'm pretty sure." With a raise of her eyebrow she looked across the fire pit to an empty spot. "Is there at least one nice thing he might have said? Oh no! Another question without answering yours first! Okay, yes I can show you around. There we go. I think you still get a few more to make us even but I'm working on getting us there."

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Fri May 27, 2022 11:40 pm

Nihira wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 4:14 pm

Snip
"One nice thing?"
She cocks her head and waits...and waits...and waits.
"He says you dress very colourfully." That was nice, right?"

With a smile and polite bow of her head Claudia starts making her way around the caravan, examining the wagons with interest.
"Thank you, I am most interested in your people. They say you have much knowledge?" She pats her satchel. "I am a healer, so more knowledge is always a good thing."

Nihira

Post by Nihira » Sat May 28, 2022 5:17 am

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 11:40 pm
Snip
"Aha! That is nice, thank you grandfather Claw-diya. Claw-diyo? And I don't want to brag or anything but I was nominated as one of this Caravan's most colorful dresser during our awards ceremony. Did I win you might be asking yourself and would soon ask me? Well...no. No I didn't, but I've been upping my game recently and I may have a really good chance to win next time." She shot a quick look back at the empty spot near the fire and nodded.

"Knowledge? We have that for sure. This unfortunately isn't the Caravan of Knowledge, but we all carry some of it around with us in these heads of ours. I'm sure we have some good stuff to add to your head around here when it comes to healing. You could probably add a few things to us as well. Are you a doctor? What kind of doctor? A foot doctor? A baby doctor? I once saw a doctor when I stepped on a nail but I don't think they were specifically a foot doctor."