[Day 3 EE] Ra'Shari caravan - Sing me the song of your people (expecting)

Claudia Gabinus

Re: [Day 3 EE] Ra'Shari caravan - Sing me the song of your people (expecting)

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:19 am

Nihira wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:43 am

Snip
"Well, I think those people are wrong. Most peoples are the same when you get under their skin. Well there was this one group with the two hearts..."
Heart disease made their lives very difficult.

"It is..a shame, yes, they were not literal hoops. Maybe I should watch one of your hoop shows one day?" Getting back on topic. "I have only heard of it recently, is it hard to enter? Are there big emerald...mountains?"
Yodotai * Surgeon * Wanderer * Fights If She Has To * Very Haunted * Thirsty For Knowledge*
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1 *Glorious 1, Infamous 0* Integrity: Average

Equipment usually present: Pugio, toga, medicine kit, surgeon’s kit, traveling pack.
If socially acceptable: Sword/Shield/Armour/Ghost

Languages: Mekham, Yodotai

Nihira

Post by Nihira » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:37 am

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:19 am
Snip
"People are wrong a lot. Just look at me, I'm probably wrong no more than half the time. That's a good amount of times but not an overwhelming amount of times. But I'm not wrong about this right now so don't worry about that. Wait, two hearts?"

Her mind traveled between someone with h two hearts and what she had heard about Rokugan. "Big mountains, I think that's what I heard, pretty much surrounding the whole place. Probably filled with emeralds. Sapphires are more my thing though, I think the blue goes better with my eyes. I heard they name themselves after animals, bugs and birds mostly. Odd thing. My hoop show is no odd thing though. Still...and entire empire out there filled with all sorts of different things, sounds pretty neat."
Ra'Shari * Diplomat * Entertainer * Daredevil * Very honest * Stargazer * Asks questions * Why did it have to be snakes *
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 1 | Integrity: Honorless
Typically carries: Knife, well used robe, sling wrapped around her arm, stuff to juggle
Languages: Ra'Shari, Mekhem

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:48 am

Nihira wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:37 am
Snip
Claudia nods slowly, the Yodotai has to listen closely to make sure she's able to parse everything.
"I- no more than-" Okay, focus on Rokugan. "They name themselves after animals? That is quite interesting. So they would call themselves 'dog' or 'squid'?"

She tries to commit that to memory for later notetaking.
"That certainly doesn't sound like your hoop show. And they have magic? What do you know about that?"
With passing curiosity.
"I don't suppose your people have magic?"
Yodotai * Surgeon * Wanderer * Fights If She Has To * Very Haunted * Thirsty For Knowledge*
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1 *Glorious 1, Infamous 0* Integrity: Average

Equipment usually present: Pugio, toga, medicine kit, surgeon’s kit, traveling pack.

Nihira

Post by Nihira » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:40 am

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:48 am
Snip
"Yeah, there's like a...um...beetle family I think. And like a duck family...duck? Probably a duck. Birds and bug, Claw-diya, birds and bugs. I think that's pretty neat. Have you seen some of those really shiny beetles before? The deep greens and bright blues? Yeah, I wouldn't mind being in that family."

Her mind went to what color scarab she'd name herself after but she resigned it back in. "I'm not sure how their magic works but it can't be that different from what we have here, right? Everything should work the same way after all. The Ra'Shari have magic, for sure we do. Now, I don't know any of it but I know about it and I think that counts for something. Three parts, Claw-diya, three parts. Dawn, dusk, night. I think it would have been neat to have been born being able to use all of that. Maybe next time. What about the Yodotai? Do they call the magic Yodotai too?"
Ra'Shari * Diplomat * Entertainer * Daredevil * Very honest * Stargazer * Asks questions * Why did it have to be snakes *
Typically carries: Knife, well used robe, sling wrapped around her arm, stuff to juggle

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:31 am

Nihira wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:40 am
Snip
Squinting and rapid translation takes place as Claudia takes it all in.
"I have seen shiny beetles before."
She is at least able to confirm before the topic moves on swiftly.

"It has three parts? So you can only so some at dawn, some at dusk and some at night?" With the local focus on the sun that seemed to make sense.
"We have no magic in the empire. I am curious to why, it seems everyone else has some, but perhaps it is some kind of test of our ancestors?"

She looks at her spectral grandfather who just shrugs.

"It is why we focus so hard on mundane healing, so we are still able to save who we can."

Nihira

Post by Nihira » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:23 pm

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:31 am
Snip
Nihira didn't notice that she was throwing out ideas at poor Claudia at a fast pace, but once her mind starting going it got going. It probably didn't help that her Mekham was a mishmash of various dialects.

"You got it. Probably best to stick to those times of the day for the best results. You could probably pull off dawn magic at dusk but either you have to be really good or the effect wouldn't be as great. Probably. Maybe. I'm actually not sure about that one, but it seems about right. I will go on record saying that what I just said makes sense and it probably right." She nodded to punctuate the declaration.

"No magic? Well now that's interesting. Maybe the Yodotai don't need it, like your power comes from togas and close cropped hair. So wait, do you mean you have no magic at all? And does that mean magic doesn't work on you? And would that in turn mean you don't have to even worry about that stuff? Which in turn would mean you have to know all of this fancy medical stuff because someone can't just come up to you and give you a good healing? And building off of that, did you ever have magic in your land?"

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:38 am

Nihira wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:23 pm

Snip
"hmmm, yes...yes...sort of...sort of...yes...and I'm not sure."
Her brow creases as she tries to answer everything systematically.

"Does our ancestors returning to fight alongside us count as magic? I see sort of yes, but also sort of no? It is more like a cultural...thing which happens."

Nihira

Post by Nihira » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:13 am

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:38 am
Snip
"Hmmm..." Nihira had to think about that last question. Maybe is she were one of her people's magic users she would know these things. Or if she had at least paid a bit more attention when she was being taught this stuff. That stuff was in the past and there was no going back only forward on guesses and instinct.

"Maybe. I can see it both ways as well. Then maybe we're both more magical than we thought in the first place, Claw-diya. Look at it this way, I don't hear about too many other people have an old family member following them around and staring at them disapprovingly when they are trying to spend some adult time with another person and it makes you feel weird so you have to make up an excuse to leave even though you want to stay and then you don't get another chance at things and..." She looked around and trailed off. "...or whatever situation you may find yourself in. What were we talking about again?"

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:53 am

Nihira wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:13 am
Snip
Claudia blinks rapidly.
"As a doctor I can say that is not right, your grandmother should let you do adult things in peace. There are some things that are only your business. You do not want a grandparent watching, or worse, offering advice."

She things she hears a spectral harrumph.

"Maybe we are both magical then? That is a nice thought. It is not the most useful magic, but it is different? We cannot all heal with our hands...or presumably the other things magic can do?"

With a little sigh she rubs the back of her neck.
"But I should be getting back, it was a good time, Nihira. I did not expect such a happy welcome here."