(Cat's Tail EE) The cat is always curious

Bazir

Re: (Cat's Tail EE) The cat is always curious

Post by Bazir » Fri May 27, 2022 3:49 pm

''First'' he began ''Picture this: two women lying in the same bed having spend the night with each other. The first woman is suddenly awoken by the sensation of drowning...because she is. A tendril of what appears to be living foul waters is forcing itself down her throat but she flails, resist and manages to wake the second woman. The second woman awakes but is unable to act, the tendril of water coming from her own belly."

He pauses

''The first woman, fighting the waters, backs away from the bed which seems to disconnect the thing from it's source and the foul liquid falls to the ground helplessly''

He takes a cup to his lips

''What do you make of this?''
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 27, 2022 5:34 pm

Bazir wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 3:49 pm
''First'' he began ''Picture this: two women lying in the same bed having spend the night with each other. The first woman is suddenly awoken by the sensation of drowning...because she is. A tendril of what appears to be living foul waters is forcing itself down her throat but she flails, resist and manages to wake the second woman. The second woman awakes but is unable to act, the tendril of water coming from her own belly."

He pauses

''The first woman, fighting the waters, backs away from the bed which seems to disconnect the thing from it's source and the foul liquid falls to the ground helplessly''

He takes a cup to his lips

''What do you make of this?''
Qara frowned. "Certainly...highly strange." She took another sip. "Not sure what can I make of this, except...some kind of curse, or possession?"

She played with her cup a bit, before pondering some more. "How are the woman doing now? Any lingering effects?"
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Fri May 27, 2022 6:43 pm

''She seems fine and unarmed'' he replied with a nod ''I've sent the same question to the mummer's guild but I figured it could pose an interesting challenge for you as well, sayyeda.''

he picked a fig and played with it for a second

''You have access to the al-Hazaad libraries so I am curious to see what you may find about this situation.''

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 27, 2022 7:25 pm

Bazir wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:43 pm
''She seems fine and unarmed'' he replied with a nod ''I've sent the same question to the mummer's guild but I figured it could pose an interesting challenge for you as well, sayyeda.''

he picked a fig and played with it for a second

''You have access to the al-Hazaad libraries so I am curious to see what you may find about this situation.''
"I'll have to take a look into it, certainly. Has this occured with anyone else, according to your knowledge?"

Her cup was stuck halfway between the table and her lips, as she was deep in thought. It was certainly...something.
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Sat May 28, 2022 2:10 am

''No...it is the first time I have seen this'' he admitted ''This festival is one of firsts, apparently, because our second point is just that.''

He took another sip

''Remember the ghuls who exited the sewers in masse? They were chased out by something else...different ghuls, it seems''

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Sat May 28, 2022 6:50 am

Bazir wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 2:10 am
''No...it is the first time I have seen this'' he admitted ''This festival is one of firsts, apparently, because our second point is just that.''

He took another sip

''Remember the ghuls who exited the sewers in masse? They were chased out by something else...different ghuls, it seems''
"Well, in case you can acquire some of the water that came out of one woman...perhaps it could give me more of a clue. Hearing about it, it reminds me of some type of kansen, maybe, but that is very dangerous."

She raised an eyebrow. "Oh? What other kind of ghul, do you think?"

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Sat May 28, 2022 1:35 pm

He pauses, unsure

"I...I am not quite sure sayyeda. I do not wish to speculate where I must not. However from the clues I have gathered the new breed must be both fierce and territorial."

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Sat May 28, 2022 2:01 pm

"It certainly sounds troubling. The ghuls have been unusually aggressive, after all, and we wouldn't want them to continue spilling out onto the streets. One almost got into the houses of Dahab before I stopped it. Do you intend to investigate, sidi?"

She put her cup down for now. This wsa certainly grave news.

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Mon May 30, 2022 8:26 pm

''I did what I could for now sayyeda...I will see what I can do in the morrow, if I can do more.'' he smiles ''I am but a café owner after all, there is a limit to what I can do''

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Tue May 31, 2022 10:05 am

Bazir wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 8:26 pm
''I did what I could for now sayyeda...I will see what I can do in the morrow, if I can do more.'' he smiles ''I am but a café owner after all, there is a limit to what I can do''
Qara smiled. "Of course, of course. A resourceful café owner, though." She smiled. "I hope you yourself have been safe these last few days?"