Day 3, EE - Pampered Ra'Shari

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: Day 3, EE - Pampered Ra'Shari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 26, 2022 10:40 pm

"Hai, that's right. I told them to start right before you arrived. So it's had a fire on it for maybe ten or fifteen minutes now? I'll admit it's a bit warm, but better a tiny bit too hot than a tiny bit too cold."

Sora laid back and relaxed; The water wasn't as hot as a Rokugani hotspring, but it wasn't as if she knew that. All she knew is it relaxed her muscles after all the dancing earlier that afternoon. Sipping the wine, she spoke up more circumspectly, "Are... you worrying about money lately, Raya? I know I learned during the Festival of Arrows that a lot of people really worry about their income about the city, but you've never seemed the sort."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri May 27, 2022 7:32 am

"That depends if it is in a pot swinging into your leg or not" Raya said with a small laugh, before pushing off the side and sliding into the water. Oversliding a little and ending up underwater for a few moments before pulling up with a bit of a splash.

"Ahhh! That is very warm!" She said in surprise, laughing again before settling down in the water, leaning into Sora a little.

"Hm? Money worries? No I have no such worries, I do not have money to afford trips such as this but I do not have concerns. Ra'Shari have everything that we need, and anything more would be too heavy to travel with yes? My worry was for you, because this seems expensive."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 27, 2022 8:05 am

"Ah... I guess I never thought about it that way. Expansive..."

She mused a bit, lost in thought a moment before speaking up, "Expensive is when you cannot afford to pay for something, right?"
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri May 27, 2022 8:17 am

"Not always. Expensive can mean a large part of someones money as well. If someone were to receive only 10 copper in a month and something cost 8 copper, it would not leave them money to live yes? Not that I know if people earn a lot of money or not, Ra'Shari that are not merchants rarely think about money concerns as the caravans provide for us all."

Raya turned her head to look at Soraya.

"Soraya has never had to worry about this yes?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 27, 2022 8:22 am

"Never. If I want something, I pay for it. I know money can run out, but I try to have inexpensive tastes. I don't need second houses or river boats or such; Some nice clothes and jewelry, some toys for the bedroom, some occasional pampering at the spa, some art, maybe silk bedsheets from Rokugan... simple stuff for my own personal enjoyment rather than showing off type stuff."
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri May 27, 2022 8:37 am

Raya nodded.

"I cannot speak for the average citizen of the city, but Ra'Shari wouldn't usually buy such things. You have seen my caravan, there is no silk bedding or toys. I did once have a little plushie sheep, but I lost it when I was young during travelling to the Kingdoms. I sometimes wonder if one day I'll come across it when travelling through the sands, but I know such things are unlikely. Plus that was more of a worry for five year old Raya rather than adult Raya. If they are things that make you happy though, then you should do it. Life is to be enjoyed after all yes? Just do not be surprised when you take the girl from the desert and she is confused and awe stricken at seeing bathing rooms bigger than her caravan" there was a small chuckle "I cannot help it, I have never experienced these."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 27, 2022 3:53 pm

"Oh."

Sora blinked, then blushed a little, though it was harder to notice with the light steam and the way the warm water made her body flush a little anyways, "I suppose I never notice with how lively and colorful and comfortable going out to see you is. I would think your wagon the greatest treasure in the world compared to expensive silks or having pet animals to look after. Then again, stories always do say that the greatest things in life can't be bought with money."

A pause, "...I suppose that's part of why I've never paid it too much attention."
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri May 27, 2022 4:20 pm

Raya chuckled.

"That is why I like you. You only see the good, the happy and joy. It sparkles in your beautiful eyes. There is no divide or difference in class or life, there is just fun, and you will see the best in life."

The Ra'Shari woman turned slightly, moving round so she was facing Sora. She reached up to place a hand on the womans cheek.

"You are special. Never be any different."

She leant in and placed a soft kiss on the womans lips.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 27, 2022 4:54 pm

That got even more of a blushing flush from the princess, the young woman giving a mewling breath into the kiss. She closed her eyes, only opening them slowly once she was pulling back from the kiss, "Just as you are always Raya, I am always me. That someone can appreciate me for me makes me happier than anything else, you know?"

She chuckles under her breath, "I see my own faults all too often, so to have someone to remind me of what I'm doing right is very helpful to me."
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri May 27, 2022 7:14 pm

"We always see our worst because we are closest to ourself" Raya said with a nod, moving to sit back against the bath again, leaning into Sora "but you are a good person, do not forget it."

Raya closed her eyes and sighed gently.

"I think I understand this place more now. It makes you feel calm in body and mind, so you can think more clearly yes? What is the food for though?"