Shadow Plays (LE, Throughout the City, Event)

Jewel

Shadow Plays (LE, Throughout the City, Event)

Post by Jewel » Mon May 09, 2022 8:34 am

In the midst of the longest night, as an eclipse plunges the city into true darkness, forces often hidden make moves while They Who Came Before have their gazes elsewhere.

Those few minutes may be long enough for one to grasp power that can change their life. All it takes is the right ritual... as simple as that....
GM • City of Stories

Jewel

Re: Shadow Plays (LE, Throughout the City, Event)

Post by Jewel » Thu May 26, 2022 2:41 am

In the Darkness I Call to Thee: A candle set behind you and a simple rhyme...

Roll Lore: Medinaat al-Salaam/Intelligence TN15, Spellcraft/Intelligence TN20, or Theology/Intelligence TN25.

Success means you have heard of the ritual and know how to enact it.

Failure ends the event

In the Darkness I Summon Thee: It feels as if your shadow, cast before you, is somehow listening...

Roll Sincerity (Honesty)/Void TN15

Success means the presence can tell your request is not just a lark but coming from heart and soul.

Failure end the event

In the Darkness I Beseech Thee: Your shadow moves without you, silently beckoning you to speak, make your request...

Make your request.

Roll raw Void TN10

Success means your request will be granted or you will be provided with means to aid you in it. Each successful raise increases the accuracy and expediency of its fulfillment (monkey paw rules very much apply). In any case there will be repercussions....

Failure means the presence rejects your request... though a price might still be paid.
GM • City of Stories

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Thu May 26, 2022 2:42 am

Spellcasting is not allowed in this event
GM • City of Stories

Cassim

Post by Cassim » Thu May 26, 2022 7:21 am

This would be something that Cassim would be all about trying.

If he knew of it.

LE-Shadows Plays-In Darkness I Call to thee: untrained Lore: MaS/Intelligence | 2k2 ⇒ 11 (TN: 15)
Mekhem | Diplomat of a sort | Wealthy (how?) | The (in)Famous Desert Fox (winks at the lady) | Soft Touch
Influence: City 1 / Origin 1 / Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 0 / Infamous 1.0 Integrity: *laughs*
Languages: Mekhem, Rokugani
Carries: Sling (disguised), knife, odd belt (rope and grappling hook), currently dressed in tattered clothes

Asher

Post by Asher » Thu May 26, 2022 2:31 pm

Jewel wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:41 am
In the Darkness I Call to Thee: A candle set behind you and a simple rhyme...

Roll Lore: Medinaat al-Salaam/Intelligence TN15, Spellcraft/Intelligence TN20, or Theology/Intelligence TN25.
Shadowplay LE3 In the darkness, Void for Lore: Medinaat al-Salaam | 5k4+5 ⇒ 50 (TN: 15)

Success means you have heard of the ritual and know how to enact it.

In the Darkness I Summon Thee: It feels as if your shadow, cast before you, is somehow listening...

Roll Sincerity (Honesty)/Void TN15

Shadowplay LE3 In the darkness/Sincerity , void | 3k2 ⇒ 17 (TN: 15)

Success means the presence can tell your request is not just a lark but coming from heart and soul.

In the Darkness I Beseech Thee: Your shadow moves without you, silently beckoning you to speak, make your request...

Make your request.

Roll raw Void TN10
Shadowplay LE3 In the darkness/Void | 2k2 ⇒ 11 (TN: 10)

Success means your request will be granted or you will be provided with means to aid you in it. Each successful raise increases the accuracy and expediency of its fulfillment (monkey paw rules very much apply). In any case there will be repercussions....
Mekham * Dahabi * House Basiri * Diplomat * Archeologist * Merchant * Curious * Linguist * Local
Influence: City 1 / Dahabi 2/ Faction 1 * Reputation: Glory 3.3/Infamy 0 * Integrity: What is Expected

Speaks: Mekhet, Senpet, Ra'Shari, Yodatai, Rokugani, Invidi
Street Equipment: Nice Clothes, Canteen, Locksmith tools, Calligraphy Kit, Flint & Tinder, Knife
Field Equipment: Sturdy Clothes, Pack, Torches, Rope & Grapple, Blanket, Rations
Companion: Jadzia (Gorilla) - Equipment: Canteen & Medical Kit

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri May 27, 2022 7:24 pm

Raya had been returning home through the city after a lovely time with Soraya when she felt something looking at her. After nearly being ghulfood she looked around, a hand on her knife. Yet there was nothing. But tehre was something. She could feel it.

A frown, then a few blinks.

Wait, there was that story...but that story isn't real is it? Or is it?

She continued to the caravans, but that feeling was still there. Coming from her very shadow. She looked up and the eclipse happening....everything fit the story.

"Shadow of promises, I call upon you. Stand upon me and grant me my wish."

At first there was nothing. After a few moments Raya chuckled.

"S-see....totally not real..."

Then she saw it. Eyes in the darkness. She jumped.

"Now I'm seeing things...If you're real, I wish for a magic carpet."

The shadows blinked, and then she was sure there was a grin in the darkness, and a voice in her mind as the eyes faded away.

"Wish...granted...."

(ooc:
D3 LE Shadow plays event - unskilled Lore: Medinaat al-Salaam/Intelligence roll at TN15 | 3k3 ⇒ 19 (TN: 15) pass
D3 LE Shadow plays event - roll2. Sincerity /Void at TN15 | 5k2 ⇒ 17 (TN: 15) pass
D3 LE Shadow plays event - roll3. Raw void vs TN10 | 2k2 ⇒ 12 (TN: 10) pass
Wishing for a magic carpet
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 27, 2022 7:27 pm

Qara recited the weird prayer.

"Bloody mary, bloody mary, bloody mary!"

Nothing happened.

Weird religion is all.

OOC:
D3 LE Lore: Medinaat el-Salaam/Int, Sage, tn 15 | 4k3 ⇒ 9 (TN: 15)
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Asher

Post by Asher » Fri May 27, 2022 8:10 pm

Asher wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:31 pm
Jewel wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:41 am

Shadowplay LE3 In the darkness/Void | 2k2 ⇒ 11 (TN: 10)

Looking over his shoulder at his still wounded friend Asher takes a deep breath, "I want Jadzia to be tougher, smarter, to heal faster, to be the best she can be"
Mekham * Dahabi * House Basiri * Diplomat * Archeologist * Merchant * Curious * Linguist * Local
Influence: City 1 / Dahabi 2/ Faction 1 * Reputation: Glory 3.3/Infamy 0 * Integrity: What is Expected

Speaks: Mekhet, Senpet, Ra'Shari, Yodatai, Rokugani, Invidi
Street Equipment: Nice Clothes, Canteen, Locksmith tools, Calligraphy Kit, Flint & Tinder, Knife
Field Equipment: Sturdy Clothes, Pack, Torches, Rope & Grapple, Blanket, Rations
Companion: Jadzia (Gorilla) - Equipment: Canteen & Medical Kit

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Fri May 27, 2022 8:42 pm

Asher wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:10 pm
Looking over his shoulder at his still wounded friend Asher takes a deep breath, "I want Jadzia to be tougher, smarter, to heal faster, to be the best she can be"
(Please roll Animal Handling)
GM • City of Stories

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Fri May 27, 2022 9:18 pm

Raya wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:24 pm
Raya had been returning home through the city after a lovely time with Soraya when she felt something looking at her. After nearly being ghulfood she looked around, a hand on her knife. Yet there was nothing. But tehre was something. She could feel it.

A frown, then a few blinks.

Wait, there was that story...but that story isn't real is it? Or is it?

She continued to the caravans, but that feeling was still there. Coming from her very shadow. She looked up and the eclipse happening....everything fit the story.

"Shadow of promises, I call upon you. Stand upon me and grant me my wish."

At first there was nothing. After a few moments Raya chuckled.

"S-see....totally not real..."

Then she saw it. Eyes in the darkness. She jumped.

"Now I'm seeing things...If you're real, I wish for a magic carpet."

The shadows blinked, and then she was sure there was a grin in the darkness, and a voice in her mind as the eyes faded away.

"Wish...granted...."

(ooc:
D3 LE Shadow plays event - unskilled Lore: Medinaat al-Salaam/Intelligence roll at TN15 | 3k3 ⇒ 19 (TN: 15) pass
D3 LE Shadow plays event - roll2. Sincerity /Void at TN15 | 5k2 ⇒ 17 (TN: 15) pass
D3 LE Shadow plays event - roll3. Raw void vs TN10 | 2k2 ⇒ 12 (TN: 10) pass
Wishing for a magic carpet
As the shape that was Raya's own shadow churns before her she feels a deep, sharp, pain within as if two forces were warring within her.

As the pain, and the eclipse, fade away a slip of shadow... roughly carpet sized... remains where her shadow was cast.
GM • City of Stories