Shadow Plays RP thread (EA open)

Raya

Shadow Plays RP thread (EA open)

Post by Raya » Thu May 26, 2022 8:45 pm

"...And the heroine Rona, holding onto the carpet for dear life, took to the sky as the beast raged. All around them boom, boom, the explosions set up by Rona go off, and the ground falls in. Trapping the best underground! But wait, what is that sound?"

Raya leaned to the side, cupping her ear, her other hand holding as if holding onto the carpet.

"Rona leans out, and she hears the cries of the princess Ahava! Turning around, begging the carpet to work with her, she dived down towards where the sounds were. Finding the princess holding onto a tree, Rona held her hand out" Raya holds out her hand in the direction of the kids "grab on she shouts! Ahava reaches out, and with a swoop she is pulled onto the carpet as the ground opens and then closes around the beast."

Raya stood back, smiling.

"Rona and Ahava, they fly away. Towards the sunset, and to live happily ever after."

She bowed to the crowd - the kids who were listening, and the others that had gathered, getting a round of applause.

(ooc - this is the rp thread for this event as agreed by GM! This is for my story roll, but feel free to include your own event stuff)
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Qasim al-Basiri

Re: Shadow Plays RP thread (EA open)

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu May 26, 2022 9:09 pm

Raya wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 8:45 pm
Snip
Qasim had just finished telling his own story not far from here and had stopped to lean against a wall to watch the lovely Ra'Shari weave her tale.

When she finished he clapped along with the rest of the audience and as shebegan to pass him he spoke up "It is a treat to see you in the city, saves me a trip out to the caravan to hear your storytelling skills." He says giving her a bright smile.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 26, 2022 11:22 pm

For her part, Soraya was on a stage; She was dressed in a very elaborate but revealing outfit, with voluminous skirts and a headdress, an expensive mix of gauzy lace, Rokugani silks, and rich satins. She too started telling a tale... but it wasn't really storytelling. It was singing, singing a story in long form, with parts accented by the stomping of her feet and the clack of small cymbals between her fingers.

It wasn't her idea either; It was a ritual, a religious way of telling the story of the Day of Wrath, told on midday of the shortest day of the year to tell of the how this too would pass, and to beg Shilah to spare her sorrow and plunge the world into darkness. There was a twin ritual on the longest day of the year to spare Shilah's wrath rather than sorrow, to keep the balance of the world and not let it be burned in fire either.

Sora was used to this and was entirely into the moment, letting the Goddess guide every step, stomp, and chant, sweating on the stage people had gathered around despite the time of year, two very old looking people accompanying her with a stringed instrument and deep sounding drum.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri May 27, 2022 7:34 am

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:09 pm
Qasim had just finished telling his own story not far from here and had stopped to lean against a wall to watch the lovely Ra'Shari weave her tale.

When she finished he clapped along with the rest of the audience and as shebegan to pass him he spoke up "It is a treat to see you in the city, saves me a trip out to the caravan to hear your storytelling skills." He says giving her a bright smile.
There was a small twirl on the spot as she was spoken to, Raya coming to a stop facing the owner of the voice with a grin.

"Sidi Qasim! It is time for stories yes? Ra'Shari are where the stories are, so Raya came to share stories! She tried to sing out with Sayyeda Soraya also but the crowds would not let her. Sayyeda Soraya certainly is popular yes?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri May 27, 2022 8:20 am

Qasim raised an eyebrow at her a slightly frown on his lips "They did not let you sing? That is unfortunate, you have a quite lovely voice." Qasim shook his head "I will never understand some people."

He smiled a little though when she mentioned Soraya, warm smile of fond memories "Yes indeed she is, though it shouldn't be a surprise her beauty and many talents surely make her a crowd pleaser."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri May 27, 2022 8:40 am

"I am used to it Sidi. If there are non-Ra'Shari performing, then Ra'Shari are pushed to a side. At least they let me tell my story, the children they had smiles so big. Their eyes brighter than the sun and following every word, it is a joy to have such attentive audiences. More attentive than Ra'Shari children they were!"

Raya laughed, peeking in the direction of Sora.

"She really is beloved here. I can see why, she has that way about her yes? What is the word, like it pulls you in and you cannot get away? Magnetic?"

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri May 27, 2022 8:48 am

Qasim smiled at her laugh white teeth peeking from between brown lips, he had further thoughts on the way her people were treated but did not wish to drag on a heavy topic when she seemed to be in such high spirits. "yes they certainly were, and it was good of you to share your story here with us. Nice to see people having fun spreading cheer."

"And magnetic is the word you are looking for." He said translating from the Ra'Shari tongue. "And yes she certainly has that," he chuckled a little to himself "not able to get away isn't quite right, more makes it to where you don't want to get away."

"But she is not the only one with a bit of magnetism Sayyeda." He said turning the grin on her.

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri May 27, 2022 10:09 am

"Ra'Shari are all for spreading cheer Sidi, you know this well."

Raya turned back from the performance to Qasim.

"Magnetic, yes! She is magnetic, but in a good way yes. It is why the city loves her, and why she has so many friends."

There was a chuckle at the compliment though, and she smiled brightly.

"Sidi is too kind, I do not think I have the magnetism of Sayyeda Soraya though. More the exotic and mystery that Ra'shari bring. I am glad if my stories pull people though and make them want to stay, I think I am getting better that them too. My teacher, he used to say 'Raya, you lose yourself in your moving too much that you forget you are telling a story!' But I feel like how I move helps to tell the story yes? What does sidi think?"

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Fri May 27, 2022 10:27 am

As expected of the city of stories, the competition on the storytelling market was insane. Al-Haddar would have to add yet another string to his metaphorical bow (an idiom freshly arrived in the city, that was all the rage since the archery contest) if he was to make good money out of his abilities this festival. Maybe he should take up juggling?

As for the now, he decided to bring in some variety to the scene by taking out his (cheap copy of a) classic-style deck of cards and perform some divination.

And by that, he meant drawing random cards with a focused look on his face and making things up as they went.

"Ahoy! Reversed three of coins! A time of danger but also great opportunity! And now the ace of cup and the king of swords! Blessing from above on those worthy of it!"
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 27, 2022 3:59 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:48 am
-snip-
Raya wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:09 am
-snip-
Soon the midday ritual was done, and Sora's song and dance came to a close. There was no applause; It was a religious ritual and the crowd was subdued and reverent, a priest coming up to the stage to replace Sora as she stepped off of it, moving subtly and reservedly as she did so, not drawing attention to herself. She'd not spotted Qasim or Raya yet... nor the familiar face of Al-Haddar at his stall.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse