Shadow Plays RP thread (EA open)

Qasim al-Basiri

Re: Shadow Plays RP thread (EA open)

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri May 27, 2022 8:34 pm

Raya wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:09 am
"Sidi is too kind, I do not think I have the magnetism of Sayyeda Soraya though. More the exotic and mystery that Ra'shari bring. I am glad if my stories pull people though and make them want to stay, I think I am getting better that them too. My teacher, he used to say 'Raya, you lose yourself in your moving too much that you forget you are telling a story!' But I feel like how I move helps to tell the story yes? What does sidi think?"
"It does not do for you to compare yourself to another. Does a Ruby shine any less bright when placed next to a Emerald? Both have a beauty and draw of their own unique to them." He said with a smile to Raya before looking to Soraya finish her dance

Qasim chuckled shifting to look at her more fully as Soraya finished "I think your story telling is very you and that makes it special. I am sure your teacher knows much about storytelling but forgetting you are telling a story hardly feels like the worst thing in the world. I have never been dissatisfied with the way you tell a tale." He explains with a smile

"And feel free to just call me Qasim, I feel I have shared enough time around your fires for a more familiar address."
Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 3:59 pm
Snip
Should he catch her eye the Princess would recieve a friendly wave but he does not abandon his conversation to chase her down.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri May 27, 2022 8:47 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:34 pm
"It does not do for you to compare yourself to another. Does a Ruby shine any less bright when placed next to a Emerald? Both have a beauty and draw of their own unique to them." He said with a smile to Raya before looking to Soraya finish her dance

Qasim chuckled shifting to look at her more fully as Soraya finished "I think your story telling is very you and that makes it special. I am sure your teacher knows much about storytelling but forgetting you are telling a story hardly feels like the worst thing in the world. I have never been dissatisfied with the way you tell a tale." He explains with a smile

"And feel free to just call me Qasim, I feel I have shared enough time around your fires for a more familiar address."
"It is natural to compare no? I always compared myself to my brothers and sisters, they were always better telling stories but I was better acting stories I think. It is no matter, as you say both have a beauty and draw to them. I think I prefer watching Sayyeda Soraya tell stories than look in a mirror and watch myself though."

There was a small pause, before she added "I can do that Qasim, but if any Dahabi noble gets upset that I am not being proper I hope you will tell them you said it was ok."
Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:34 pm
Should he catch her eye the Princess would recieve a friendly wave but he does not abandon his conversation to chase her down.
Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 3:59 pm
Snip
Raya looked in the direction of the wave then grinned.

"Oh she is finished? I thought she would stay on stage all afternoon."

"Ah, she is finished!
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri May 27, 2022 8:56 pm

Raya wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:47 pm
"It is natural to compare no? I always compared myself to my brothers and sisters, they were always better telling stories but I was better acting stories I think. It is no matter, as you say both have a beauty and draw to them. I think I prefer watching Sayyeda Soraya tell stories than look in a mirror and watch myself though."

There was a small pause, before she added "I can do that Qasim, but if any Dahabi noble gets upset that I am not being proper I hope you will tell them you said it was ok."

"Oh she is finished? I thought she would stay on stage all afternoon."

"Ah, she is finished!
Qasim nodded "Of course I would. In fact I would not mind speaking for you in any matter where one of my house draws issue with you. Your people's maligned reputation is not deserved in my eyes. And besides I have always preferred to judge individuals based on the evidence of their character not their bloodline or culture. You, Raya, have been nothing but friendly, helpful and kind in my experience."

"And as for comparisons being natural I suppose it is easy to do but I suppose I mean to say that the appeal of another while it may be great does not reduce your own." He smiled thinking about her example "and well watching yourself perform is an interesting idea but I agree watching someone else is likely more fun."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 27, 2022 9:54 pm

Raya wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:47 pm
-snip-
Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:56 pm
-snip-
Sora does indeed see the wave and she blinks a little before smiling and waving back; She leans in and says something to the two musicians next to her before walking over to Raya and Qasim, the people in the crowd parting for her even as they keep listening to the priest giving him sermon.

Once she's up to her friends, Sora gives a deep curtsy in her ruffly costume, smiling softly. She does not say anything though.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri May 27, 2022 10:20 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:56 pm
Qasim nodded "Of course I would. In fact I would not mind speaking for you in any matter where one of my house draws issue with you. Your people's maligned reputation is not deserved in my eyes. And besides I have always preferred to judge individuals based on the evidence of their character not their bloodline or culture. You, Raya, have been nothing but friendly, helpful and kind in my experience."

"And as for comparisons being natural I suppose it is easy to do but I suppose I mean to say that the appeal of another while it may be great does not reduce your own." He smiled thinking about her example "and well watching yourself perform is an interesting idea but I agree watching someone else is likely more fun."
"Ra'Shari understand why we are treated so, even if it is unfair. I would not wish for you to get in trouble trying to defend us, even if I am touched you would do so" Raya placed her hand on Qasims arm, smiling at him "thank you for your kindness. Truly, you are a good man."
Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:54 pm
Sora does indeed see the wave and she blinks a little before smiling and waving back; She leans in and says something to the two musicians next to her before walking over to Raya and Qasim, the people in the crowd parting for her even as they keep listening to the priest giving him sermon.

Once she's up to her friends, Sora gives a deep curtsy in her ruffly costume, smiling softly. She does not say anything though.
There was a small giggle at the curtsey, and Raya tried to copy it. Her dress wasn't quite as ruffly though - it was also much shorter.

"Hello! You looked like you were having fun" she smiled brightly" as much as it is wonderful to have you here, your dancing was wonderful and I miss seeing it already. I hope you will dance again soon?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri May 27, 2022 10:28 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:54 pm
Snip
Raya wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:20 pm
Snap
Qasim simply returns the smile "Regardless should you be in need of it my aid is yours." He says inclining his head.

The Dahabi Merchant chuckled as well when Soraya curtsied for rhem and returned with a formal bow "I am inclined to agree with laella Raya on this one. You're dancing was enchanting as always."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 27, 2022 10:49 pm

Raya wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:20 pm
-snip-
Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:28 pm
-snip-
That got a broad smile from Sora and she nodded happily, clasping her hands together in front of herself. She looked at Raya questioningly then, giving a small shake of her hips as she did so, before pointing at Raya.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri May 27, 2022 10:52 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:28 pm
snip
Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:49 pm
snip
Raya looked at Qasim then back at Sora, a small look of confusion on her face.

"You want me to dance?"