[D3EA] Wares and Wary

Cassim

[D3EA] Wares and Wary

Post by Cassim » Thu May 26, 2022 5:44 pm

Cassim feels like a new man after sleeping the morning away with money in his pocket from the previous night's gambling. He has picked out some respectable clothes again so that he is not immediately drawing the wrong sort of attention. If trousers and sturdy shoes are not flashy, then they at least have the benefit of not being tattered rags (at least not yet).

So he does a double take at the curio store.

"I thought that place went out of business?" The words are to himself. He usually prides himself at knowing that is going on in the district, and the idea that he has lapsed is troubling.

Cassim looks back and forth along the thoroughfare before parting the curtain and stepping inside, comforted by the piles of junk that he could see.

"Hello! Are you folks still open? I was saddened to hear of a death in the family." He was struggling to recall if there were any sons to take over. Was the store in new hands?
Mekhem | Diplomat of a sort | Wealthy (how?) | The (in)Famous Desert Fox (winks at the lady) | Soft Touch
Influence: City 1 / Origin 1 / Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 0 / Infamous 1.0 Integrity: *laughs*
Languages: Mekhem, Rokugani
Carries: Sling (disguised), knife, odd belt (rope and grappling hook), currently dressed in tattered clothes

Zara

Re: [D3EA] Wares and Wary

Post by Zara » Thu May 26, 2022 7:16 pm

"Thank you for your sympathies." A young woman appeared. "Welcome and please come in."
Mekham ◇ Diplomat ◇ Merchant ◇ Wealthy ◇ Beautiful ◇ Daring ◇ Quiet ◇ Mischievous
Influence: 1/2/1 □ Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0 □ Integrity: Very Little
Languages: Mekham, Ivindi

Generally Finely Dressed and Carrying: Silver Ring,, Coin Purse, Water, Knife

Cassim

Post by Cassim » Thu May 26, 2022 8:55 pm

Cassim does a quick double take. " You're the new proprietor?" He quickly catches himself. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to presume. It's shocking when you realize time is catching up with you, a young lady in charge of the business while I'm a greying old fart*
Mekhem | Diplomat of a sort | Wealthy (how?) | The (in)Famous Desert Fox (winks at the lady) | Soft Touch
Influence: City 1 / Origin 1 / Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 0 / Infamous 1.0 Integrity: *laughs*
Carries: Sling (disguised), knife, odd belt (rope and grappling hook), currently dressed in tattered clothes

Zara

Post by Zara » Thu May 26, 2022 9:06 pm

"We all have our place in the Jewel." she said with a smile. She had likely had similar conversations countless times. "I hope the day has been pleasant for you so far."
Mekham ◇ Diplomat ◇ Merchant ◇ Wealthy ◇ Beautiful ◇ Daring ◇ Quiet ◇ Mischievous

Cassim

Post by Cassim » Sun May 29, 2022 12:26 am

"Well, I am in fresh clothes and I am chatting with a beautiful young lady, so I will say that my day has taken a marked turn for the better." Cassim leans in a little, curious if his charms with work

Zara

Post by Zara » Sun May 29, 2022 3:08 am

"It pleases me that I can add to your enjoyment today." She continued to smile. "Can I interest you in one of our curiosities? I have a unique Ivindi sculpture over here."

Cassim

Post by Cassim » Sun May 29, 2022 1:59 pm

"Well, perhaps something." Cassim mulls for a moment. "What about a mask?"

Zara

Post by Zara » Sun May 29, 2022 11:06 pm

"A mask? What kind?" she asked. "I have a wooden one from a far off island."

Cassim

Post by Cassim » Mon May 30, 2022 1:18 am

"Hmm, something that could be worn, I was thinking"

Zara

Post by Zara » Mon May 30, 2022 5:18 am

"I'm fairly certain it can be worn." she shrugged. "Perhaps something from western kingdoms?"