Day 3, EN - Star Gazing (closed)

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: Day 3, EN - Star Gazing (closed)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 27, 2022 3:12 pm

"I think so?"

That didn't sound like a very sure answer.

"I know she moved here when she was about half my age, and that she spoke Invindi when my father met her. She always said her father was fully Invindi but her mother wasn't, so I'm not sure what that means for her. Maybe there are parts my father never told me about all that... or maybe there are parts she never really told to my father. Maybe the details didn't matter to either of them."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri May 27, 2022 8:44 pm

"Forbsomeone so young to know the Invindi tongue she almost surely grew up there." He spoke softly partially lost in thought rubbing her leg gently.

His dark brown eyes shifted from the stars to her face giving her leg a soft squeeze "I am afraid turning back time is something outside of my grasp but would seeing the land your mother came from bring you joy? Getting to know more about her culture and see where she likely spent her youth?" He asked curiously his eyes intent on her face
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 27, 2022 10:00 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:44 pm
"Forbsomeone so young to know the Invindi tongue she almost surely grew up there." He spoke softly partially lost in thought rubbing her leg gently.

His dark brown eyes shifted from the stars to her face giving her leg a soft squeeze "I am afraid turning back time is something outside of my grasp but would seeing the land your mother came from bring you joy? Getting to know more about her culture and see where she likely spent her youth?" He asked curiously his eyes intent on her face
"Great joy, yes. I hear it can be quite the journey though, for good or ill. But then, you know me; I would love to travel literally anywhere. At least almost anywhere I've heard of."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri May 27, 2022 10:10 pm

Qasim nodded looking back up to the stars "Then it is settled, I have been deliberating on a new caravan soon regardless but this seals it. I will travel to the Ivory City and you shall come with me." He spoke matter of factly

"It is no further than any of the other nations around us, no farther than Yodotai, or the Senpet Empire. It is a well worn trade route and safe as they can be. Ostensibly a business trip but we can go there and experience it together."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 27, 2022 10:45 pm

There was a pause from Sora, then a soft chuckle, "I will have to clear some time in my schedule then. Because you know I would not turn you down. Not only because of visiting the lands of my mother's people, but because it would be like a honeymoon, despite things..."

She sighed and lifted a hand, watching as it blocked the moon above her.

"Though you do know clearing my 'schedule' will not be easy; I want to live in this fantasy with you forever, but we both know I am beholden to a Khadi; If she says I cannot go, I cannot go. I would pray she understands me well enough to allow it, but..."

Another sigh, this one deeper, more melancholy, something that showed in her voice, "You know I will try my hardest to make her let me though."
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri May 27, 2022 11:24 pm

Qasim paused for a few moments weighing his words "It does not have to be fantasy." He says after a long pause his voice not quite quiet but softer than usual.

He looked back to her again "You are not in her debt or service, you used a Boon she gave you to acquire what she gave you. Unless I misunderstand the situation." He gave her a questioning look for a moment before continuing

"I know we briefly talked about it before but, we could be married." He said squeezing her hand gently "I am certain I would be able to get your father's blessing and it would be....highly irregular for the Khadi to stand in the way of such a thing." There was a little bit of nerves as he spoke but he was earnest in his words

"We have already admitted we love one another, you know I would offer you freedom. Out here we could build our own paradise. A place where we can be ourselves, do what we want, be who we want. It just....it's the only thing that makes sense if you mean what you say. I want to give you the tools to empower you my love, to let you become the best version of yourself and I believe you have the same desire for me." Qasim sat up reaching out to gently hold her cheek

"I do not seek to pressure you, I simply....I simply wish to see you free and able to do the things you wish to and I wish to be with you." The way his eyes twinkled in the moon light, the warmth that came from the dark orbs the words could be nothing but true.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 27, 2022 11:44 pm

Sora closed her eyes, listening and nodding, opening her eyes once more to look at him. She sat up, stars forgotten for the moment. She even held up a hand as the servant approached with the refreshments, shooing him away as she drew herself closer to Qasim. She kissed the Dahabi man, not a passionate one but a slow, long, loving one. After she drew back from it, she looked him in the eyes.

"You know I would never lie to you, Qasim al-Basiri; I do love you, genuinely. And I would follow you to the Ivory Kingdoms and beyond on adventure and travel."

Her finger went to his lips, "This is where the 'but' comes in though. For one, I am in love with Raya as well, as deeply as yourself, even if it's wrong. You likely already knew that though; It is my burden that I become so enamored with kind, good looking people like yourselves. I even love Majdala, in her own way; Even if she is not like you two, I can tell she cares for me greatly, and that I am both interesting and important to her, on top of what I wish to help her with, both for her sake and for the City. Or at least House Menjari."

She wraps her arms around his neck, finger gone from his lip.

"As far as my arrangement with Lady Majdala, I asked her to let me be her apprentice, as well as her lover. You may judge me all you want, that is your right and all I deserve. But I have stated my reasons for doing so, despite it being a stupid decision."

Finally, she slipped off Qasim's lap, sitting back against the pillow that she'd been resting on, "I... don't know how much of that you already knew. Or what you feel about any of it. I am a very flawed person, Qasim, and despite the fact I know multiple people do see the good in me, I need you to understand those flaws. What they make me, what they cause me to do... You can blame me, you can blame my father for the way he raised me, or you can chose not to do either."

She rubbed her left arm with her right hand, "But I am connected to this city in body and mind; If I leave it with you, it will be tearing a part of me away, unless I can think of something. A-And I've never been very good at thinking..."
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri May 27, 2022 11:59 pm

Qasim leaned into the kiss following her a bit as she pulled away, reluctant to release her lips but her did. He listened, he nodded and only when she mentioned loving the Khadi did a shadow pass over his features but he did not interrupt.

He thought for a moment taking a deep breath "I knew you were fond of Raya, I was not aware you loved her as you did me. But I accept that your heart has so much space in it, I in fact love that about you. How you have so much love for others." He took her hand "I will admit to being....troubled by your affections for the Khadi. Not for the fact you care for but for who, what, she is. I do not want to see you hurt or used in a way you will later regret." He grabbed her hand gently leaning toward her laying next to her face close to hers under the stars.

"I know you are nit perfect Soraya Al-menjari. I do not not put you on a pedestal, I do not treat you like a flower in a vase something perfect to look at and to exist as such. You are a person, a whole person with love and pain, skills and faults."

He kissed her cheek "and I love you for that" another kiss "for your love" kiss *you beauty" kiss "your spirit" kiss "your ability to trust and see the best even when it gets you in trouble" a longer kiss to her lips "but I mostly admire your strength, your desire and ability to do what you think is right." He held her close as they laid there bathed in the moonlight.

"As for the city I do not seek to rip you from it. I am just as much a part of the city as you just because I do not live in its walls. I own a business in it, I attend the festivals, celebrations, work in projects for renewal and deal in politics. You don't have to reside within the walls to be part of the city."

He took a breath "Marriage to me would not mean forsaking all others or your goals. You can be with Raya as well, I do not mind, I could have a room made up for her even. I wish to be with you for who you are big heart full of love and all." He finished kissing her softly again

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 28, 2022 3:38 pm

Sora wasn't sure what to say now, nuzzling into Qasim thoughtfully as his kisses trailed off. She was blushing a little, thinking back to earlier in the day. It was a long pause, over a couple minutes, as Sora sorted some things out in her head.
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 28, 2022 5:31 pm

Qasim for his part was true to his word that he was not trying to pressure her he held her close and nuzzled into the top of her head placing another kiss there "I only want you to be happy." came the soft whispered words slightly muffled by her hair.