[Day 3 EA] Physician, Heal Thyself (Expecting, Closed)

Claudia Gabinus

Re: [Day 3 EA] Physician, Heal Thyself (Expecting, Closed)

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Thu May 26, 2022 8:54 am

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 8:49 am
Snip
"At least yours got married! Mine wanted an education and then a job and now this. I'm never going to have grandkids at this rate." the ghost sighs and rubs his forehead.

"Of course, I think a favour is only fair." Claudia shakes her head, as she slowly starts to unwrap her bandages with her good arm.
"I tend to my patients elsewhere, this is my...I do not know the local word, place that is mine and safe? I like it to be quieter."

She leans over and pulls out her satchel, picking from a selection of large needles before handing one to Qara and starts to mix some pastes together with a mortar and pestle.
Yodotai * Surgeon * Wanderer * Fights If She Has To * Very Haunted * Thirsty For Knowledge*
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1 *Glorious 1, Infamous 0* Integrity: Average

Equipment usually present: Pugio, toga, medicine kit, surgeon’s kit, traveling pack.
If socially acceptable: Sword/Shield/Armour/Ghost

Languages: Mekham, Yodotai

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Thu May 26, 2022 10:23 am

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 8:54 am

"At least yours got married! Mine wanted an education and then a job and now this. I'm never going to have grandkids at this rate." the ghost sighs and rubs his forehead.

"Of course, I think a favour is only fair." Claudia shakes her head, as she slowly starts to unwrap her bandages with her good arm.
"I tend to my patients elsewhere, this is my...I do not know the local word, place that is mine and safe? I like it to be quieter."

She leans over and pulls out her satchel, picking from a selection of large needles before handing one to Qara and starts to mix some pastes together with a mortar and pestle.
"Ah, I see. A....safehouse, I think?" Two MSL-s talking, what a lovely situation. Qara observed the many weird objects. "Are you mixing some ointment, or tincture? Or elixir?"

Meanwhile, the old men huffed. "Fair is fair, I guess. But hey, an education is important. Can't have a dull wife now, can we?"
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Thu May 26, 2022 10:34 am

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 10:23 am

Snip
"Hmmmph, if she can fight with honour she can be as dull as she wants."

"It's a local anesthetic, it will make the stitches hurt less."
Once the paste is a thing green consistency she spreads it down the half healed wounds on her shoulder and waits a few moments for the numbness to set in before taking the needle, dipping it in a small jar of something and threading some thin twine through it.

Then the Yodotai starts quietly stitching her wounds closed with a look of utter concentration.
"By treating the wounds like this we reduce the risk of illness getting in and greatly speed the healing. New skin will grow more quickly."

Day 3 EA, Medicine (surgery) on self, +5 to TN from wound modifiers. TN 20 | 6k3 ⇒ 28 (TN: 20)
Day 3 EA, Medicine (surgery) on self, healed wounds roll | 3k2 ⇒ 19 (TN: ?)
Yodotai * Surgeon * Wanderer * Fights If She Has To * Very Haunted * Thirsty For Knowledge*
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1 *Glorious 1, Infamous 0* Integrity: Average

Equipment usually present: Pugio, toga, medicine kit, surgeon’s kit, traveling pack.

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 27, 2022 6:56 am

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 10:34 am

"It's a local anesthetic, it will make the stitches hurt less."
Once the paste is a thing green consistency she spreads it down the half healed wounds on her shoulder and waits a few moments for the numbness to set in before taking the needle, dipping it in a small jar of something and threading some thin twine through it.

Then the Yodotai starts quietly stitching her wounds closed with a look of utter concentration.
"By treating the wounds like this we reduce the risk of illness getting in and greatly speed the healing. New skin will grow more quickly."

Day 3 EA, Medicine (surgery) on self, +5 to TN from wound modifiers. TN 20 | 6k3 ⇒ 28 (TN: 20)
Day 3 EA, Medicine (surgery) on self, healed wounds roll | 3k2 ⇒ 19 (TN: ?)
"Ah, I see..." She observed the workings of the paste. She flinched when the sewing began. "Ah, I see. Looks...quite painful actually. And the skin will heal itself?"

Meanwhile her grandfather watched on in fascination.
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Fri May 27, 2022 11:37 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:56 am

Snip
"In time, in time. It is not uh, magic."
She grins at Qara even if, despite the numbness, it clearly hurts.

"Now I pour a little of this onto it."
She takes a small cup of what smells like vinegar and dribbles it along the wound...that DEFINITELY hurts as Claudia' eyes twitches for a few moments before she wipes it down.

"And then finish with bandages."

It's hard one handed so she takes her time wrapping clean white cloth across her body and tightly around the wound.

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Sat May 28, 2022 1:25 pm

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 11:37 pm

"In time, in time. It is not uh, magic."
She grins at Qara even if, despite the numbness, it clearly hurts.

"Now I pour a little of this onto it."
She takes a small cup of what smells like vinegar and dribbles it along the wound...that DEFINITELY hurts as Claudia' eyes twitches for a few moments before she wipes it down.

"And then finish with bandages."

It's hard one handed so she takes her time wrapping clean white cloth across her body and tightly around the wound.
Qara smirked. "No, but it is a skill." She looked at the sewed shut scar. "A very...grisly skill." Qara winced in sympathy. "Oof, that looks like it hurt. Did it hurt?"

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Sat May 28, 2022 10:50 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 1:25 pm

Snip
"Yes, but more than it might have otherwise. Between your own healing and the paste it was only a rather painful tugging sensation."
She smiles reassuringly and cleans the needle before stowing it again, methodically making her satchel ready for transport.

"You don't spend time in the army without a few cuts and bruises."
Which reminds her.
"So, what is it you...do? Professionally?"

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Sun May 29, 2022 10:08 pm

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 10:50 pm

"Yes, but more than it might have otherwise. Between your own healing and the paste it was only a rather painful tugging sensation."
She smiles reassuringly and cleans the needle before stowing it again, methodically making her satchel ready for transport.

"You don't spend time in the army without a few cuts and bruises."
Which reminds her.
"So, what is it you...do? Professionally?"
Qara nodded. "Oh, you were part of the army?" She looked around, and did see the armor after all.

"Oh I..." She hesitated. "I am working on that. I was a priestess, but you know, my religion is not that popular over here. Different sun deity for one. Otherwise..." She shrugged. "Use my magic where I can use it, I guess?"

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Sun May 29, 2022 10:15 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 10:08 pm

Snip
"Yes I serve in the legions, I'm just on an extended secondment."
Proudly.
"Military service is one of the most important elements of the Yodotai state. With the legion all things are possible."

She raises an eyebrow as Qara answers.
"So you are...at the time unemployed, but searching? Does your magic grow more powerful the more you use it?"

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Mon May 30, 2022 12:27 pm

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 10:15 pm

"Yes I serve in the legions, I'm just on an extended secondment."
Proudly.
"Military service is one of the most important elements of the Yodotai state. With the legion all things are possible."

She raises an eyebrow as Qara answers.
"So you are...at the time unemployed, but searching? Does your magic grow more powerful the more you use it?"
"Ah, I see." She nodded. "So you are here on official business, so to say?" She sat back, a small smile spreading. "And I thought you just liked the weather. So you have been with the Legion long?"

She hesitated how to respond. "My magic...grows with me, but also with more education. Like most skills and competences in life, the more you invest in it, the more you get out of it. Of course, with my new family, things may change. Some magic are secrets of my former family, of course."