[Day 3 EA] Physician, Heal Thyself (Expecting, Closed)

Claudia Gabinus

[Day 3 EA] Physician, Heal Thyself (Expecting, Closed)

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Thu May 26, 2022 5:10 am

Claudia groans quietly as she sweeps the floor of her small yet comfortable house. One arm is still bound up in a sling and frankly, even just brushing the floor hurts, but she is having a guest and that means her home can be nothing less than spotless.

With a sigh as grandfather mutters she's 'missed a spot' the broom is returned to its nook and she starts slowly setting a low table with fresh water, bread and olives. The living room is comfortable carpeted and brightly lit this time of day as. Most of the decorations present are in the local style, Claudia having had little chance to bring anything from home.

She only hoped this Rokugani's magic was as powerful as she had seemed, if more of those ghuls attacked she wanted to be ready.
Yodotai * Surgeon * Wanderer * Fights If She Has To * Very Haunted * Thirsty For Knowledge*
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1 *Glorious 1, Infamous 0* Integrity: Average

Equipment usually present: Pugio, toga, medicine kit, surgeon’s kit, traveling pack.
If socially acceptable: Sword/Shield/Armour/Ghost

Languages: Mekham, Yodotai

Qara al-Hazaad

Re: [Day 3 EA] Physician, Heal Thyself (Expecting, Closed)

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Thu May 26, 2022 5:21 am

There was a soft knock on the door, as a well-dressed woman wearing many, many talismans and weird trinkets was waiting outside.

"Lella Claudia, I got your message. I hope you are feeling better." She smiled at the woman, not seeing the ancestral grandfather of disapproval.
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Thu May 26, 2022 5:25 am

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 5:21 am
There was a soft knock on the door, as a well-dressed woman wearing many, many talismans and weird trinkets was waiting outside.

"Lella Claudia, I got your message. I hope you are feeling better." She smiled at the woman, not seeing the ancestral grandfather of disapproval.
The door opens smoothly and a slightly paler version of Claudia smiles out at the Rokugani.
"Lella Qwara, yes, you are thanked for coming today. I have not been feeling all good, but that is better than dead, yes?"
She steps aside and motions to the cool dark room.
"Please, you are welcome in my home. If you are not fasting there is food and drink."
She shrugs and then winces.
"I did not think I should be without food until I am healed."

Out of sight of the two, a spectral legionnaire peers suspiciously at the ghost of an aged Iuchi Qabalist.
"So....you haunt the woman who is to treat my granddaughter?"
Yodotai * Surgeon * Wanderer * Fights If She Has To * Very Haunted * Thirsty For Knowledge*
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1 *Glorious 1, Infamous 0* Integrity: Average

Equipment usually present: Pugio, toga, medicine kit, surgeon’s kit, traveling pack.

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Thu May 26, 2022 5:31 am

The old bearded ghost replied in ghost tongue. "Yeah, this one gets distracted far too easily. I need to keep her on track. What about you?"

Qara smiled and moved closer. "I see, I see." She glanced at her arm. "Can I ask how you got hurt lella?" She eyed the offered food and drink.

"...I am taking part in the fast, but thank you."
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Thu May 26, 2022 5:38 am

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 5:31 am
Snip
"The same, the same. The youth of tidy have no understand for how things properly should be done. We make sure they have guidance" The spectre gestures for the other ghost to enter.
"Can I offer you some spectral wine?"

Meanwhile, in the land of the living Claudia nods and leads the Rokugani to a divan where she rolls down her Toga to reveal some clean white bandages down her neck and shoulder.
"A ghul attack. I was overconfident and it nearly took my life." She presses a finger gently at her neck.
"An inch closer and it would have struck my artery and then, a very embarrassing death."

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Thu May 26, 2022 5:49 am

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 5:38 am

Meanwhile, in the land of the living Claudia nods and leads the Rokugani to a divan where she rolls down her Toga to reveal some clean white bandages down her neck and shoulder.
"A ghul attack. I was overconfident and it nearly took my life." She presses a finger gently at her neck.
"An inch closer and it would have struck my artery and then, a very embarrassing death."
"Why, thank you. Certainly, youth is wasted on the...youth." He offered a hand for the spectral wine. "How'd you meet your end?"

"Ah, I see. Those damn ghuls." She removed one of her talismans, depicting a water Fortune, and went to town. Calling upon the spirits of water, she felt exhausted after, but it seemed to help the woman some.

OOC:
D3 EA Path to Inner Peace | 3k2-10 ⇒ -1 (TN: ?)
No healing

D3 EA Path to Inner Peace | 3k2-10 ⇒ 3 (TN: ?)
3 Healing

D3 EA Path to Inner Peace | 3k2-10 ⇒ 6 (TN: ?)
Void slot used

D3 EA Path to Inner Peace | 3k2-10 ⇒ 5 (TN: ?)

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Thu May 26, 2022 5:53 am

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 5:49 am
Snip
The Yodotai offers a glass and then pours the wine. "Fighting barbarians for our glorious empire! I saved our Legatus but took the spirit meant for him. I'm told it was quite moving, covered our family with honour." He sighs and shakes his head. "Not that you'd know it to look at them. How about yourself?"

"They are quite...unpleasant, I have never almost been eaten before."
The surgeon looks on with interest at the talisman and then widens her eyes as she feels her wounds beginning to close, the work of weeks being done in seconds.
"Ancestors...that is quite a tingle. Thank you, truly. You have given me the chance to pursue my own healing."
A little concerned.
"It was not too taxing?"

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Thu May 26, 2022 6:16 am

Qara sighed. "Somewhat. There is only so much I can draw upon the spirits through my own body, and I exhausted that reservoir for onw. Still" She smiled at the woman. "I think you are feeling better. That said..." She sighed. "I must let you know that none of this was for free, of course. Dahabi greed, yadda yadda, you know."

Meanwhile Ahmed accepted the wine. "A noble fight, indeed. Where were you fighting? As for me? University collapsed on me wile I helped our students escape. Damn khadi, undead jerks. Most of my family was back at home, but this one had an inkling of sense and curiosity so I finally got her to move here." He waved towards Claudia. "What's up with her? Was she dropped as a child, or?"

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Thu May 26, 2022 6:34 am

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:16 am
Qara sighed. "Somewhat. There is only so much I can draw upon the spirits through my own body, and I exhausted that reservoir for onw. Still" She smiled at the woman. "I think you are feeling better. That said..." She sighed. "I must let you know that none of this was for free, of course. Dahabi greed, yadda yadda, you know."

Meanwhile Ahmed accepted the wine. "A noble fight, indeed. Where were you fighting? As for me? University collapsed on me wile I helped our students escape. Damn khadi, undead jerks. Most of my family was back at home, but this one had an inkling of sense and curiosity so I finally got her to move here." He waved towards Claudia. "What's up with her? Was she dropped as a child, or?"
"Of course, I understand...what is the cost for this?"
Her brow furrows slightly.
"And are you squeamish?"

Grandfather Flavius raises his own glass in salute.
"To the west against the Gallia, they're savage warriors but will make good new members of the empire."
Nodding sympathetically.
"Ah, well that's a shame, but least you got the kids out, and at least one student. She seems to know her sorcery or whatever it is."
Quaffing from his own glass.
"She's just young and doesn't know how dangerous the world is, it's a wonder she's survived even this long. Decent brain though and you can't fault her bravery."

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Thu May 26, 2022 8:49 am

"Hm...let's settle for a favor owed, for now." She smiled. "Knowing a surgeon from the foreign lands and having them owe a debt will settle for now." She glanced around the room. "Do you get many patients?"

Taking a sip of spectral wine, the spectral whine continued.

"Well, good for you. Mine got here and got married first thing. Hasn't even uncovered the place of my demise. Or my research! I have to keep nagging her! Just promises, you know."