Day 2, Late Evening - Unicorn (expecting)

Ide Rettousei

Re: Day 2, Late Evening - Unicorn (expecting)

Post by Ide Rettousei » Tue May 24, 2022 2:04 pm

"'Demon woman,' Moto-sama?" asks Rettousei. "This isn't some kind of euphemism, is it?

"But this on had only been told that another of the Clan was here--nothing else on the matter. This one is only here since yesterday and wasn't told much before being sent. What happened, if it may be asked?"

And to Qara, "Shall I pour?"

Where do I know the name from?
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Influence 1/1/1 * Reputation 3.4/0.0 * Integrity is What You'd Expect
Blessed * Mellifluous
Speaking or Writing Mekhem, or Narrating * Speaking or Writing Rokugani * Thinking
Usually wears decent clothes, a hat when outside; carries wakizashi, coin purse, might have calligraphy set

"I'm confused."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 3:05 pm

If Yarut recognized the name herself, it didn't show. Sora handed the pot she'd been tending to Rettousei as he approached; He'd helped pick out the tea, after all.

"Seeing a priest in this city is a difficult matter, Iuchi-sama. If I am still allowed to call you that; From what you've said, you would know first hand that this House Hazaad has a virtual lockdown on such things, and they weren't exactly eager to help an outsider who had stolen the Tournament victory from them for House Menjari."

She motioned to her leg to indicate Qara had permission to look more closely at it, "As to what happened, I imagined Miss Menjari had already told you; The last part of the archery tournament was to trade arrows with their Khadi until you chose to back down or she did. But yes, she is essentially a demon, if we did not already know that. She took two arrows from my grandfather's Daikyu without so much as flinching. Her own arrows hit me hard in return, but I did not fall, so earned some kind of respect."

When Qara would look at Yarut's legs, they would look mostly normal, though a bit swollen from the Moto woman sitting down too much, for obvious reasons. There was, however, signs of a bandage around her thigh, higher up under her hakama.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Tue May 24, 2022 3:18 pm

"Thank you, al-Menjari-lella," Rettousei says as he accepts the pot. He makes to pour for all present, and though he is not steeped in the traditional ceremony, he has a steady hand.

"This one had been told only that a Moto was unwell in this place, Moto-sama. It is a new situation, entirely. But the lesson is appreciated, indeed."
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous
Speaking or Writing Mekhem, or Narrating * Speaking or Writing Rokugani * Thinking
Usually wears decent clothes, a hat when outside; carries wakizashi, coin purse, might have calligraphy set

"I'm confused."

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Tue May 24, 2022 4:05 pm

Qara gently touched through the leg. "Any feeling here, or here?" She wasn't any great healer, though she felt like it was something she needed to learn more of.

"Well, in light of my new House and affiliation, I did tell Sayyeda Menjari that this would cost her. Can't really just go around and do things for free when I am from a different clan, eh?" She smiled. "I am not sure the kami can help here, but let me see if I am aware of anything."
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 4:17 pm

Yarut nodded her head, "Hai, I can feel where you touch. It's just that I can't move them. I suppose I should say the sensations are a bit... muted as well. Like the tingling sort of sensation one might have after sitting seiza for too long."

Sora didn't mind that they kept speaking Rokugani, and she had taken the cup of tea Rettousei had poured for her to the table, where she leaned on it and watched. Yorut also took her cup gratefully, giving it a curious sniff.

"And I imagine Sayyeda Menjari doesn't mind. The people of this city are disgustingly free about showing and talking about simple coin. If her money can help a fellow Unicorn, even a former one... I would be happy to have the resources out of the Khadi's hands, as it were."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Tue May 24, 2022 4:26 pm

Rettousei takes up a position near Soraya.

"How is the tea?" he asks. "Not so strong as coffee, I've learned, but still."
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous

"I'm confused."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 4:29 pm

"I do not like strong coffee usually myself regardless. Especially not as late as this. As far as the taste? It is a bit... bitter. But not so much worse than the coffee they make over hot sand at the markets, in it's own way."
Influence:

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Tue May 24, 2022 4:40 pm

"Hot sand?" Rettousei asks. "How does that work?"
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous

"I'm confused."

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Tue May 24, 2022 9:02 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 4:17 pm
Yarut nodded her head, "Hai, I can feel where you touch. It's just that I can't move them. I suppose I should say the sensations are a bit... muted as well. Like the tingling sort of sensation one might have after sitting seiza for too long."

Sora didn't mind that they kept speaking Rokugani, and she had taken the cup of tea Rettousei had poured for her to the table, where she leaned on it and watched. Yorut also took her cup gratefully, giving it a curious sniff.

"And I imagine Sayyeda Menjari doesn't mind. The people of this city are disgustingly free about showing and talking about simple coin. If her money can help a fellow Unicorn, even a former one... I would be happy to have the resources out of the Khadi's hands, as it were."
Qara chuckled. "It does take getting used to, but at the same time...it feels liberating? A lot of what we do back at home is a similar exchange, only veiled in multiple layers of obfuscation." She sighed. "Sometimes, simplicity can be quite elegant, ne? Hm...and how about now?" She reached down towards her foot, tickling it.
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 9:45 pm

It didn't get much reaction from the stoic Moto woman, "Virtually nothing. Like a faint sensation."

She frowned a little, speaking in Mekhem this time, "At least it seems that it is not rotten or dead, if I can at least feel it and it doesn't look too bad to you."
Ide Rettousei wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 4:40 pm
"Hot sand?" Rettousei asks. "How does that work?"
Soraya shrugged, "They heat the sand then it heats the cup? I mean, I don't know the details of why and how. Just that that's how it's always done."
Influence: