Day 2, Late Evening - Unicorn (expecting)

Soraya al-Menjari

Day 2, Late Evening - Unicorn (expecting)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 10:47 pm

Soraya had put out invitations to the the Ide and Qara had gone out, and they'd decided on a time. For now, Sora sat in the small house she'd rented out for Yarut to stay in. Speaking of...

The dark haired Moto woman currently lay on a cot, half sitting up against a pillow with her hands in the blanket over her lap. Her face was stoically blank, but Sora sat nearby, waiting for their guests.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Ide Rettousei

Re: Day 2, Late Evening - Unicorn (expecting)

Post by Ide Rettousei » Mon May 23, 2022 11:12 pm

There is a gentle rapping at the door, as Ide Rettousei stands in the growing dusk, waiting.
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Influence 1/1/1 * Reputation 3.4/0.0 * Integrity is What You'd Expect
Blessed * Mellifluous
Speaking or Writing Mekhem, or Narrating * Speaking or Writing Rokugani * Thinking
Usually wears decent clothes, a hat when outside; carries wakizashi, coin purse, might have calligraphy set

"I'm confused."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 11:19 pm

Ide Rettousei wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:12 pm
There is a gentle rapping at the door, as Ide Rettousei stands in the growing dusk, waiting.
Sora excuses herself with no reaction from Yarut before answering the door, giving a bow of her head as she recognizes the Ide from earlier. "Ah, you made it. Welcome, please come in."

She motioned inside; The house itself was a two room affair, nothing big but not half bad for the city. The clay walls had windows covered by reed screens in them, latched currently to keep the cold out. Candles provided plenty of light enough to see that most of the actual main room was empty, with an armor rack with purple armor on it in one corner, a fireplace in one wall, and what looked like a small square table with stools. The only other thing of note was the cot the Moto woman lay on and a small night stand next to it, against which lay a wakizashi. On the other side of the cot lay two large weapons, a heavy looking scimitar and an unstrung Daikyu of obviously superior craftsmanship.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Mon May 23, 2022 11:27 pm

"I could hardly not come," Rettousei says, then spies the Moto.

He bows deeply. "Moto-sama," he says. "I would ask if you've eaten rice, but I do not think much of it is here. How may this one render assistance?"
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous
Speaking or Writing Mekhem, or Narrating * Speaking or Writing Rokugani * Thinking
Usually wears decent clothes, a hat when outside; carries wakizashi, coin purse, might have calligraphy set

"I'm confused."

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Tue May 24, 2022 5:35 am

There was another rapping on teh door, as the other guest arrived.

When allowed in, she bowed deeply to everyone. "Minnasama, well met." She glanced towards Soraya. "Sayyeda, I came as you requested."
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 6:20 am

Soraya bowed deeply to Qara before Yarut could speak up, "Ide-san here had only just arrived a moment ago. And this, of course, is Moto-san."

Moto Yarut sat up in her cot as best she could with a grunt, bowing her head. "So, she really did invite an Ide and an Iuchi here. I wondered if it was just this girl'sactive imagination. I am Yarut, of the desert Moto, daughter of Moto Isul and Moto Kenchek. Which of you is which then?"

For her part Sora stood a little to the side, at the fireplace, putting a kettle of water on to boil, listening.
Influence:

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Tue May 24, 2022 6:31 am

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 6:20 am
Soraya bowed deeply to Qara before Yarut could speak up, "Ide-san here had only just arrived a moment ago. And this, of course, is Moto-san."

Moto Yarut sat up in her cot as best she could with a grunt, bowing her head. "So, she really did invite an Ide and an Iuchi here. I wondered if it was just this girl'sactive imagination. I am Yarut, of the desert Moto, daughter of Moto Isul and Moto Kenchek. Which of you is which then?"

For her part Sora stood a little to the side, at the fireplace, putting a kettle of water on to boil, listening.
"I am al-Hazaad Qara, formerly of the Iuchi Moto-san." She titled a head in curiosity. "You are her champion then. Well met." She moved closer to observe. "How are you feeling?"
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Tue May 24, 2022 11:23 am

"Ide Rettousei" comes the reply.

His eyes flicker over to al-Hazad.

Iuchi Qara, he thinks. Where've I heard that name?
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous

"I'm confused."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 1:30 pm

Yarut grunts softly, "Awful. Miss Menjari here takes care of the little things, but..." the two other Unicorn see her hand curl up into a fist, "These blasted 'doctors' tell me I'll never be able to walk again, or ride a horse. And my shots barely even inconvenienced that blasted demon woman!"

For her part Sora kept watch over the teapot, but she was cautiously optimistic; This was the most animated she'd seen Yarut since that time the Palace physicians had visited.
Influence:

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Tue May 24, 2022 2:00 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 1:30 pm
Yarut grunts softly, "Awful. Miss Menjari here takes care of the little things, but..." the two other Unicorn see her hand curl up into a fist, "These blasted 'doctors' tell me I'll never be able to walk again, or ride a horse. And my shots barely even inconvenienced that blasted demon woman!"

For her part Sora kept watch over the teapot, but she was cautiously optimistic; This was the most animated she'd seen Yarut since that time the Palace physicians had visited.
Qara moved closer to sit next to the woman. "May I? They may say you can't walk again, but have you been looked at by a priest, or a sahir at least? Or just these barbaric surgeons?" She reached out towards the Moto woman, and if allowed, touched her leg. "I also brought with me a bottle of kumis, if that might alleviate your suffering a bit."

She let out a small sigh. "Why though. Sayyeda Menjari told me you didn't ask for money. Why did you do it then?"