(Cat's Tail EE) Coffee saves us from the dark

Bazir

Re: (Cat's Tail EE) Coffee saves us from the dark

Post by Bazir » Tue May 24, 2022 8:34 pm

''Yes, the Maze is far more vulnerable then the other districts because few care for the downtrodden'' he had to agreed ''Yet no district is quite safe.''

He raised a hand

''Like I said...I'll ask around delicately. None will link this to you or your friend from my actions''
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 8:37 pm

Sora nodded, trustingly. She knew people who knew this person, and he seemed kind to her, so why wouldn't she trust him?

"Very well, sidi Bazir. I will hold you to that. And... thank you, for listening. And not laughing at me or taking advantage of my being unsure of myself. I can be a rare set of traits to find in someone, I've found."

She sounded a bit relieved, but also weary. Like a weight was off her shoulders, but the effects of it were still there.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Tue May 24, 2022 9:13 pm

Bazir simply nodded

''If you wish not to remain alone I can remain here to talk for a while. If you wish to have your peace then you can remain here for as long as needed: the Cat's Tail will not close tonight.''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 9:47 pm

"I have somewhere to be in an hour, actually. So I shan't be too long. Well, relatively. Fortunately where I'm going isn't too far away, less than half way between here and the gates to the Palace, in almost a straight line but a bit towards the river. And it isn't as if you don't have plenty of customers; I kind of like the ambiance. Especially compared to home."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Tue May 24, 2022 10:44 pm

''Hmm'' he seemed pensive ''I will have to check on some people in an hour or so as well. If you do not mind I can accompany you part of the way. One must not travel alone at night''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 11:00 pm

She tilted her head to the side a little, looking up at him, "It's not that late yet though, it is? I suppose it is one of the shortest days of the year; Lady Sun did sink below the horizon almost an hour ago now... But it would still be a bit early for sleep or such."
Influence:

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Wed May 25, 2022 12:41 am

''I sleep in daytime during the festival sayyeda.'' he sighed ''One cannot be too careful. Perhaps it is merely my paranoia but still...I have to leave for an hour or two to check on some folks in the city who might need a landing hand.''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 25, 2022 1:47 am

Her eyebrows went up a little, "Cafe owner, information broker, and savior of the people now?"

She kept looking at Bazir as she took another sip.
Influence:

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Wed May 25, 2022 9:40 am

He shook his head in protest

''No, no. I am just a member of the community. I have been helped when I needed it most in the past and I just want to do the same to others''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 25, 2022 3:12 pm

"Is that not the same thing? I suppose I just never get to do that sort of thing. Who am I going to help, the Palace guards? ...not that I even see guards about the Palace, oddly..."

She gave a small shrug before taking another petite sip of coffee.
Influence: