(Cat's Tail EE) Coffee saves us from the dark

Bazir

Re: (Cat's Tail EE) Coffee saves us from the dark

Post by Bazir » Tue May 24, 2022 3:49 pm

Bazir gives the woman a solemn nod

''If it feels better perhaps you may wish to use a pseudonym for her? If her identity is unknown then her privacy should be protected as nothing here could be linked back to her true identity, yes?''
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 3:54 pm

Sora brightened up at the idea, "Ah, a good point, sidi. I had not thought of that. Well, I guess just begin from the start then; I was out sleeping with a girlfriend of mine, but when I woke up in the morning, I found myself drowning in her bed. I managed to cough it up, but there was something big and long and wet coming out of her that seemed to want to be in my mouth."

She frowned slightly.

"I think it was trying to kill me."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Tue May 24, 2022 4:11 pm

He did not expect that

In his line of business he would hear odd things for certain but never quite like this one...

''Hmm'' he focused his thoughts ''If you are able sayyeda, can you describe the thing in greater details? How do you figure it was coming out of her?''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 4:21 pm

"Honestly, it didn't HAVE much detail."

She frowned and a visible shiver went up her.

"It was like... a worm, or a viper. Maybe a meter long, made entirely of water. It had no features, just a long tube for a body, with it's one end rounded off and the other coming out of my friend's belly. It was definitely water, but it was darkish and greenish, and it smelled of a garden after the rain."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Tue May 24, 2022 4:30 pm

Bazir's brow furrowed

''I see...and out of her belly?''

He leaned back, thinking

''So...a body of unclean water in the shape of a tendril came out of your friend's belly when you were both sleeping and tried to drown you?'' he paused stroking his beard ''I now understand your concern sayyeda...this is ominous indeed. How is your friend after this event? Is she hurt?''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 4:39 pm

"Mentally, yes. She woke up with my struggles, but she told me she was totally unable to move or speak until whatever it was disappeared. It tried following me when I ran away, and dissipated when it stretched out too far and lost contact with her; Then she was able to move again."
Influence:

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Tue May 24, 2022 6:53 pm

''I see'' he repeated, concerned ''I have many friends both in the city and amongst the Ra'Shari sayyeda...I will discreetly ask about this condition. You have my word.''

With those words issued a ring came

''Ha! Coffee is here''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 7:06 pm

Sora took the coffee gratefully as the little cup was slid in front of her. She usually didn't like bitter coffee, but at the moment, this really hit the spot just as it was.

"If... you think you can. That doesn't seem like the sort of happening one can be very discrete in asking about. It stands out, in my eyes."
Influence:

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Tue May 24, 2022 8:22 pm

Bazir sighed

''You would be surprised sayyeda. Perhaps it is not the case in the well guarded enclaves of your family but here, in the rest of the city, we grow up hearing about people disappearing and the state they are sometimes found...some are friends, some are family. We learn to be wary of the night and keep clear of the sewers. What you described is a first, I will grant you that, but people who do not know will not want to know and keep silent.''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 8:27 pm

"Mmmm... you mean like the tales of the Maze? I take it then perhaps not all of those are tall tales..."

She sipped some more coffee; Normally she would be excited to hear rumors and stories. But with the day as it was and the time and such, exciting wasn't so much the word.
Influence: