(Cat's Tail EE) Coffee saves us from the dark

Bazir

Re: (Cat's Tail EE) Coffee saves us from the dark

Post by Bazir » Mon May 23, 2022 11:12 pm

Bazir frowned, puzzled

''As something happened sayyeda?'' he lowered his voice ''What is this about curses and nightmares?''
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 11:21 pm

"Mmmm... Nothing I wish to talk about, really. I feel like doing so would only make things worse."

She sighed and tucked her legs to one side, "Unless you happen to know much about such things as those, sidi."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Mon May 23, 2022 11:25 pm

He tried to smile reassuringly

''I am but a humble coffee merchant but I have many friends, some quite knowledgeable in fact. You would be surprised by the wisdom of the common folk sayyeda Al-Menjari. I will not pressure you but if you wish to speak I will listen and see if I can be of any help.''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 3:01 am

"Well... if you have time to sit and talk... but do you not have a business to run?"

She looked curiously up at him from her seat.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Tue May 24, 2022 9:52 am

''I do but I am not alone running it and, as I see it, helping my customers is part of my business sayyeda. One cannot enjoy food and drink with a troubled mind, no?''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 11:23 am

That got a soft smile, "Then I've no objections certainly; If you joining me is simply doing your duty... I suppose I can tell you a bit, after all."
Influence:

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Tue May 24, 2022 2:08 pm

Bazir put a hand on his heart ''I swear my motives are honest sayyeda for in nights like these we honest folk need to find solidarity with each other no matter our walk of life.''

He turned to close the drapes over the alcove entrance, catching one of his waiters as he did so to pass along the order.

''No one else will be privy to sayyeda's trouble now'' he now took a seat opposite to hers.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 2:12 pm

"This isn't just to have me to yourself?"

It was a joking question, to be sure. Or st least half joking, with Sora's past in mind.
Influence:

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Tue May 24, 2022 2:18 pm

Bazir chuckled

''No sayyeda, it is not. I can reopen them if you wish but in my experience the sharing of...'' he weighted his words ''...difficult experiences is easier without a crowd.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 3:18 pm

She shook her head and smiled, "And I agree. This really is much better. It is my habit to ask when I find myself alone with a man though..."

Soraya fidgeted with a napkin on the table a long, heavy moment before speaking up again, "Frankly though, I am unsure where to begin. It happened so fast, and I feel like I may be violating my good friend's privacy by going too in depth."
Influence: