(Cat's Tail EE) Coffee saves us from the dark

Bazir

(Cat's Tail EE) Coffee saves us from the dark

Post by Bazir » Mon May 23, 2022 7:53 pm

The fast was over for the pious and the rest. Some of either these groups, those in the know, were getting ready for the real trials of the day.

Surviving the longest nights of the year

The Cat's Tail was getting busy with people who did not wish to stay home alone, preferring the company of other, the coffee on their lips and well reinforced doors.

The owner was working as hard as anyone on his staff and catered to his guests with a reassuring smile
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: (Cat's Tail EE) Coffee saves us from the dark

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 8:44 pm

Sora needed coffee before heading back to the palace: She did not want to sleep, not yet at least. No, the morning was still too fresh on her mind. And as much as Majdala may or may not be a comfort to her... she considered it unlikely. So staying up a bit it was.

She remembered Ali had once recommended her a coffee shop not too far from his place, and fortunately she remembered the directions. It was... quaint, but she did not mind that. Though it did make her wish she'd dressed in something more plain, her black and red palace clothes standing out compared to most here.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Mon May 23, 2022 8:58 pm

Bazir brought a new round of merguez couscous to a man and woman in their twenties, clearly a couple, with a children between them. They hid their worry well enough from the young boy, the Cat's atmosphere easing the tension. Once they were settled for dinner the owner took note of the new arrival.

''Welcome to the Cat's Tail...'' He tilted his head ''Forgive me my curiosity but do I know you sayyada? Your visage is familiar.''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 9:14 pm

"I..."

She thought a moment.

"...I see many people about the city. Were you not at the party held at the end of the Fest of Arrows, perhaps?"

Still, though she does recall the man's face, a name and such escape her.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Mon May 23, 2022 9:17 pm

''The Feast of Arrows, yes!'' he confirmed with a smile ''I do believe we met by the river along with a young senpet diplomat? Forgive me for I seem to have forgotten your name Sayyeda''

He inclined his head

''I am Bazir Ibn Abdullah. It is a pleasure to meet you again...did you fare well in the tournament?''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 9:31 pm

"I am Soraya."

She'd learned she didn't always want to announce her house in certain parts of town, but the cat would be out of the proverbial bag with the next part.

"Soraya al-Menjari that is. And you could say that; My archer won the tournament held at the festival. Though she was grievously injured in return."
Influence:

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Mon May 23, 2022 9:40 pm

If there was any reaction to the mention of the al-Menjari name none could be detected. While this could be odd the mention of the archer's wounds seemed to inspire some sympathy, however.

''I do wish your champion a fast recovery.'' he said inclining his head ''It is a blessing in itself that she survived the...final tests''

Following that he cleared his throat, hoping to change the subject.

''What can the Cat's Tail do for you sayyeda? Drink, shisha and food or only one of those?''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 10:01 pm

"Coffee; The strongest, darkest, hottest coffee you have please."

She looked around for a seat.

"I do not wish to sleep tonight, at least not too early..."
Influence:

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Mon May 23, 2022 10:21 pm

Bazir's demeanor grows more serious as she makes her wishes know and he gives her a nod, likely misunderstanding the nature of her fear.

''You will be safe here sayyeda: the walls are thick, the doors are strong and the people are stronger together then alone.'' he motioned to the people gathered in the café

''Like you these people do not wish to sleep tonight and I am sure we can all entertain each other until dawn comes. Please take an alcove here...I will get you our strongest brew along with some loukoums.''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 10:28 pm

She looked at him appreciatively as she took a seat, but she shook her head, "Walls and people cannot protect against nightmares I'm afraid. Or curses. But then again, one cannot fully avoid sleep either, no? This is more for my piece of mind than anything."
Influence: