[D2 EE Thoroughfare] Food fast approaching

Qara al-Hazaad

Re: [D2 EE Thoroughfare] Food fast approaching

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Tue May 24, 2022 5:53 am

"I'll trust in your judgment, Sidi Basiri for now. You'll be my guide on this culinary adventure today." She smiled widely as she observed his mannerisms.

"Ha! I can certainly understand that. Say, do the Dahabi have something like a nakodo here? It's a person who's duty is to find and arrange marriable couples with good qualities, taking into account...a great many things, I believe." Her eyes searched for his gaze in curiosity. "I am sure you receive many, many offers then. A businessman, I presume?"
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue May 24, 2022 10:09 am

She wouldnhave no trouble finding his gaze as his dark eyes were more than eager to meet hers and a bit if life danced in them when they did "Matchmakers exist. Not every family uses them but some do especially when the marriages are of importance, alliances, transactions, that sort of thing." He explained casually

"As for me I have never visited one nor sought their council. You have the right of it, I am a business man. I own a shop in the merchant district Light and Shadow Luxuries but this only occupies part of my time. I am truly an adventurer at heart you see." He said with the kind of smile you give someone to make them feel as it a secret is being shared among friends.

"I don't just stay in my shop and count my copper, much as there is to count, or balance books. I go out on expeditions, caravan, I've raided tombs and visited cities from the Ivory tower to the emerald empire."

He took a breath and chuckled "I am sorry, I was getting a little worked up." He said in a tone of light admonishing "i just, settling down doesn't interest me just yet, there feels like too much to do, too many things to see and family complicates that."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Tue May 24, 2022 1:58 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 10:09 am
She wouldnhave no trouble finding his gaze as his dark eyes were more than eager to meet hers and a bit if life danced in them when they did "Matchmakers exist. Not every family uses them but some do especially when the marriages are of importance, alliances, transactions, that sort of thing." He explained casually

"As for me I have never visited one nor sought their council. You have the right of it, I am a business man. I own a shop in the merchant district Light and Shadow Luxuries but this only occupies part of my time. I am truly an adventurer at heart you see." He said with the kind of smile you give someone to make them feel as it a secret is being shared among friends.

"I don't just stay in my shop and count my copper, much as there is to count, or balance books. I go out on expeditions, caravan, I've raided tombs and visited cities from the Ivory tower to the emerald empire."

He took a breath and chuckled "I am sorry, I was getting a little worked up." He said in a tone of light admonishing "i just, settling down doesn't interest me just yet, there feels like too much to do, too many things to see and family complicates that."
Qara smiled, observing his gaze. Getting used to looking people in the eye took some time, but now it felt natural. "Ah, I see. Not yet ready to settle down with a rich and beautiful wife, then?" She took a bite of hte shwarma, and let out a small groan of satisfaction. "This is quite delicious!"

"Oh my, an adventurer? How exciting! What city of Rokugan have you visited sidi, now you piqued my interest?"

She took another bite of the divine lamb, smiling. "I can see the logic, though I must say, one is not forced to actually settle down with marriage. You can think of it as your next big adventure? With the right partner, that is. After all, my life has not ended in joining my lovely husband. The opposite, in fact, a sea of options and voyages opened up to me as a Hazaad now."
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue May 24, 2022 7:25 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 1:58 pm
Snip
Qasim's smile grew a fraction "Quite Frankly Sayyeda Hazaad I already am making more money than I know what to do with so my future wife need not be rich and while I certainly appreciate beauty there are things I value more in a life partner." He said before taking a bite of his own food. His reaction was more subtle but he clearly enjoyed it.

Swallowing he looked to her, "Well Rokugan is a difficult nut to Crack I admit your people apparently have some law against gaijin entering the Empire proper so the closest I've gotten there is Khanbulak. I stayed there a fortnight a few years back trading among the stalls in the great market and partying the night away in the great tent city." His voice dropped conspiratorially "I may have snuck across the border for a few hours to see what was on the side of the city that was technically in the Empire. But that's a little secret that stay between us yes?" He said with a wink
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Tue May 24, 2022 9:54 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:25 pm

Qasim's smile grew a fraction "Quite Frankly Sayyeda Hazaad I already am making more money than I know what to do with so my future wife need not be rich and while I certainly appreciate beauty there are things I value more in a life partner." He said before taking a bite of his own food. His reaction was more subtle but he clearly enjoyed it.

Swallowing he looked to her, "Well Rokugan is a difficult nut to Crack I admit your people apparently have some law against gaijin entering the Empire proper so the closest I've gotten there is Khanbulak. I stayed there a fortnight a few years back trading among the stalls in the great market and partying the night away in the great tent city." His voice dropped conspiratorially "I may have snuck across the border for a few hours to see what was on the side of the city that was technically in the Empire. But that's a little secret that stay between us yes?" He said with a wink
"Oh my, what a tragedy." She chuckled and took another savory bite of the delicious food. "Sounds like quite the tale. I passed throug Khanbulak on my way here, and the surrounding tent city." She smirked at the thought. "Quite the rowdy place, though I am sure you fit in well there." She leaned in close. "Tell me sidi then, what is it that you value in a life partner?"

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue May 24, 2022 10:07 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 9:54 pm
"Oh my, what a tragedy." She chuckled and took another savory bite of the delicious food. "Sounds like quite the tale. I passed throug Khanbulak on my way here, and the surrounding tent city." She smirked at the thought. "Quite the rowdy place, though I am sure you fit in well there." She leaned in close. "Tell me sidi then, what is it that you value in a life partner?"
Qasim raised a questioning eyebrow at her as he finished chewing another bite "Now Sayyeda are you saying you take me for the rowdy sort? I'm not sure if I should feel flattered or offended." The voice was a bit amused

They swirled water in a cup for a moment "But as to a partner well someone open minded is tantamount, I have a hard time with people who are set in their ways. Adventurous is a big plus as well, someone who would enjoy coming with me on an excursion. A good sense of humor is nice. I'm sure I could go on but it comes down to someone fun and spontaneous with a desire to really live and grow together."

"And what of you Sayyeda? I know you are recently married but does your new husband match the man you thought you would be with?"

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Wed May 25, 2022 9:32 am

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 10:07 pm

Qasim raised a questioning eyebrow at her as he finished chewing another bite "Now Sayyeda are you saying you take me for the rowdy sort? I'm not sure if I should feel flattered or offended." The voice was a bit amused

They swirled water in a cup for a moment "But as to a partner well someone open minded is tantamount, I have a hard time with people who are set in their ways. Adventurous is a big plus as well, someone who would enjoy coming with me on an excursion. A good sense of humor is nice. I'm sure I could go on but it comes down to someone fun and spontaneous with a desire to really live and grow together."

"And what of you Sayyeda? I know you are recently married but does your new husband match the man you thought you would be with?"
"Oh, I can see you enjoying being rowdy sidi, but not necessarily being rowdy." She smiled. She tilted her head. "Ah, I see. Someone to join you in your adventures, away from the city. Your business can handle itself, I presume, so what you are looking for is..companionship, I guess?"

She blushed at the question, and took a bite to eat. "Well, my husband, you see, he is a wonderful man. We share a love of learning, of wonder, and fascination with the Seal's sorcery, in a way. He is also young, but from a good line I would say." She smiled. "He taught me how to call upon the Jinn first."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed May 25, 2022 1:12 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 9:32 am
"Oh, I can see you enjoying being rowdy sidi, but not necessarily being rowdy." She smiled. She tilted her head. "Ah, I see. Someone to join you in your adventures, away from the city. Your business can handle itself, I presume, so what you are looking for is..companionship, I guess?"

She blushed at the question, and took a bite to eat. "Well, my husband, you see, he is a wonderful man. We share a love of learning, of wonder, and fascination with the Seal's sorcery, in a way. He is also young, but from a good line I would say." She smiled. "He taught me how to call upon the Jinn first."
The smile he gave her was a mischievous one "Well I suppose rowdy can be fun in appropriate measure. But yes companionship is I guess what I seek, a life partner, not just a political move or trophy to be displayed." He said scooping a bit of the hearty, spiced, grains from the bowl of Tabbouleh and taking a bite nodding.

He gave her another more genuine smile "It seems you have gotten luckier than many who marry for duty. Though from my brief experience it is your husband who is luckier still." He said adding a bit of charm to the words effortlessly

"I admit I've always been fascinated by magic but it was something I had no talent for unfortunately. Did you practice Rokugani magic before joining Hazaad? I imagine if you did it would have been a selling point in the negotiations for that particular house."

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Wed May 25, 2022 8:48 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:12 pm

The smile he gave her was a mischievous one "Well I suppose rowdy can be fun in appropriate measure. But yes companionship is I guess what I seek, a life partner, not just a political move or trophy to be displayed." He said scooping a bit of the hearty, spiced, grains from the bowl of Tabbouleh and taking a bite nodding.

He gave her another more genuine smile "It seems you have gotten luckier than many who marry for duty. Though from my brief experience it is your husband who is luckier still." He said adding a bit of charm to the words effortlessly

"I admit I've always been fascinated by magic but it was something I had no talent for unfortunately. Did you practice Rokugani magic before joining Hazaad? I imagine if you did it would have been a selling point in the negotiations for that particular house."
"A life partner, a rowdy companion in mischief, then?" She smirked. "Well, what can I say? It is certainly a magical experience." She seemed proud of her bad joke. "Hai, I mean, yes. I am, was, in a way, a priestess of the elemental kami and the Heavenly Fortunes."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed May 25, 2022 9:10 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:48 pm
"A life partner, a rowdy companion in mischief, then?" She smirked. "Well, what can I say? It is certainly a magical experience." She seemed proud of her bad joke. "Hai, I mean, yes. I am, was, in a way, a priestess of the elemental kami and the Heavenly Fortunes."
Qasim smirked "Hard not to be a little jealous of one who can not only call upon one source of magic but two. A rare individual, you would have for in well with the Qabal, when they were allowed in the city that is."

He paused a moment thinking "You said you had a love of learning yes? Perhaps when I next schedule an excursion to ruins you would like to come with? Having someone with ability to do magic and is a learned person would likely be a great boon."