[D2 EE Thoroughfare] Food fast approaching

Qara al-Hazaad

[D2 EE Thoroughfare] Food fast approaching

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Mon May 23, 2022 9:04 am

Qara decided that enough is enough, she's not even a Shilah-believer, she had her own Sun deity, and food was here!

She walked around, deciding what to sample. Something new, and exotic? Something familiar maybe?

Her Jinn was floating around with a bored expression on its face.
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Qasim al-Basiri

Re: [D2 EE Thoroughfare] Food fast approaching

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 23, 2022 9:17 am

Qasim was also wandering the thoroughfare this evening looking for some food, while they were not really so strict an adherent to the festival customs they had appearances to keep up and this would be the hour people would be searching for food.

The Dahabi Merchant stopped short seeing the woman and her jinn wandering the streets. He was no stranger to seeing a jinn but most did not travel with them so openly and the woman did not have the look of a local about her. Curiosity had lured him in.

Qasim approached her with a bow "Good evening sayyeda it is a wonderful night for celebrating the gifts of the lady sun is it not?"
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Mon May 23, 2022 9:57 am

Qara saw the approaching handsome merchant, and bowed to them. Damn custom.

"Greetings Sidi, the Sun's blessings upon you. Qara al-Hazaad, well met." She smiled and glanced around. The Jinn seemed to keep a wary vigilance and a watchful vision. "I was hoping to break the fast in celebration, but find myself spoiled for choices. I am still new to the city, so I keep being amazed every day at its wonders, some of it culinary, some of it less so."
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 23, 2022 4:54 pm

Qasim smiled "Ah! A recent addition to the House of Hazaad, I could have guessed with your imposing friend her." He said motioning to the Jinn "you make quiet the statement strolling about with such a powerful creature." He said with an amused smile.

"Come I will break the fast with you, my treat as a welcome to the city." He said with warm tones and smile as he turned not waiting for her answer

"have you had shwarma?" He asked assuming she would fall in step with him.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Mon May 23, 2022 6:11 pm

"Oh, how friendly! And thank you.!" She waved towards the jinn. "These recent rumors of...ghuls, is quite disconcerting, to be honest. So I'd rather have some extra magical protection, if allowed." She smiled and followed the man.

"Oh no, not yet. What is shwarma?"

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 23, 2022 6:26 pm

Qasim walked purposefully but not fast his tone easy and open as they spoke "Shwarma is probably one of the most popular dishes around. It is meat, usually lamb or goat seasoned to perfection and wrapped with vegetables, hummus, all manner of things. It really is one of the flavors of the city." He commented as they found a restaurant, it was rather busy what with all the others looking to also put an end to their hunger.

Qasim walked to a worker and slipped them some coins and motioned for Qara to follow as they were taken to a more private section "Ah thats better, less noise, comfier cushions a good place to break fast." He sat and motioned for her to join him "Come, please."

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Mon May 23, 2022 6:54 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:26 pm
Qasim walked purposefully but not fast his tone easy and open as they spoke "Shwarma is probably one of the most popular dishes around. It is meat, usually lamb or goat seasoned to perfection and wrapped with vegetables, hummus, all manner of things. It really is one of the flavors of the city." He commented as they found a restaurant, it was rather busy what with all the others looking to also put an end to their hunger.

Qasim walked to a worker and slipped them some coins and motioned for Qara to follow as they were taken to a more private section "Ah thats better, less noise, comfier cushions a good place to break fast." He sat and motioned for her to join him "Come, please."
Qara followed with interest. "Oh, I have not had much lamb since I arrived. Goat is something more familiar." She sat in front of him. "A native of the city, Sidi Basiri? Born and raised?"

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 23, 2022 10:08 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:54 pm
Qara followed with interest. "Oh, I have not had much lamb since I arrived. Goat is something more familiar." She sat in front of him. "A native of the city, Sidi Basiri? Born and raised?"
Qasim nodded "Yes birthed right over in the houses of the Dahab, fourth son, fifth child overall in my family. What of you Sayedda Hazaad? Where do you come from and how did we get so lucky to add your shining beauty to the Jewel?"

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Mon May 23, 2022 10:11 pm

Qara giggled. "I'm from the Emerald Empire, actually." She waved towards wat she perceived was the East. "Rokugan. Born among the Unicorn, Iuchi to be exaxt. Came here as my Lord bid it." Mostly. "When there was talk of improving the alliance between the Houses of Dahab and my clan, I and my husband of a Hazaad were selected, and we were wed! The ceremony was beautiful. Not without its share of awkwardness, but beautiful nonetheless. and you, Sidi Basir? Married? Enganged?"

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 23, 2022 11:10 pm

"From the Emerald Empire you say? Well that explains your exotic, and may I say captivating, appearance." it seemed this Dahabi was a natural flirt but he seemed sincere in his compliments. "but a a beautiful bride deserves a beautiful ceremony, it sounds like a pleasant arrangement."

At her question he shook his head "No not yet though if you were to ask my mother she'd say I was already an old bachelor. She thinks I'm squandering my success by not accepting any offers." Qasim seemed unperturbed by the situation

A servant came and delivered them water and asked if there was anything else they wanted "Yes please we need two shawarma both lamb, and sides of Fattoush, Tabouleh, and Grilled halloumi." he said confidently and looking to her "anything else you might want to try? We have a decent selection there." he said charmingly with a smile to match