Day 2, LA, Oasis - Break Time (open)

Cassim

Re: Day 2, LA, Oasis - Break Time (open)

Post by Cassim » Wed May 25, 2022 11:30 pm

Cassim guffaws. "With respect Lady Soraya, I think that the dress will flatter you more than it will me. And again, your kindness is overwhelming"

It was easy to hate the idea of this woman: someone so wealthy that they could carry three trunks of clothes to an oasis and not bat an eye at the obvious wealth. But there was just something wholesome and unpretentious about the way she treated the luxury that made it damn hard to hate the person.

Cassim looks down at the water and internally shrugs.

I suppose fair is fair and I owe her one.

Cassim steps out of the water and begins to step over to the outstretched offer of the garment.
Mekhem | Diplomat of a sort | Wealthy (how?) | The (in)Famous Desert Fox (winks at the lady) | Soft Touch
Influence: City 1 / Origin 1 / Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 0 / Infamous 1.0 Integrity: *laughs*
Languages: Mekhem, Rokugani
Carries: Sling (disguised), knife, odd belt (rope and grappling hook), currently dressed in tattered clothes

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 26, 2022 3:29 pm

The robe ends up fitting surprisingly well, coming down to just below Cassim's knees and not really snug anywhere else apart from the sleeves being short. Sora looks at Q as C gets dressed, "I do indeed. Or at least when I'm taking a mini-vacation like this."

She looked back at C and smiled, "See? Hopefully it doesn't feel too bad either. It's Yodotai in origin, and it's always been a bit loose and flowy on me, so I suspect it shouldn't give you too much trouble."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Cassim

Post by Cassim » Thu May 26, 2022 4:01 pm

Cassim does a quick spin. "How do I look?"

By the prophet, I think a bolt of cloth of this would cost more than some people spend on food for a year!

There was no time to think about that now. There was a pretty lady to impress.
Mekhem | Diplomat of a sort | Wealthy (how?) | The (in)Famous Desert Fox (winks at the lady) | Soft Touch
Influence: City 1 / Origin 1 / Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 0 / Infamous 1.0 Integrity: *laughs*
Carries: Sling (disguised), knife, odd belt (rope and grappling hook), currently dressed in tattered clothes

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu May 26, 2022 7:09 pm

Qasim had ginished picking up the fallen chest and putting the towels away again brushing his hands clean he walked up behind Soraya and nodded "seems like a decent fit, she usually swims in it so makes sense it would work for someone a little bigger."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 26, 2022 7:26 pm

Sora nodded happily, "Yes yes, definitely. I will say though, I didn't bring anything to wash clothes, so I'm not sure what you want to do with what you were wearing."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Cassim

Post by Cassim » Thu May 26, 2022 8:52 pm

"Water will work for now Sidi. I have them drying, and will obtain new clothes when I arrive in the city "

He looks over the pair. "The only question is to how to occupy myself until they are ready to wear again"

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu May 26, 2022 8:57 pm

Qasim smiled brightly showing white teeth contrasting his browned skin removing his pants and hanging them up he was clad only in linen underwear as he moved to the waters "Well I have no objection to you joining us in enjoying this natural bounty of beauty." He said as he began to wade into the waters of the oasis."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 26, 2022 9:19 pm

Sora put her hands on her hips, shaking her head, "As for me, I don't feel like swimming, forgive me. Well, maybe than dipping my feet in. I'm kind of put off of swimming for the moment..."

As she'd been talking with them she'd been looking over the two men appreciatively, though mostly Q, being more her age of course.
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu May 26, 2022 9:38 pm

Qasim would grin at her catching her gaze knowing how her mind worked as he waded only waist deep in for now but floating a little "Well I'm certain we can find a way to relax that would be agreeable for everyone." He said cooling off from the trip in

Cassim

Post by Cassim » Sun May 29, 2022 12:24 am

Cassim nods. "I am alright with a group activity"