Day 2, LA, Oasis - Break Time (open)

Cassim

Re: Day 2, LA, Oasis - Break Time (open)

Post by Cassim » Wed May 25, 2022 8:48 pm

Cassim bow as Soraya steps away, though not too low as to be unable to watch her back as she steps into the tent.

A man needs to have priorities after all.
Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:15 pm

With Soraya gone Qasim approached the other man his presence shifting a little "I know a ruffian when I see one, Sayyeda Menjari is a trusting sort, I don't share that trait." He said flatly

"I am not a violent man but make no mistake if you plan to harm her or steal from her I will see you dead." There wasn't anger or aggression in the words nor were they even meant to be intimidating, he said it simply as a statement of fact.

He then smiled to Cassim and clapped him on the shoulder "and with that taken care of let's have a lovely afternoon."
"Does that mean that you are revoking your offer of a camel ride back to town?" Cassim deadpans, unable to resist a tug of a smile at his cheek. "Rest assured young man, that I intend no harm to the young lady, and no not plan to take anything that she does not freely offer to me. And if you must question my character, then please consider basic self interest: even the most foolish of ruffian would see that stealing from a rich, unattached and beautiful Dahabi lady would rouse a fury that would shake the foundation of their lives. Even moreso to actually harm one. No, I suspect she is in far more in danger from House politics than one down on his luck Mekhem businessman could bring."

Cassim continues to disrobe, wading into the water and beginning to wash out his tattered clothing.
Mekhem | Diplomat of a sort | Wealthy (how?) | The (in)Famous Desert Fox (winks at the lady) | Soft Touch
Influence: City 1 / Origin 1 / Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 0 / Infamous 1.0 Integrity: *laughs*
Languages: Mekhem, Rokugani
Carries: Sling (disguised), knife, odd belt (rope and grappling hook), currently dressed in tattered clothes

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed May 25, 2022 9:05 pm

Qasim seemed to be in nothing but good spirits now "certainly not, my offer was sincere. We are far from the city, the offer for the ride still stands. I simply needed to make the situation clear, I care fiercely for those that are important to me." He finished still smiling.

He began to remove his own clothes starting with that fully covering outer layer and folding it neatly into a pack his body was likewise tanned and while mostly unblemished did have a small handful of scars "The water looks fantastic today though."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 25, 2022 9:10 pm

There were some small bangings like trunks being moved around, and a sound of a startled camel from the direction of the tent, and the distant but unmistakable voice of Soraya, "Well I'm SORRY Mixi. Maybe if you didn't have such big feet..."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed May 25, 2022 9:16 pm

Qasim sighed "pardon me Cassim it seems we have a damsel in distress. I'd better make sure she doesn't get crushed by a trunk." He said before following Soraya's trail and seeing if she had already perished beneath the weight of her preparations.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Cassim

Post by Cassim » Wed May 25, 2022 9:24 pm

"As I said" Cassim lifts his rags out of the water and wrings them out. "I intend to harm to Sidi Soraya"

Though I would take your last copper with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

Cassim lays out his clothes to dry and lies back in the water.
Mekhem | Diplomat of a sort | Wealthy (how?) | The (in)Famous Desert Fox (winks at the lady) | Soft Touch
Influence: City 1 / Origin 1 / Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 0 / Infamous 1.0 Integrity: *laughs*
Carries: Sling (disguised), knife, odd belt (rope and grappling hook), currently dressed in tattered clothes

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 25, 2022 10:37 pm

Inside the tent, Soraya was in a blue top and bottom, looking like a bikini or underwear. She was in the middle of dragging a trunk away from a camel tied to a tree, a smaller trunk upturned onto the sand the tent was set up on, a couple towels and hats strewn about. The princess seemed to be trying to get the heavier trunk out of the sand, where it was currently upside down.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed May 25, 2022 10:49 pm

Qasim stepped up quick to lend her a hand getting the heavy trunk out if the same "Sora if you needed some help you could have asked." He chided lightly

Cassim

Post by Cassim » Wed May 25, 2022 11:07 pm

"Oh, I did not expect you to bring a chest out Lady Soraya! You're already too kind " Cassim wades to the edge of the water, stopping at spot where the water still covered from the waist down. He motions at the path in front of him.

"I can head out whenever you feel safe"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 25, 2022 11:14 pm

"Oh, just a moment."

She looked up at Q and smiled, "Thank you; Getting those on is actually easier than getting them off, if you can believe it..."

Opening up the trunk there were a few things of clothes, including the outfit she'd worn there. It seemed the large trunk was just clothes in fact, while the smaller chest had been towels and a mirror and soap... bathing supplies. Sora squatted down on her feet and dug around a bit, though she seemed careful not to mess things up too much. She soon pulled out a robe of sorts, likely a sort of bath robe, "Maybe this?"

She looked up at Q then over at C; It was obviously made for someone of Soraya's height, though it looked like it was supposed to go down to her ankles. So there was every possibility it would still fit someone with a larger frame.

"Otherwise, I have a black dress in here, which might be a bit tight..."
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed May 25, 2022 11:26 pm

Having the trunk righted and various garments being pulled out Qasim shrugged "Seems like it'll work as good as anything." He said as he turned to the fallen trunk with strewn articles scattered about.

He knelt down picking up a few of the towels and other things before righting the trunk and depositing it. He dusted his hands off on his pants "you certainly come prepared for anything don't you."