Day 2, LA, Oasis - Break Time (open)

Qasim al-Basiri

Re: Day 2, LA, Oasis - Break Time (open)

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed May 25, 2022 6:01 pm

Qasim gave the man a friendly look over, one that Cassim might recognize. Outwardly friendly but a bit of distrust hiding in the eyes "Oh my such a harrowing tale, robbed and left in the desert to die. It's almost hard to believe." There was a pause "that such things still happen in today's world of course."

It seemed this one was not so quick to trust as the princess.

Qasim certainly had his suspicions "Well it must take quite the coward to accost a man on their own. Truly the scum of the desert living off the misfortune of others." He explained with Disdain "I'm afraid I have no spare clothes but the ones on my back but after we are done I'd be happy to carry you back to town on my camel here, it would do my heart good to see you home safe."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Cassim

Post by Cassim » Wed May 25, 2022 6:07 pm

"Sidi is too kind and generous. I would hate to offer such an imposition." Cassim offers his best dazzling smile. "With the chance to refresh myself, I am sure that I can make my way home safely from here. Though" he adopts a stage whisper to Qasim "I would hate to offend the lady were I to bathe here. Good sir, would I cause offense?"
Mekhem | Diplomat of a sort | Wealthy (how?) | The (in)Famous Desert Fox (winks at the lady) | Soft Touch
Influence: City 1 / Origin 1 / Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 0 / Infamous 1.0 Integrity: *laughs*
Languages: Mekhem, Rokugani
Carries: Sling (disguised), knife, odd belt (rope and grappling hook), currently dressed in tattered clothes

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 25, 2022 6:17 pm

Meanwhile Sora had sat up and busied herself in securing the towel about herself, the bottom coming to the tops of her thighs as she stood and adjusted it into place.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed May 25, 2022 6:30 pm

Qasim waved dismissively at the words "It would be no imposition at all, it is the least I can do especially during the festival of Shilah's Mercy. I insist." Qasim said returning a smile that matched Cassim's dazzle "If you don't allow me I will surely do nothing but worry."

He offered a shrug "I believe that is a matter best decided by the lady present." He turned to address Soraya "Sora dear would it offend you if our new friend here bathed in the oasis?"
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Cassim

Post by Cassim » Wed May 25, 2022 6:42 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:30 pm
Qasim waved dismissively at the words "It would be no imposition at all, it is the least I can do especially during the festival of Shilah's Mercy. I insist." Qasim said returning a smile that matched Cassim's dazzle "If you don't allow me I will surely do nothing but worry."
"Again, your kindness is overwhelming Sidi al-Basiri, but I do not know of any reason for you to worry. I have nothing left for them to take, and were you to bring me you might find a thief's attention on you as well."
He offered a shrug "I believe that is a matter best decided by the lady present." He turned to address Soraya "Sora dear would it offend you if our new friend here bathed in the oasis?"
Cassim looks over at the woman, who even with a towel covering some sensitive areas is still giving him quite an eyeful.
Mekhem | Diplomat of a sort | Wealthy (how?) | The (in)Famous Desert Fox (winks at the lady) | Soft Touch
Influence: City 1 / Origin 1 / Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 0 / Infamous 1.0 Integrity: *laughs*
Carries: Sling (disguised), knife, odd belt (rope and grappling hook), currently dressed in tattered clothes

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 25, 2022 7:09 pm

"Why would it? It's water, it's meant to be bathed in."

She looked over at Cassim with a smile, "If Sidi Basiri doesn't have any clothes, I could lend you some? I'm sure I could find something that would work, temporarily. At least until your own clothes are clean."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Cassim

Post by Cassim » Wed May 25, 2022 7:36 pm

"The Lady's kindness is extraordinary." Cassim bows. "And I realize that I have been extremely rude: I have not asked for your name, nor offered my own. I am known as Cassim." It was a slightly different pronunciation as her compatriot, that of lower born Mekhem.

And the promoting, Cassim begins to disrobe, revealing heavily tanned skin, and limbs crossed with sinew and repeatedly healed scars of size and variety that was too many to count.

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed May 25, 2022 7:47 pm

Qasim gave her a raised eyebrow "Soraya did you bring extra clothing with you?" He asked curiously wondering why she would have brought such a thing

Bowing to the man shallowly "Well met Si Cassim, I am Qasim al-Basiri and this enchanting creature is Soraya all Menjari. I wish we could meet under better circumstance." He eyed the man's body the roughness of it doing nothing to alleviate his suspicions

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 25, 2022 7:52 pm

Sora gave a little curtsy as she introduced before turning to Q, "I packed a trunk, yes. Just three outfits. I didn't want to count on what the weather would be like out here and if it turned on me. I'll go grab something."

She gave C a smile before lightly jogging across the sand to the white tent, hopping over some rocks and even saying an audible "hello" to a toad who she crossed paths with before disappearing inside the tent flap.
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed May 25, 2022 8:15 pm

Qasim smiled and shook his head lightly a warm chuckle coming under his breath as he watched her practically prance away.
Cassim wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:36 pm
Snip
With Soraya gone Qasim approached the other man his presence shifting a little "I know a ruffian when I see one, Sayyeda Menjari is a trusting sort, I don't share that trait." He said flatly

"I am not a violent man but make no mistake if you plan to harm her or steal from her I will see you dead." There wasn't anger or aggression in the words nor were they even meant to be intimidating, he said it simply as a statement of fact.

He then smiled to Cassim and clapped him on the shoulder "and with that taken care of let's have a lovely afternoon."