Day 2, LA, Oasis - Break Time (open)

Soraya al-Menjari

Day 2, LA, Oasis - Break Time (open)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 25, 2022 4:20 pm

Soraya may have moved out of her father's house, but technically he hadn't said she couldn't come back home. Nor use the family facilities. So it was that Sora had taken an hour camel ride outside of the city to a small oasis her family invested in; Technically it was public waters, but her family paid to have the area maintained, and hired goat herders and such who sometimes used it as a stop.

As for her, a relaxed Soraya currently was using it as a sunbathing spot, stretched out on a wood lounger chair she had packed with, wearing nothing but some smoked glass lenses to keep the sun out of her eyes. No one liked tan lines, after all.

Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Cassim

Re: Day 2, LA, Family Villa - Break Time

Post by Cassim » Wed May 25, 2022 4:29 pm

Cassim was a man who picked his targets with care. He had made it farther than many without losing a hand (or his neck). Caution was important in a job, and knowing when to slowly walk by, when to walk away and when to run was part of the job. So, in theory, an isolated Dahabi vacation home seemed to be an excellent place to do a bit of looking.

Well, it seemed that he was getting quite the eyeful.

This was supposed to be isolated!

Honed street instincts told him to run. Other instincts (ones that he internally cursed) kept him from doing so.
Mekhem | Diplomat of a sort | Wealthy (how?) | The (in)Famous Desert Fox (winks at the lady) | Soft Touch
Influence: City 1 / Origin 1 / Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 0 / Infamous 1.0 Integrity: *laughs*
Languages: Mekhem, Rokugani
Carries: Sling (disguised), knife, odd belt (rope and grappling hook), currently dressed in tattered clothes

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: Day 2, LA, Oasis - Break Time (open)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 25, 2022 4:48 pm

If the woman sunbathing had noticed anyone, she didn't indicate it. The tent that served as a villa waws closed up behind her amongst some palm trees, no guards apparent. It wasn't quite the "vacation home" a thief might hope for, but it WAS a pretty big tent.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Cassim

Post by Cassim » Wed May 25, 2022 4:56 pm

Well, the story of the "house" had turned out to be a bit of an oversell. It was not the first time that a thieves tale had been filled with a ready amount of horseshit. Of course, there was probably something worth stealing in it, but these kind of things were likely going to be distinctive, and if there was someone about then missing goods would likely cause more trouble than they were worth. After all, you couldn't spend money when you were dead.

And besides, there was treasure of another kind here.

Cassim heads to the water, casual as he can be dressed in rags and approaching a very blessed woman who had no issue with anyone bearing witness. he reaches his hand to the water and cups it, taking a gulp before waving to the woman, offering a smile.

"Good afternoon. I hope that I did not disturb your rest."
Mekhem | Diplomat of a sort | Wealthy (how?) | The (in)Famous Desert Fox (winks at the lady) | Soft Touch
Influence: City 1 / Origin 1 / Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 0 / Infamous 1.0 Integrity: *laughs*
Carries: Sling (disguised), knife, odd belt (rope and grappling hook), currently dressed in tattered clothes

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed May 25, 2022 4:58 pm

There were a few oasis in the area but fewer that were maintained and even fewer than that maintained to the standards Qasim enjoyed. The Basiri had one but he hated running into family and having to make small talk.

So for that reason he ended up at one of the ones he knew were maintained by the Menjari. His camel walked into the area at its usual ponderous pace and after so much time in the heat the merchant was more than ready for some time in the cool waters.

He tied his camel and began heading towards the main area seeing a couple figures talking he grew a little more chipper. Relaxation was always more fun with company
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 25, 2022 5:01 pm

"Hm..."

Soraya lifted her sunglasses from her eyes, looking at who was speaking. The man looked a little rough around the edges... or at least not a Dahabi noble.

"Oh, hello. Are you one of the local goat herders? Father had said you wouldn't be here today, but it you need to use the oasis, don't let me stop you."

She grabbed a towel from next to the lounger and casually covered herself as she sat up fully, looking around for goats but not yet spotting Qasim.
Influence:

Cassim

Post by Cassim » Wed May 25, 2022 5:07 pm

"Oh no." Cassim waves dismissively. "I am not a herder. It would seem that the bulk of my belongings are in the hands of an irredeemable rogue, with only what I could hide away for safekeeping recoverable. I had heard of this oasis, and it would seem that the Prophet has matched any ill from my wayward trip with a grace unmatched my dear lady." These things were all true, from a certain point of view, and with a smile and a devils-may-care attitude he hoped to sell it. "If indeed the waters are free to use, then I would rest awhile, and could ask of no better company"

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed May 25, 2022 5:32 pm

Perhaps not better but more company was certainly on the way. Qasim was dressed in a manner befitting someone of his station and profession, his white thaub was pure and clean only minimal dust residue from the trip tainted its snow white color.

Qasim drew closer to the pair talking and his eyes reflexively narrowed at the man in rags for a quick second before resuming a friendly light as usual. His second glance found Soraya a welcome and lovely sight covered in but a towel.

"Well met friend! and a pleasure as always to see you Sayyeda Menjari." Qasim said giving a bow of greeting to the pair "it seems I have chosen my relaxation spot quite well today."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 25, 2022 5:39 pm

She looked over at Qasim, who had arrived after Cassim had finished explaining his situation, "Ah, Sidi Basiri. What nice timing. It seems I've come across a gentleman here who was robbed and left in the desert, if I'm understanding correctly. Is there any chance you could take him to the tent I have set up and make sure he's okay? I would, but I'm not decent, and I'm sure there are things he would rather tell another man than someone such as myself."

Sora looked at Cassim with a smile, "You can trust Sidi Basiri here; He is a good man."
Influence:

Cassim

Post by Cassim » Wed May 25, 2022 5:52 pm

Well that certainly makes a complication.

"There is no particular need, good sir. Though I may have been ill of fortune, the Desert Fox was kind enough to leave me unmolested, if reduced to this state, and not with anything of value that I could not hide. At least, I think it was the Desert Fox. There are rumors of such a rogue in the markets of the Jewel."

Cassim looks over the new man appraisingly, likely another Dahabi. This was perhaps a different sort of investment he could make.

"Though if you have a spare set of clothes I could borrow Sidi Basari, I would kindly return them to you tomorrow at your home. I understand that they might not be the best fit."