Rude Awakenings? (D2, EM, Closed)

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: Rude Awakenings? (D2, EM, Closed)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 25, 2022 9:06 pm

Sora had set the sheets down while that was happening, and trotted over to help Raya after the yelp. The younger woman made sure the door was shut and went to grab some cups, her step slowing a tiny bit once it was clear Raya would be all right, "Someone I should have a word with perhaps then?"
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Raya

Post by Raya » Wed May 25, 2022 9:10 pm

"Only if you like scolding children who don't speak Mekhem."

Raya sighed, reaching up to the top shelf to bring down a very dark pot and putting it down before slipping her robe back off and tossing it to the side. There was a small red mark on the back of her right leg.

"I am certain he didn't mean it, but it still hurt. At least it is hot coffee yes? I've had coffee made with cold water and that is horrible! How do you like yours?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 25, 2022 9:13 pm

"Coffee? Mmmm... I usually have it with cream, and sugar. Warm but not scalding."

A very child friendly coffee.

"And I don't mind scolding anyone if they hurt my Raya. Accidental or not. I remember some of the risks you've taken, both on my behalf and not. And SOMEONE needs to look after you. Even if it's only me~"
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Raya

Post by Raya » Wed May 25, 2022 9:19 pm

"You want to look after me? I haven't had someone need to look after me for a while! I warn you, I am a handful."

Raya winked, then reached up again to collect a second pot. She added a small amount of coffee to each cup before missing in a very bright orange sticky looking liquid to the cup. Putting more in the one closer to Sora, then adding the water.

"No sugar or cream, however have you ever had Ivindi honey? It is very sweet and tones down the taste a lot. I can ask someone for cream though, I don't usually store it because I sit out by a fire and have coffee there but it is wet and I have company I would rather sit with now."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 25, 2022 11:09 pm

Sora scooted closer as she took the cup with honey added, "I have. One of those tastes my father got from my mother I think. So we almost always had Ivindi honey like this about the house."

She took a sip and closed her eyes a little, smiling softly, "...perfect."

The princess seemed to just bask in the taste a bit, leaving it in her mouth for a few seconds before swallowing. Her eyes opened and she looked at Raya, "Fortunately though, I'm used to handling handfuls; Babysitting and taking care of my pets and such. And while I'm sure you're more of a handful than a puppy, I'm also absolutely positive you're a better listener."
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu May 26, 2022 7:43 am

Raya smiled brightly.

"That is good! Much better than sugar for coffee I think, I would never choose sugar over honey. It is good you agree."

She wrapped one arm round Soras waist, the other picking up her own cup to sip the drink. There was a small chuckle though as Sora continued and she looked at the other woman with amusement.

"I can confirm that I am both of those things. Ra'Shari are infamous troublemakers after all yes? I will do my best not to be too much trouble for you though, else you may not be able to visit anymore and it would be a much lonelier place without you. You are always welcome here from my side after all."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 26, 2022 3:44 pm

Sora turned to put her forehead against Raya's, brushing some of the woman's slightly curly hair away from her face, speaking softly, "You can trust me to do everything in my power to keep coming to see you. If you left for the opposite side of the world, I would move continents to see your smile again Raya."

She gave a few slow kisses to Raya's lips before sitting back again, sighing and drinking her coffee.

"At least for now, I'll pretend keeping that promise will never be a complicated thing."
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu May 26, 2022 4:02 pm

Raya had leaned in slightly as Sora drew closer, keeping her arm wrapped around the other womans waist even as she sat back again.

"You are too kind. I promise I will do the same."

There was a small pause before she added "as for the coming to see me, it may be easier for a while. I don't know when my caravan is coming back after all, so I may be around for a while. At least there is a good upside as I can continue seeing you, but by the time my caravan comes and then moves on again with me I may be tempted to steal you away with me" she laughed, picking up her cup again.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 26, 2022 4:17 pm

That got a very light blush on the princess' cheeks, and she nodded a little, "You tempt me with things that I cannot deny I find to be something that would be hard to deny. I don't know why that kind of quandary has been popping up so often lately."
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu May 26, 2022 5:24 pm

"So often?" Raya tilted her head curiously at that "with myself, or does much in the city tempt you? Or perhaps...things outside the city? I know I am lucky to have so much of my dear Sorayas time already, if there are other matters that need your attention I would understand."