Rude Awakenings? (D2, EM, Closed)

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: Rude Awakenings? (D2, EM, Closed)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 4:27 pm

"Why are you apologizing to me? You have nothing to be sorry for, Raya."

With the moment gone, the fear that had been repressed came rushing back, and Soraya started crying softly, "It was very, very scary... but I was more afraid it would hurt you. I don't want to lose you again. You are a supreme treasure to me, after all~"

Sora buried her face against the crook of Raya's neck, crying quietly.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Raya

Post by Raya » Tue May 24, 2022 7:59 pm

Raya closed her eyes, just holding the woman silently for a short while. Eventually she began to sing a soft song in a comforting tone.

"There's gonna be better days. They're coming. Find a candle in the dark when the light go out."

She gave Sora a gentle squeeze.

"There's gonna be better days. They're coming. Take a look up at the sky see the stars align. It's just a glimpse of a lifetime."

Even if it wasn't in Merkhem, she mentally hoped the message would carry over.

(ooc: D2 EM softly singing to Sora (Perform:Song/Awareness+voice advantage). 1 raise to be comforting. | 6k4 ⇒ 26 (TN: ?)
Lyrics from this song
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 8:22 pm

Sora slowly calmed down; She obviously didn't understand the words, but it was comforting never-the-less. It didn't make the taste of swamp or the burning in her lungs go away, but it made the panic less and less. Then the fear. Then the sadness.

As Raya finished up, Soraya finally let go of her, giving her a smile, "Thank you..."

She gave Raya's hands a squeeze before looking around the room, "I should probably help you clean up. I don't suppose you have something to help get this taste out of my mouth, do you?"
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Raya

Post by Raya » Tue May 24, 2022 9:15 pm

Raya waited for Sora to look around, and as she looked back Raya had leaned forward slightly and placed a quick soft kiss on Soras lips.

"I can get you some coffee if you wish? I would offer water but well...I'm not sure that would be appropriate right now."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 9:41 pm

Sora let out a sigh before nodding, "I'd probably agree. Want me to grab your clothes while you get that started too?"

Fortunately she knew now where the towels were, so cleaning the wet patch left behind by the strange water being was handled, Soraya grabbing the one she'd used yesterday actually since it was long since dry.
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Wed May 25, 2022 12:55 pm

"It is no worry, I can just put a jacket on while I ask for hot water" Raya said with a smile, moving to her clothes and quickly slipping on a large black robe that she only wore when she needed to hide.

"I will be a moment!"

She slid out of the caravan door, closing it after her. Sora would be able to hear some shouting in Ra'Shari as Raya was getting someones attention to provide hot water. It almost seemed like an argument was being had just outside the door.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 25, 2022 3:16 pm

Sora paused for a moment to listen but quickly moved on to cleaning, getting on her knees and getting the discolored water off the floor. The sheets were a bit trickier so she pulled them off the bed fully, looking at the bed and remembering the covers tossed aside and Raya grinning down at her and...

The princess blushed furiously as she folded up the sheets to be washed; At least it was something much more pleasant to remember than the monster. She would focus on that, even if it did make her hot and bothered.
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Wed May 25, 2022 8:32 pm

The noise outside started to die down a little, before growing loud again. It didn't seem to have an angry tone about it though, and shortly after the last wave the caravan door was opened slightly and Raya peeked her head in.

"Hot water is coming. Is everything good in here? Do not worry about any washing, I can do it."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 25, 2022 8:41 pm

Sora seemed a little spaced out, visibly jumping as the door opened and Raya peeked her head in. She smiled at the Ra'Shari woman and nodded, "I promise I won't do much. I just got up some of the water, that's all. And thank you. ...what would you like me to do then if not clean?"
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Wed May 25, 2022 8:49 pm

"Mm...Good question. Relax, feel better? Keep smiling, you have a pretty smile"

Raya then jumped and yelped slightly, and disappeared a moment to very much yell at someone in Ra'Shari. There was a sound of running after that, and what was most likely some swearing before Raya entered the caravan and kicked the door shut.

"Watch out, hot pot. I know, stupid Boaz let it swing into my leg" she quickly placed it on the top of the nearby stove before rubbing the back of her leg.