Rude Awakenings? (D2, EM, Closed)

Raya

Re: Rude Awakenings? (D2, EM, Closed)

Post by Raya » Mon May 23, 2022 9:30 pm

Raya tensed initially at the contact, still trying to calm down, but she didn't strike out.

"What in all the suns was that? Why? How? What?"

...Of which Sora likely understood none of it.
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 9:33 pm

Sora didn't get the words, but did get the tone. So she continued to gently hold the other woman, letting her rest while holding her up, continuing to pet her long hair.

"Everything seems all right now, at least."

It was all she could add really, at least until Raya calmed.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Raya

Post by Raya » Mon May 23, 2022 10:09 pm

Eventually, slowly, her breathing began to calm a little, and Raya sat back. Leaning backwards into the arms of Sora behind her.

"What happened? I...It felt like...I don't understand."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 10:12 pm

Sora calmly held Raya, speaking softly, "I don't speak your people's language, sorry Raya. I would love to learn it some day though. I know you're probably confused and scared, and so am I. But I'm here with you, and we're all right now."

Her voice was calming, apparently because she'd snapped out of her fatigue and panic so quickly earlier, so she was wide awake and entirely focused, despite having only been up for a minute or two.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Raya

Post by Raya » Mon May 23, 2022 10:15 pm

There was a frown as she registered what Sora said. Then she understood.

"Oh."

She turned slightly to look up at the other woman.

"I am sorry, I don't know what happened. What was going on? I heard choking, then I could not move. Then I could?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 10:23 pm

"I do not know either, Raya. I woke up and my mouth and throat were full of water."

She gestured to the dirty wet line that was on the floor next to them.

"It seems like it was some sort of snake or worm made out of water after I coughed it up. It... was wiggling out of your body, and as soon as you moved it turned back into normal water."

Sora frowned.

"I cannot even imagine what could cause such a thing..."
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Mon May 23, 2022 10:34 pm

"Water...wiggling out of me, into your mouth?"

If such a serious and terrifying moment hadn't just happened Raya would likely have made a reference back to the previous night. As it was, she tried to think on if she knew of anything that could do this...

D2 Em what could have caused this? unskilled lore roll | 3k3 ⇒ 19 (TN: ?)

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Mon May 23, 2022 10:52 pm

(Though she know of no magic nor creature that describes their experience the scent and foul aftertaste do bring to mind a swamp she once encountered.)
GM • City of Stories

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 11:09 pm

"Y... yes. Something like that anyways. Something alive, foul... it tasted of rot and mold in my mouth."

A frown, "It still does, actually..."

She tried to not distract too much as Raya thought about things though, so trailed off, just thinking things rather than saying them out loud.
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Tue May 24, 2022 4:19 pm

There was a frown on the womans face.

Why is that swamp the only thing that comes to mind? It is a swamp.

With what sounded like a defeated smile, Raya moved over and wrapped her arms around Soraya, hugging her gently.

"I am sorry."