[D2 EA Houses of Dahab] Fortune Favors the Rich

Qara al-Hazaad

Re: [D2 EA Houses of Dahab] Fortune Favors the Rich

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Wed May 25, 2022 8:18 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 3:10 pm
"No, I suppose knife juggling is a more exotic skill. Same with some other things. Variety is the spice of both life and entertainment though... As to how I envision my life..."

Soraya shrugged softly.

"It's mostly hopes and dreams, sayyeda. The realistic version is as you say; My father one day finding a husband for me that would be politically advantageous for him. Who knows? Maybe my arrangement with Lady Majdala may postpone that or stop it entirely, I am unsure; Though really, father has told me in the past he's no intention of marrying me off, so maybe I'm wrong either way..."

She smiled a little at Qara.

"As to the dream part? I picture myself owning a place in the city for people to come and relax, a bathhouse or a library or such. And I'd have many animals and friends. Lovers... maybe marriage, maybe children. I'm not sure when on those last two."
Qara nodded, and smiled back. "Do you know whether Lady Majdala has any plans for you? A business sounds interesting, for sure, and might fit into your portfolio, I guess." She shrugged delicately. "Animals? I did not take sayyeda for an animal lover."
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 25, 2022 8:25 pm

She nodded with a smile in return, "I like them; They've been my most constant companion growing up, really. I've had cats, dogs, birds, fish, lizards, a turtle once. Even a toad I kept in my garden for a time. I especially like birds; Their songs are so pretty, same with their plumage. And of course there's always that story-like inspiration of a caged bird being set free. As to your other question..."

Sora looked about before leaning in conspiratorially, "She is quite closed lipped about such things. I am even unsure how much she's been in contact with my father, in all honesty."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Thu May 26, 2022 7:54 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:25 pm
She nodded with a smile in return, "I like them; They've been my most constant companion growing up, really. I've had cats, dogs, birds, fish, lizards, a turtle once. Even a toad I kept in my garden for a time. I especially like birds; Their songs are so pretty, same with their plumage. And of course there's always that story-like inspiration of a caged bird being set free. As to your other question..."

Sora looked about before leaning in conspiratorially, "She is quite closed lipped about such things. I am even unsure how much she's been in contact with my father, in all honesty."
"Oh, a turtle? How interesting. any favorite animals?"

She also leaned in close. "I see, so keeping things close, eh? Do you think she might have some plans for you?"
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 26, 2022 8:01 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 7:54 pm
"Oh, a turtle? How interesting. any favorite animals?"

She also leaned in close. "I see, so keeping things close, eh? Do you think she might have some plans for you?"
That got a small frown, Sora focusing on the second question and quickly forgetting the first, "Oh most certainly she does. I know I am a plaything to her, an amusing diversion... but I also believe she knows far more than she lets on. About me, about my past, about my family, and about how I fit into her plans for House Menjari."

She looked into Qaya's eyes, "But then, I've always really just been a pawn in others games, so perhaps I'm just a pessimist in this regard."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Thu May 26, 2022 8:27 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 8:01 pm

That got a small frown, Sora focusing on the second question and quickly forgetting the first, "Oh most certainly she does. I know I am a plaything to her, an amusing diversion... but I also believe she knows far more than she lets on. About me, about my past, about my family, and about how I fit into her plans for House Menjari."

She looked into Qaya's eyes, "But then, I've always really just been a pawn in others games, so perhaps I'm just a pessimist in this regard."
Qara smiled. "I..." she frowned how to word things. "Back home, we as samurai were expected to do as told. It's still natural to me, but here, among the Sands, your people prefer a more...lateral thinking. Some would say devious." She tilted her head. "Why not make your father and your khadi your pawns, sayyeda? They have visions of House Menjari, but you have visions of your own, and in certain ways, you are a big part of Menjari, no?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 26, 2022 9:15 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 8:27 pm
Qara smiled. "I..." she frowned how to word things. "Back home, we as samurai were expected to do as told. It's still natural to me, but here, among the Sands, your people prefer a more...lateral thinking. Some would say devious." She tilted her head. "Why not make your father and your khadi your pawns, sayyeda? They have visions of House Menjari, but you have visions of your own, and in certain ways, you are a big part of Menjari, no?"
She seemed to think about it a moment before nodding a little, "You have a point there. I'll have to see what I can do in that respect."

Sora took a step back before looking at the trinkets, "I think I'll take... this one."

The young woman picked up a necklace that was a long thin chain an amethyst crystal, golden arms seeming to wrap around it.

Carved into the amethyst was the Rokugani symbol for Benten.
Influence:

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 27, 2022 8:14 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:15 pm

She seemed to think about it a moment before nodding a little, "You have a point there. I'll have to see what I can do in that respect."

Sora took a step back before looking at the trinkets, "I think I'll take... this one."

The young woman picked up a necklace that was a long thin chain an amethyst crystal, golden arms seeming to wrap around it.

Carved into the amethyst was the Rokugani symbol for Benten.
"Hm, certainly sayyeda. You can think of it as a small favor in addition to the care I will provide later. And I hope, she will watch over you, and bless your love." She smiled.

"And hopefully our talk was not in vain, for the other topics either."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 27, 2022 9:57 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:14 pm
"Hm, certainly sayyeda. You can think of it as a small favor in addition to the care I will provide later. And I hope, she will watch over you, and bless your love." She smiled.

"And hopefully our talk was not in vain, for the other topics either."
"She?"

Sora looked at the necklace curiously.

"...does the necklace have a spirit in it then?"
Influence:

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 27, 2022 9:58 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:57 pm

"She?"

Sora looked at the necklace curiously.

"...does the necklace have a spirit in it then?"
Qara let out a small giggle. "Not exactly. That necklace bears the symbol of the Fortune of Romantic Love, back home, Benten. She's..like a great spirit I guess? Or a small god? It's..." She pondered. "It's a bit difficult to explain, probably."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 27, 2022 10:05 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:58 pm
Qara let out a small giggle. "Not exactly. That necklace bears the symbol of the Fortune of Romantic Love, back home, Benten. She's..like a great spirit I guess? Or a small god? It's..." She pondered. "It's a bit difficult to explain, probably."
Hearing that, Sora looked down at the necklace with a renewed affection, "...no wonder I was so drawn to it. I shall cherish it greatly then."

Turning to Qara, she gives a deep, Rokugani style bow.

"And believe me, you have already helped me more than you might know. I promise on the word of my Family and House, I shall repay you what you for your kindness given, and more."

She looks up with a small grin, "And should you ever decide that you are available to look at rugs together... Whether just the two of us, or even with your husband. I would appreciate your trained eye."
Influence: