[D2 EA Houses of Dahab] Fortune Favors the Rich

Qara al-Hazaad

Re: [D2 EA Houses of Dahab] Fortune Favors the Rich

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Tue May 24, 2022 6:32 am

"Oh? Congratulations are in order then. I assume the Khadi were generous in their reward." She was asking in politeness, as she played with the hem of her robes, missing her fan, apparently.
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 6:40 am

"I asked to move in with her, actually."

Sora gave a small cough and looked away, in the direction of the Palace, the massive building dwarfing even the great manors of the Dahabi that lay in the compound's shadow.

"A reward she swiftly granted."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Tue May 24, 2022 6:57 am

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 6:40 am
"I asked to move in with her, actually."

Sora gave a small cough and looked away, in the direction of the Palace, the massive building dwarfing even the great manors of the Dahabi that lay in the compound's shadow.

"A reward she swiftly granted."
"OH, I see!" Qara wandered about the potential smell. "She must be...a lovely host?" She wasn't sure how to broach the topic of an undead lich and whether the eat people or not. Or whatever it is that khadi do.
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 7:06 am

That got Sora to look back, "She runs an impeccable household, and all my needs are seen to as a guest, but she's hardly a lovely host, no. She is distant, rarely visits me or talks, is often cold or inscrutable. Still, it got me out of my father's house and more freedom than I've ever had in my life, while not shaming his name or our House, since Lady Majdala is the head of House Menjari anyways. So it won't cause a scandal like if I'd moved in with a friend, or even into the City on my own."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Tue May 24, 2022 7:38 am

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:06 am
That got Sora to look back, "She runs an impeccable household, and all my needs are seen to as a guest, but she's hardly a lovely host, no. She is distant, rarely visits me or talks, is often cold or inscrutable. Still, it got me out of my father's house and more freedom than I've ever had in my life, while not shaming his name or our House, since Lady Majdala is the head of House Menjari anyways. So it won't cause a scandal like if I'd moved in with a friend, or even into the City on my own."
"Ah, I see." She nodded in understanding, and started to stand next to the Dahabi princess. "She provides you with lodging, and all the bare necessities, but not anything that you truly desire, I guess?" She eyed the woman. "Humans are more than just our basics, after all. Do you like it over there?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 8:33 am

Sora looks at the other woman thoughtfully before answering the question, "I do, overall. It is true there are certain comforts missing, a certain coldness and loneliness. But at the same time it is a beautiful home, and she is a good listener, I feel. Not to mention her own beauty..."

She trails off before smiling at Qara, "Still, if I didn't know better, I'd thinking you were talking about the desires all men and women have. I am truly flattered if so; I had thought you would not bring it up, being recently married and all, but it is true her own attentions are more of the impersonal sort. So I certainly would not mind a trip out pearl diving with you."
Influence:

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Tue May 24, 2022 8:49 am

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:33 am
Sora looks at the other woman thoughtfully before answering the question, "I do, overall. It is true there are certain comforts missing, a certain coldness and loneliness. But at the same time it is a beautiful home, and she is a good listener, I feel. Not to mention her own beauty..."

She trails off before smiling at Qara, "Still, if I didn't know better, I'd thinking you were talking about the desires all men and women have. I am truly flattered if so; I had thought you would not bring it up, being recently married and all, but it is true her own attentions are more of the impersonal sort. So I certainly would not mind a trip out pearl diving with you."
Qara smirked. "The Dahabi seemed to be purveyors of worldly pleasure, I find in my limited interaction." She glanced at the woman. "Though as temping as it sounds, I may need to refrain from offering of pearls. Recently married, after all. Though I am sure many are vying for such an offer from you. Perhaps even your husband?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 8:55 am

"Ah... if my father intended to have me married, I probably would not have moved into the Palace in the first place. But he's had other plans for me and the household. If Lady Majdala hadn't accepted my request, that would have included staying home with him. Yes, I technically could have moved out of any time since I'm of age. But he could have simply disowned me at that point."

She sighed, "But I digress, I seem to be in a chatty mood today, apologies.. I'm keeping you from your business and making unwanted flirting too~"
Influence:

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Tue May 24, 2022 9:16 am

Qara chuckled. "Doesn't seem like there's a deluge of people wanting my business, so please stay sayyeda." She tlted her head. "Quite the conundrum then, I see. Sayyeda Menjari has sidestepped her father to an extent, but you are at a stalemate, it seems currently?" She raised a finger to her to her lips. "Do you hope to inherit his position, perhaps?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 9:27 am

"Me? Never."

She tilted her chin up proudly,"I am meant for a life of travel and adventure, not sitting in some office at the storehouse, balancing House Menjari's ledgers. I realize being Keeper of the Ledgers is an important position within any House, one that comes with great power and responsibility. But it is not something I wanted, and not something my father saw fit to train me in anyways. Dancing, talking, massage, other things... but certainly not mathematics or bookkeeping."
Influence: