[D2 EA Houses of Dahab] Fortune Favors the Rich

Qara al-Hazaad

Re: [D2 EA Houses of Dahab] Fortune Favors the Rich

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Mon May 23, 2022 9:15 pm

Qara's first instinct wsa to move her hand, but....she had a new ife now. New customs.

New touches.

"I see."

She looked into those Menjari puppy dog eyes.

A cousin, in a way. something like that. She smiled in a friendly way. "I can look after her, or at least see what I can do. Although...not for free." She spread her hands. "Not even for a lovely sayyeda like yourself."
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 9:27 pm

Sora seems to nod and brush the statement aside, "Yes yes, of course. Just name your fee. That is never an issue. My only concern is making sure my friend is well, you understand."

She let got of the hands, seemingly relieved of the sudden energy she had moments ago when she'd reached out.

"I will admit, it's not a terrible hurry, but if you had time this afternoon..."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Mon May 23, 2022 9:33 pm

"Well, I'll have to see I guess..." She frowned thi was so sudden.

"I do not think I can name a fee until I see her condition. To better understand the scope of work, you see. What can you tell me about their condition?"

Haggling was still such a strange notion. An artform among a Dahabi, a disgrace among the Rokugani.
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 9:41 pm

"Ah... well, she was in worse shape before, but is mostly stable now. She was hit with multiple arrows and lost a lot of blood, and I think some parts of her flow must have been severed, since she did not move for a long time, some five days. Now she can move her arms and lift her head, but she says she cannot feel or move her legs."

The Menjari woman frowned, "She also has what she calls phantom pains, and the occasional fever, hallucinations. I am unsure anything can be done for her legs, but if so... otherwise, I am unsure what else to even ask about."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Mon May 23, 2022 9:57 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 9:41 pm
"Ah... well, she was in worse shape before, but is mostly stable now. She was hit with multiple arrows and lost a lot of blood, and I think some parts of her flow must have been severed, since she did not move for a long time, some five days. Now she can move her arms and lift her head, but she says she cannot feel or move her legs."

The Menjari woman frowned, "She also has what she calls phantom pains, and the occasional fever, hallucinations. I am unsure anything can be done for her legs, but if so... otherwise, I am unsure what else to even ask about."
Qara nodded. "I see, I see. I can potentially alleviate some of the wounds, and speed up the healing, though I cannot make promises. The sp- prayers I know, are more useful whne the wound is fresh." She smiled as she made a similar hiccup as her. "But I will certainly try. Has she mentioned how she was injured? Though...I have also heard of a Yodotai surgeon in the city? Claudia someone? Perhaps she can also be of use?" Her mind went reeling as thoughts pondered on how to restore the flow.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 10:05 pm

"A Yodotai? I had not thought of that..."

She trailed off thoughtfully before looking up again, "Still, any help is better than no help, and I will pay handsomely of course. So really, I should think you have nothing to lose?"
Influence:

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Mon May 23, 2022 10:19 pm

"Oh certainly, I will do my best. Just do not want to mislead you sayeda." She eyed the woman in front of her. "How did you meet this Moto, if I may ask?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 10:26 pm

"I was looking for archers to sponsor, for House Menjari. If you were not in the city a while back, there was an archery tournament for the favor of one of the Khadi. I looked for volunteers, and this woman volunteered. She did not want money, saying something about the honor of her clan and the right to face the Khadi."
Influence:

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Tue May 24, 2022 5:58 am

"Oh? A noble warrior then?" SHe smiled. "I think I know the type." She smiled. "Sounds like an exciting tournament, though I was probably busy helping with my husband's duties at the time." She tucked a stray hair behind her ear.

"Who won the tournament?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 24, 2022 6:23 am

"Moto-san, actually. She made it all the way to the finals and hit Lady Majdala with an arrow before being hit back twice, once in the thigh and once in the lower abdomen. But she stayed standing and it seemed our Lady Khadi was duly impressed."
Influence: