[D2 EA Houses of Dahab] Fortune Favors the Rich

Qara al-Hazaad

[D2 EA Houses of Dahab] Fortune Favors the Rich

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Mon May 23, 2022 6:49 am

Qara smiled as she laid out the latest pretty necklace for her customer. It was a nice side-gig , to earn some money (so weird to not be frowned at for making money), as she smiled at her customer. "This one has a rokugani saying on it, 'Fortune favors the bold', and on the other side there is hte kanji for koku, which is our kind of money. I am sure it will bring you great fortune, in many ways."

Her customer seemed pleased with her new exotic trinket and left some money.

OOC:
D2 EA Craft: Meishodo/Awareness, creating trinkets, 2 raises, tn 15 | 5k3 ⇒ 22 (TN: 15)
40 Pool earned
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: [D2 EA Houses of Dahab] Fortune Favors the Rich

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 6:57 am

Another customer was there, a woman in gauzy black robes, practically see through in some places while not showing off to much overall. She seemed interested in the trinkets... particularly in the ones that were most obviously Rokugani looking.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Mon May 23, 2022 7:03 am

"Ah, sayyeda, greetings." She did a customery bow towards the customer, before realizing the different customs. "Interested in anything specific? Qara al-Hazaad, by the way."
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 4:09 pm

That got a freeze and a long stare from the young woman, probably impolitely so from a Rokugani perspective before she came to and bowed slightly, "And I am... Soraya al-Menjari, a pleasure. Pardon my rudeness, but you do not look like one of my people. A local Dahabi, that is. Your build and beauty and features are much closer to Rokugani or Yobanjin in appearance. I find it a stunning look, but am I far off on that, Miss Hazaad?"
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Mon May 23, 2022 6:01 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:09 pm
That got a freeze and a long stare from the young woman, probably impolitely so from a Rokugani perspective before she came to and bowed slightly, "And I am... Soraya al-Menjari, a pleasure. Pardon my rudeness, but you do not look like one of my people. A local Dahabi, that is. Your build and beauty and features are much closer to Rokugani or Yobanjin in appearance. I find it a stunning look, but am I far off on that, Miss Hazaad?"
Qara smiled. "An observant Dahabi, certainly. I am originally from Rokugan, clan of the Unicorn, family of the Iuci, but luck, fortune and perhaps Benten had me marry to your family to strengthen the alliance between the Dahabi and my clan." She shrugged and blushed. "THank you for your kind words, though I cannot take too much pride in it, it is my ancestors good looks I inherited."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 6:16 pm

Still more interest from the woman, her face almost lighting up, "Wait, did you say your name back home was Iuchi? As in, the famous casters of House Unicorn?"

The terms were a bit mixed up, but it was clear this woman knew at least a tiny bit about Rokugan.
Influence:

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Mon May 23, 2022 6:23 pm

"A priestess of the kami, hai. I mean, yes." She smiled and blushed, unsure what to make of the interest of the scantily clad woman.

"Not sure about famous, but we are the main priests of our clan. And now I joined House Hazaad, who are also known for their magic. Quite fortuitous, I feel."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 6:43 pm

"Ah... well, I have spoken to other Unicorn here in the city, and they have spoken of your family as some of the best of your kind in the Rokugani empire. Up until now, I had only met Unicorn who were warriors and diplomats. If you are with Hazaad too... very fortuitous indeed. Tell me, do you know much about healing the sick?"
Influence:

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Mon May 23, 2022 8:49 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:43 pm
"Ah... well, I have spoken to other Unicorn here in the city, and they have spoken of your family as some of the best of your kind in the Rokugani empire. Up until now, I had only met Unicorn who were warriors and diplomats. If you are with Hazaad too... very fortuitous indeed. Tell me, do you know much about healing the sick?"
Qara smirked. "Well, Sayyeda Menjari seems to be quite well informed. Care for some kind of talisman perhaps? I do custom work, mostly." Her gaze wondered over the Menjari woman, trying to take stock. "You have met some of my kin then, it is good to know. I have some skill and spells for healing. Why, may I ask?"

Everyone wants to know about healing. Take note.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 9:12 pm

At this point the young woman actually reached forward, taking Qara's hands in her own, looking into the Rokugani woman's eyes with big puppy dog eyes, "I have a friend you see, one Moto-chan; She is unwell. I have been looking after her for weeks, and the local healers have done what they can, but there is only so much else I can do for her. I hear your family is especially good with sp... prayers that heal and mend the body."

Sora isn't really aware of Rokugani feelings on being touched... or at least if she does, then she has forgotten it in the heat of the moment.
Influence: