[D1 EE Cat's Tail] Look who the cat dragged in

Qara al-Hazaad

Re: [D1 EE Cat's Tail] Look who the cat dragged in

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 20, 2022 9:41 pm

"Ah, a splendid man indeed. Yes yes, same guild, though Ahme has been touring the desert lately. It's where I met him, on my way to the Jewel." She smiled at the sugar.

"Oh, certainly, some sugar and cinnamon, if you'd be so kind."
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Fri May 20, 2022 9:45 pm

Bazir adjusted the young lady's coffee before presenting the cup to her

''There you are sayyeda...but pray tell, why are you asking for the Grandiose Akbar?''
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 20, 2022 9:47 pm

"Thank you Sidi. Well...I was just hoping he could tell me about this city. He seems to know all the old tales, you see. I was quite interested in whta he could tell me about the universtiy."
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Fri May 20, 2022 9:53 pm

At the mention of the university Bazir froze for a second before continuing like nothing happened

''The university has been gone for centuries sayyeda. Nothing remain there except for ghuls and ghosts...it is quite the tale of woe and one any storyteller must be wary of speaking'' he looked at her curiously ''Ahmed did not tell you much, did he? You must not have been here for long if you would want to know about such a common thing''

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Sat May 21, 2022 7:34 am

Bazir wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:53 pm
At the mention of the university Bazir froze for a second before continuing like nothing happened

''The university has been gone for centuries sayyeda. Nothing remain there except for ghuls and ghosts...it is quite the tale of woe and one any storyteller must be wary of speaking'' he looked at her curiously ''Ahmed did not tell you much, did he? You must not have been here for long if you would want to know about such a common thing''
"Indeed, it is quite the sad tale...though I hesrd rumors the archives may hold some scandolous information?"

She sjrugged her shoulders. "Though he may have given tall tales instead."

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Sat May 21, 2022 1:36 pm

''Tall tales indeed'' he replied taking a sip of his coffee ''Though there is a nugget of truth in all tales sayyeda...'' he paused ''Did Ahmed ever tell you the story of the poetess and the jealous queen?''

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Sat May 21, 2022 1:55 pm

"I have not, sidi. Is it a well knowm tale?" She took another sip of sweeetened coffee.

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Sat May 21, 2022 2:35 pm

''Not much...but it is a tale that is held dear to the mummer's guild'' he replied ''I am not much of a storyteller myself but the story speaks of a poetess who fell in love with a kind prince who was, sadly, promised to a powerful queen. While knowing that this love was impossible, the poetess still would write beautiful poems of love and kinship every day under the shade of her favorite palm tree. Eventually the queen learned of this and went the meet her would be rival and, enrage as she was, ordered her guards to hang the poetess. Has they did so the queen ripped the pages from the book who held all of the poems written and threw them away only to dispose of the book at the feet of her victim.''

He paused

''Still the story says that the wind carried the pages away all across the city where they where picked up and hidden away by those who cherished the poetess's art and share her passion for the quill. The pages are still kept hidden, revealed only to the little few. To the poets who would read them for inspiration patience and prudence is asked for the queen reigns still and any slip may have one of the remaining poems destroyed forever''

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Sat May 21, 2022 8:10 pm

Qara listened intently, and opened a fan, slowly fanning herself.

"Hm, I see. Thsnk younsidi, for this esteeemed tale." She smiled. "I would be hard pressed not to snatch up a forbidden poem myself, I am something of a romantic, you see."

Sighing, she settled further in hher seat. So strange, so different from seiza.

"Hm, I guess I have to settle for the tale, for now."

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Sun May 22, 2022 6:39 pm

''The Grandiose Akbar might know one or two people who may know more about these poems'' he admitted ''But the mummer's guild keep their secrets very close to the chest. Even those who are part of them do not have free access to all of their activities but I will ask him to inquire around about you and Ahmed.''

He sipped some more

''Is there a specific type of poem that is sought or are you just seeking for the pleasure of it?''