[D1 EE Cat's Tail] Look who the cat dragged in

Qara al-Hazaad

[D1 EE Cat's Tail] Look who the cat dragged in

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 20, 2022 5:41 pm

Qara entered the Cat's Tail. Perhaps it was late for some coffee...perhaps it was not. Nonetheless, Qara entered with a smile and a full coin purse. Drawing her kaftan closer, she glanced out at the increasing darkness, then looked for a spare place.
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Bazir

Re: [D1 EE Cat's Tail] Look who the cat dragged in

Post by Bazir » Fri May 20, 2022 6:39 pm

The Cat's Tail was usually quite busy at this time but the fundamentals elements of the atmosphere, the amount comfortabe cushions and the subtle incense in the air mixing with the fruitful aromas of the shishas and coffee amongst them, made it so that the nature of the establishment remained relaxed and amicable.

Out of the veils that hid one of the alcoves a man of elegant yet subtle and humble garnment came to greet her

''Good evening sayyeda. I am Bazir, the proprietor of this establisment.'' He inclided his head ''How can I be of service?''
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 20, 2022 6:47 pm

"Greetings sidi Bazir. I am Qara al-Hazaad." Her first name rolled off the tongue in a weird, non-Mekhem dialect, a slight accent present in her language.

"I am looking for the Grandiose Akbar? Ahmed the Archivist mentioned him to me."
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Fri May 20, 2022 8:37 pm

The proprietor tilted his head and narrowed his eyes, inspecting the newcomer.

''The Grandiose Akbar you say? I am afraid he is now here yet...he sadly can be quite fickle with his appointments and obligations.''

He sighed dramatically and raised his hands to the sky before letting them down in defeat

''But if Ahmed, a dear friend to my late father, sent you I would be chagrined to leave you at my door without proper hospitality. Please come and follow me, there is a private alcove where you can wait in peace to see if Akbar shows up.''

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 20, 2022 8:38 pm

"Why thank you Sidi Bazir, I appreciate your hospitality." She rose up to follow him. "Quite the establishment you have here."

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Fri May 20, 2022 9:21 pm

''I thank you sayyeda al-Hazzad. This establishment has been the pride and joy of my family for generations now. The roof terrace and interior stage are some of the best venue for relaxation or a quick bite and a coffee.''

Bazir lead her to an alcove higher then the other ones, overlooking the first floor while covering those who would reside there.

''Please wait here. Do you wish for coffee or for some food?'

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 20, 2022 9:25 pm

"Some coffee, sidi Bazir. I'll trust your wisdom on what you think best." She glanced down at the first floor, enjoying the observatory post, for now, while she waited.

She was almost sure her ancestor might show up at some point during the night, but who knows with him...

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Fri May 20, 2022 9:29 pm

It took a few moments before the man returned with a cup of fresh coffee for both of them

''Akbar is running late again sayyeda...perhaps I can entertain you in the meantime?''

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 20, 2022 9:30 pm

Qara smiled. "This looks quite exquisite sidi. Please, feel free. I would loath to wait alone."

She eyed him closer as he joined her. Unsure ow freely one can talk here, she let out a small sigh of contentment as she took a sip. "Have you known dear Akhbar long?"

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Fri May 20, 2022 9:39 pm

''As long as I have lived, sayyeda.'' he replied, taking a seat opposing her ''Both Ahmed and he are in the same mummer's guild are they not?''

He reached for the spice on the tray

''I have not hear of Ahmed for a good moment thought. How do you know him?...Also sugar...cinnamon in your coffee sayyeda?''