Memory of a good time (Ra'Shari came, EE, open)

Rufus Belgica

Re: Memory of a good time (Ra'Shari came, EE, open)

Post by Rufus Belgica » Sun May 22, 2022 12:41 am

Rufus shakes his head. "I'm not going to rule anything out. Including just running away from it all and going local. But I'm not going to pine over Kezia. If it's meant to be, it will be."
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Raya

Post by Raya » Sun May 22, 2022 6:39 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 10:35 pm
Sora nods to Raya's words, "She's right; It does feel more like your sort of thing, I think. Though I do not know you well Sidi Rufus. Still, everyone has a type or types, and people they choose, or at least in their hearts."
Raya smiled brightly.

"Yes! It is as Sayyeda says. You should follow your heart Sidi Rufus, listen to him sing out and fill him with the joys that it can offer."
Rufus Belgica wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 12:41 am
Rufus shakes his head. "I'm not going to rule anything out. Including just running away from it all and going local. But I'm not going to pine over Kezia. If it's meant to be, it will be."
That made Raya frown slightly.

"I see. I hope that Sidi finds that which fill his life with joy soon, it seems he is lacking in such joys at the moment. Truly, he seems as gloomy as the skies! What can Raya do to make Sidi feel more sunny?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sun May 22, 2022 7:43 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:08 pm
"Surely however a person of your caliber doesn't lower himself to roam the city in person to fetch anything they desire when there are a multitude of competent seekers to delegate the menial tasks to? A crowd from which al-Haddar stands out thanks to his great efficacy and his very competitive prices."
Qasim's smile didn't miss a beat "you may surprised what kinds of tasks I don't mind doing myself. One does not make something of near nothing without getting their hands a little dirty."

"But you are a man of persistence, something I respect and see the value in. I am the proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries. I will take business inquiries there if you think you have something I may want. Be warned I am very exacting expectation though."

Qasim stretched a bit "Now if you'll excuse me this is a trip of pleasure not business but I do look forward to hearing from you."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Sun May 22, 2022 9:50 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 7:43 pm
Qasim's smile didn't miss a beat "you may surprised what kinds of tasks I don't mind doing myself. One does not make something of near nothing without getting their hands a little dirty."

"But you are a man of persistence, something I respect and see the value in. I am the proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries. I will take business inquiries there if you think you have something I may want. Be warned I am very exacting expectation though."

Qasim stretched a bit "Now if you'll excuse me this is a trip of pleasure not business but I do look forward to hearing from you."
Tonight wouldn't be great business day it would appear. But no issue, there would be another tonight the next night. Unless he died in the meantime of course. But not dying was something al-Haddar was putting a lot of energy into every day, so it should be fine. Likely.

As for the now, the peddler backed down, right hand on heart:

"Or course dear sir. Light and Shadow Luxuries. Dutifully noted. May you enjoy your night."
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 22, 2022 9:53 pm

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 12:41 am
Raya wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:39 pm
That made Raya frown slightly.

"I see. I hope that Sidi finds that which fill his life with joy soon, it seems he is lacking in such joys at the moment. Truly, he seems as gloomy as the skies! What can Raya do to make Sidi feel more sunny?"
Sora simply waited for Rufus to answer the question, curious both as to the answer and what Raya saw to make her ask that.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Sun May 22, 2022 11:30 pm

"Honestly? Eppur si muove." Rufus looks back and forth at the two. "A good time. I have plenty of work to keep my mind at hand. What I hope for is to remember to live!" He does his best to offer a genial smile. "And both of you certainly are doing that."
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life

Raya

Post by Raya » Mon May 23, 2022 8:04 am

"A good time is easy. Be with Ra'shari, leave your worries and your problems at the cities edge, and like a butterfly leaving the cocoon shed your shell and be free. Do you ever see a Ra'Shari look worried?"

Raya smiled brightly.

"Damp? Yes. Worried? No. We have our worries, but we leave them at our caravan door and spread joy! Well, the Caravan of Entertainment does. Each Caravan is different in how they are, but we are all the same in terms of leaving our worries to the side."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Mon May 23, 2022 11:16 am

Rufus manages a wry smile. "I will carry the worries for all of us then. I would hate to see either of you two show them."

And if seeing some very attractive women in next to no clothing was a happy side effect, then so be it.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 4:02 pm

Soraya had definitely seen worried Ra'Shari before; Heck, she'd seen Raya worried before. But it seemed best not to bring it up.

"Either way, it can at least be a live in the moment sort of thing; Worries later, but for now..."

The princess smiled, doing a small dance and watching as the beads of dew and mist flicked from her.

"Thank the gods and such for a relatively warm evening, good company, and the days of rest with the festival."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 23, 2022 4:25 pm

Qasim had been having some drink and laughing having a good time amongst these Ra'Shari. He had decided while they weren't as fun as the entertainment caravan or as profitable as some of the others it was still a damn good time.

He saw the two women, one he was quite familiar with, the other he had met a couple times shared a few dances, and a man he recognized if only because there weren't too many yodotai in the city.

Qasim approached the group smiling a bit broader than he would totally sober, likely just a touch tipsy "Now I think this may be the longest I've seen Raya here not dancing during one of these nights." He joked approaching next to Soraya but looking at the whole group.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume