Memory of a good time (Ra'Shari came, EE, open)

Rufus Belgica

Re: Memory of a good time (Ra'Shari came, EE, open)

Post by Rufus Belgica » Fri May 20, 2022 9:53 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:43 pm
She looked at the Yodotai man, knowing she'd seen him before, "...yes, you were at the other Ra'Shari caravan as well. I could hardly mistake that build and hair anywhere. From the way you look at Raya... does this mean you are courting her or something?"

Another curious headtilt from the princess.
Rufus coughs and sputters, a bit surprised at the question.

Alright, I was not expecting that.

"I'd say that's a little premature. Marriage or even betrothal is not in the picture for me at the moment. Domina Raya is quite engrossing though" he offers a look over at Raya to see how she is taking it. "Many would be fortunate to be considered for her hand"
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri May 20, 2022 10:00 pm

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:31 pm
"Hah! You don't know the half of it." Rufus pauses for a moment. "I'm Gallim. The newest part of Yodotai, and even if I was raised by the local orphanage, some things stick out like a sore thumb." He motions to his mop of red hair.
She did look in the direction Rufus was looking and smiled, giving the woman a wave.

"She looks nice in those colours yes? I really think it brings out her eyes. I suspect her clothes are worth more than my wardrobe though sidi Rufus" she laughed "who wears it better, her or I?"
Rufus thinks about the question. Seriously thinks on it, looking back and forth and both women before coming to his answer.

"You do." He finally says. "With all respect for Domina Soraya, she looks like she is dressing to impress. You appear like this is who you are, like a second skin. Not that there is anything to improve upon the first one.'
"You speak of sticking out to a Ra'Shari?" Raya said with a grin "I understand how you feel. I cannot say I have crossed many Yodotai in my times, but you are a good man. Do not think otherwise."

She did look surprised at the answer.

"Sidi is too kind! This is who I am, so I accept this answer. I will not tell her that you said this though."
Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:43 pm
She saw the wave and smiled brightly and waving back before turning to Al-Haddar, "I think I shall pass; Even if it is safe, I'm not here to shop, like I said. And I have someone I must meet up with."

Being used to just dismissing people she did not even beg his pardon as she went over to Raya and Rufus, "Raya! Out in the rain telling stories I see? And you were..."

She looked at the Yodotai man, knowing she'd seen him before, "...yes, you were at the other Ra'Shari caravan as well. I could hardly mistake that build and hair anywhere. From the way you look at Raya... does this mean you are courting her or something?"

Another curious headtilt from the princess.
"It is wonderful to see you again Princess, looking as wonderful as ever and even more colourful!" Raya said, using the phrase princess in a friendly way - she had told Sora in the past what it meant - "rain, sun, sand or water. I will be here to dance, to sing, to share stories!"
Rufus Belgica wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:53 pm
Rufus coughs and sputters, a bit surprised at the question.

Alright, I was not expecting that.

"I'd say that's a little premature. Marriage or even betrothal is not in the picture for me at the moment. Domina Raya is quite engrossing though" he offers a look over at Raya to see how she is taking it. "Many would be fortunate to be considered for her hand"
Raya grinned.

"Is this your cunning plan, Sidi Rufus? Escape the life of the past, claim a Ra'Shari bride and ride into the freedom of sands and stories?"

She laughed.

"Ah, sadly it is not I he wishes was here though. He misses my dear sister, who I miss also. Alas, my Caravan is moved on, yet I remain as a colourful reminder of the joys and entertainment of the Ra'Shari!"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 20, 2022 10:20 pm

"I just recall you doing the same before with her sister, and thought maybe you just had a thing in general for Ra'Shari women. Not that I would blame you if that were true..."

She looked over at Raya with a smile, "And I, for one, am supremely grateful for that~ The city would be vastly less interesting if you left. ...you were telling a story then when I arrived though?"
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Fri May 20, 2022 10:41 pm

Rufus coughs again, quickly seeing this conversation taking turns he had not expected.

"Yes, I do miss Kezia. We became fast companions in a short time, and I do wish to see her again. But we both knew that neither would immediately meet the other and settle down. I was not exaggerating before: I am unable to legally marry until my" there was the barest pause "civil service is complete, which is to learn about the city and the cultures and people within it."

His gaze falls to Raya and then to Soraya. "But do not sell yourselves short. I am blessed to have the presence of two lovely ladies right now, if you don't mind celebrating with me"

He blushes for a moment. " And, for the record, I wouldn't say I have a type ... " He seems to lose his point and trail off
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 21, 2022 1:24 am

Qasim was a man of curiosity and experience a new caravan likely means both of those things. While most Dahabi malign all Ra'Shari Qasim did not share those views but even one with an open mind such as himself couldn't help but hear the reputation of the Caravan of Memory. He was not one to judge a thing before he experienced it but he was also not a foolish man.

With that in mind he arrived dressed a little less richly than he had during the day in simpler linen shirt in blue and dark colored and baggy linen pants. Even toned down he still wore a silver necklace with sapphire pendant and a couple of silver rings on his fingers. His long black hair braided and tied with silver thread.

The young Merchant milled among the caravan talking to people and making acquaintances. He noticed a few familiar faces and even caught the tail end of a well crafted story from the only Ra'Shari that seemed to be the same.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Raya

Post by Raya » Sat May 21, 2022 8:11 am

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:20 pm
"I just recall you doing the same before with her sister, and thought maybe you just had a thing in general for Ra'Shari women. Not that I would blame you if that were true..."

She looked over at Raya with a smile, "And I, for one, am supremely grateful for that~ The city would be vastly less interesting if you left. ...you were telling a story then when I arrived though?"
"Ra'Shari are an exotic beauty yes? Always outside the walls, the norms. All mysterious" Raya grinned "it is our way. The Ra'Shari way is not all that unusual, spend enough time with us and you will see we are normal exotic beauties. And yes! The story of King Jose and his quest to claim his son from pirates! I have many stories."
Rufus Belgica wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:41 pm
Rufus coughs again, quickly seeing this conversation taking turns he had not expected.

"Yes, I do miss Kezia. We became fast companions in a short time, and I do wish to see her again. But we both knew that neither would immediately meet the other and settle down. I was not exaggerating before: I am unable to legally marry until my" there was the barest pause "civil service is complete, which is to learn about the city and the cultures and people within it."

His gaze falls to Raya and then to Soraya. "But do not sell yourselves short. I am blessed to have the presence of two lovely ladies right now, if you don't mind celebrating with me"

He blushes for a moment. " And, for the record, I wouldn't say I have a type ... " He seems to lose his point and trail off
Raya waved off the comments and tutted.

"What is this civil service you speak of? These do not apply to Ra'Shari. Here you do and act as your heart says, and stand with your people. None of this silly 'you must service your leaders to be allowed to marry' nonsense. If your heart tells you Kezia is your future, when the caravan returns take her hand and claim her. Be one of us, we would welcome you. My dear sister picked you out of the crowd after all."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Sat May 21, 2022 3:24 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 1:24 am
Qasim was a man of curiosity and experience a new caravan likely means both of those things. While most Dahabi malign all Ra'Shari Qasim did not share those views but even one with an open mind such as himself couldn't help but hear the reputation of the Caravan of Memory. He was not one to judge a thing before he experienced it but he was also not a foolish man.

With that in mind he arrived dressed a little less richly than he had during the day in simpler linen shirt in blue and dark colored and baggy linen pants. Even toned down he still wore a silver necklace with sapphire pendant and a couple of silver rings on his fingers. His long black hair braided and tied with silver thread.

The young Merchant milled among the caravan talking to people and making acquaintances. He noticed a few familiar faces and even caught the tail end of a well crafted story from the only Ra'Shari that seemed to be the same.
The Raya girl having clearly hooked better the biggest fish, Haddar moved to the barely smaller one.

"Looking for something dear sir? If it exists, good old al-Haddar can find it for you!... Assuming a reasonable timeframe and an appropriate advance."
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 21, 2022 4:04 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 3:24 pm
The Raya girl having clearly hooked better the biggest fish, Haddar moved to the barely smaller one.

"Looking for something dear sir? If it exists, good old al-Haddar can find it for you!... Assuming a reasonable timeframe and an appropriate advance."
Had Qasim heard himself being referred to as a smaller fish he would have been offended but as he still lacked telepathic abilities he was mostly smiles as he was approached by the peddler.

It was a friendly smile but also one of amuesment "Well while I am one who respects a good work ethic I can assure you I have little trouble acquiring things I need or desire." He replied with a confidence that bordered on Arrogance
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Sat May 21, 2022 5:08 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 4:04 pm
Had Qasim heard himself being referred to as a smaller fish he would have been offended but as he still lacked telepathic abilities he was mostly smiles as he was approached by the peddler.

It was a friendly smile but also one of amuesment "Well while I am one who respects a good work ethic I can assure you I have little trouble acquiring things I need or desire." He replied with a confidence that bordered on Arrogance
"Surely however a person of your caliber doesn't lower himself to roam the city in person to fetch anything they desire when there are a multitude of competent seekers to delegate the menial tasks to? A crowd from which al-Haddar stands out thanks to his great efficacy and his very competitive prices."
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 21, 2022 10:35 pm

Sora nods to Raya's words, "She's right; It does feel more like your sort of thing, I think. Though I do not know you well Sidi Rufus. Still, everyone has a type or types, and people they choose, or at least in their hearts."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse