Memory of a good time (Ra'Shari came, EE, open)

Raya

Memory of a good time (Ra'Shari came, EE, open)

Post by Raya » Fri May 20, 2022 8:13 am

The Great Caravan of Entertainment was a bright, vibrant place all the time. Music, dancing, singing and stories aplenty.

The Caravan of Memory? Not quite as bright. The campfires were smaller, the amount of Ra'Shari involved less, but still they were Ra'Shari. Still there was music, and stories.

Raya had did her best to try and increase the numbers, but many refused or were too shy to be as open and loud as her. Nevertheless there was still a party going, and Raya was still happily singing and dancing in her bright and very thin clothing. Even with a little bit of drizzle in the air, the place was still alive.
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Al-Haddar

Re: Memory of a good time (Ra'Shari came, EE, open)

Post by Al-Haddar » Fri May 20, 2022 10:02 am

"At the top of the darkest tower, in a room with no door or stairs, awaited the golden prize. And so the cobbler in love climbed the smooth, cold stone at the first rays of dawn, at the time the winged creatures guarding it from the sky had just gone to sleep and the humans guarding it from the ground had yet to arrive.

He needed to be quick, he needed to be determined, and, most importantly, he needed not to fall. And he managed. He climbed in a straight line, too quickly for his hands or his feet to register there were no good grip. He broke open the sealed window without any second thought. He disregarded all the other many treasures the closed attic contained, his eyes solely on the prize. And he found the mirror, in a lead-sealed coffer, wrapped under ropes and clothes.

Here it was. The Mirror of Rebirth. Whoever looked into it came back changed into a prince, charming, noble, rich. Finally a worthy match for his sweetheart.

He looked. The thing in the mirror looked back.

The next day, there was a prince in town with the name of the cobbler, the face of the cobbler, and betrothed to the love of the cobbler.

And at the top of the darkest tower, in a room with no door or stairs, trapped inside of a mirror of dark magic, the cobbler was screaming without sound."

His story's over, Haddar bowed to the crowd under some applause. Damn, there was quite a bit of money in his hat! People were generous during the period of the festival. Classy begging was far more profitable than his other trades in such times.

Also, he might have been stealing some of the business of the Ra'Shari, who hadn't brought their A-game this time. But hey, that was the law of the market for you.

Had', that story contains a bit too much truth, you don't think?

Of course, his dear (and dead) brother had to break his good mood. Never happy this one. He was always too something, too cowardly, too reckless, etc.

"No better place to hide the truth than in plain sight." he answered the spectral voice of his brother only he could heard behind his teeth.

---

D1EE | Making Money
Perform: Storytelling/Awareness | Base TN5, 3 Called Raises, so TN20
VP for +1k1 | 6k4 ⇒ 35 (TN: 20)
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Fri May 20, 2022 12:16 pm

Raya wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:13 am
The Great Caravan of Entertainment was a bright, vibrant place all the time. Music, dancing, singing and stories aplenty.

The Caravan of Memory? Not quite as bright. The campfires were smaller, the amount of Ra'Shari involved less, but still they were Ra'Shari. Still there was music, and stories.

Raya had did her best to try and increase the numbers, but many refused or were too shy to be as open and loud as her. Nevertheless there was still a party going, and Raya was still happily singing and dancing in her bright and very thin clothing. Even with a little bit of drizzle in the air, the place was still alive.
"Miss Raya!" Rufus has been having a great deal of fun around the Ra'Shari in his time in the city. This festival that was going on seemed kind of anti-fun: not being able to eat and drink all day was a bit of a buzzkill to be honest. Rufus was unsure whether feasting and carousing through the night was a purposeful choice or a workaround, but the end result was effectively the same.

Rufus scans the crowd, looking at the faces within it. "I don't suppose that Kezia is part of this caravan? I have not seen her for a while."
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri May 20, 2022 12:31 pm

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:16 pm
"Miss Raya!" Rufus has been having a great deal of fun around the Ra'Shari in his time in the city. This festival that was going on seemed kind of anti-fun: not being able to eat and drink all day was a bit of a buzzkill to be honest. Rufus was unsure whether feasting and carousing through the night was a purposeful choice or a workaround, but the end result was effectively the same.

Rufus scans the crowd, looking at the faces within it. "I don't suppose that Kezia is part of this caravan? I have not seen her for a while."
Raya paused as she heard a voice, calling her name, and grinned when she saw who it was

"Ahh, it is Sidi Rufus! Come to dance sidi?"

She shook her head at the question.

"Sadly she is not. My sister, my caravan, they have moved on. This sidi, is the great Caravan of Memory, and I am the only remnant of the great Caravan of Entertainment left. I had reasons to remain for longer, and it means I get to spend time with my friends who I don't usually see. I am no Kezia but I hope my company will be ok?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Fri May 20, 2022 12:37 pm

Raya wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:31 pm

Raya paused as she heard a voice, calling her name, and grinned when she saw who it was

"Ahh, it is Sidi Rufus! Come to dance sidi?"

She shook her head at the question.

"Sadly she is not. My sister, my caravan, they have moved on. This sidi, is the great Caravan of Memory, and I am the only remnant of the great Caravan of Entertainment left. I had reasons to remain for longer, and it means I get to spend time with my friends who I don't usually see. I am no Kezia but I hope my company will be ok?"
"I do enjoy a dance Domina Raya. And if you are offering, I would be happy to join you." Rufus replies. A small rueful smile crosses his lips. "Domina Kezia and I enjoy each others company quite a bit, but we know each other. To attempt to force one on a path would be to lose them forever, and so we hope that those paths cross back another day."

Rufus looks over the group. "Your company is more than welcome Domina Raya. Though, unless I mistake it, this caravan is a bit more subdued. Will we cause offense if we behave as when the Caravan of Entertainment was here?"
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri May 20, 2022 12:48 pm

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:37 pm
"I do enjoy a dance Domina Raya. And if you are offering, I would be happy to join you." Rufus replies. A small rueful smile crosses his lips. "Domina Kezia and I enjoy each others company quite a bit, but we know each other. To attempt to force one on a path would be to lose them forever, and so we hope that those paths cross back another day."

Rufus looks over the group. "Your company is more than welcome Domina Raya. Though, unless I mistake it, this caravan is a bit more subdued. Will we cause offense if we behave as when the Caravan of Entertainment was here?"
"The Great Caravan of Memory is not as big on the displays you will remember from the Caravan of Entertainment. But" Raya raised a finger, grinned "to pay respects to those who danced with before is honouring memories, yes? They would accept a dramatically told story over a loud dance, but I am one to give the audience what they wish. Kezia may be back in a month or 2, will Sidi Rufus still be here then or shall I pass a message on?"

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Fri May 20, 2022 12:58 pm

"I will still be here for a while." He motions to the city walls. "It took a long time to make my way here. It makes no sense to come and go on a whim. I have been given leave for an extensive study of the area. It would be months, or years before I make my way back." he thinks for a moment. "I find myself somewhat adrift at a moment with the current festival. Do you have any stories to share Domina Raya?"

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri May 20, 2022 1:13 pm

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:58 pm
"I will still be here for a while." He motions to the city walls. "It took a long time to make my way here. It makes no sense to come and go on a whim. I have been given leave for an extensive study of the area. It would be months, or years before I make my way back." he thinks for a moment. "I find myself somewhat adrift at a moment with the current festival. Do you have any stories to share Domina Raya?"
There was a laugh.

"Sidi asks if I have stories to share? He may as well ask if I breathe air, drink water. The answer to all will always be yes. What kind of story does Sidi like? Is he a romantic? Does he prefer action? Comedy? "

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Fri May 20, 2022 1:17 pm

Raya wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:13 pm

There was a laugh.

"Sidi asks if I have stories to share? He may as well ask if I breathe air, drink water. The answer to all will always be yes. What kind of story does Sidi like? Is he a romantic? Does he prefer action? Comedy? "
Rufus' smile becomes easier. "I would say yes to all, and would prefer to hear yours is those things apply." The Ra'Shari were easy to chat up in this stuffy place. So what if he was flirting with another one? Kezia and he had an understanding, and she was off the Gods knew who. Neither had a claim on the other, so why not chat up her friend?

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 20, 2022 5:18 pm

Soraya shows up at the Ra'Shari caravan, no longer disguised like she was last month. Gone are the brown robes and more than visible are her silks and jewelry, thankfully not so cold as to preclude the Dahabi House princess from wearing the belly dancing clothes she wished to arrive in.

Looking around, she checked out the differences between this caravan and the last, drinking everything in, happy to not have to worry about bodyguards or arrangements this time.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse