(D1 EM-Cat's Tail Café) Old habits survive

Bazir

Re: (D1 EM-Cat's Tail Café) Old habits survive

Post by Bazir » Mon May 23, 2022 5:36 pm

He nodded and lead her inside, nodding the the players engrossed in their game

''Do you wish for something to eat as well sayyeda?'' he asked as he showed her an alcove ''We did try to incorporate some things from the ivory kingdoms after the passage of your comrades''
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Raya

Post by Raya » Mon May 23, 2022 8:40 pm

Raya tried to take a quick peek of the game, but followed on without disrupting. The offer of food though had her attention.

"Ivory Kingdoms you say? They do some really wonderful meals! What have you incorporated so far Sidi? If it is new I am happy to be a tester to confirm authenticity."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Mon May 23, 2022 9:02 pm

''Spice mostly'' he replied at first ''We have incorporated some in our tajines to enhance the flavor.''

He sighed

''Sadly most is still under revision. Not all the ingredients described are available to us so we try with some substitutions''

Raya

Post by Raya » Mon May 23, 2022 9:37 pm

"You should have experienced the markets. As you enter your senses are assaulted by spices. Sights, smells. It is beyond what I can describe in Mekham sidi, it is just something that has to be experienced. If you've been able to import any, that would help."

There was a thoughtful expression.

"I think some of our merchants may have some actually, but for now I can try and let you know if it is close?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Mon May 23, 2022 11:17 pm

Bazir gave a nod

''Yes, that would be much appreciated...I will be back shortly''

It would take a few minutes before the mekham local comes back with coffee and a fuming tajjine

''I do believe lamb is favored, yes? We tried a light curry sauce for the taste''

Raya

Post by Raya » Tue May 24, 2022 7:29 pm

Raya closed her eyes and took in the smells.

"Mmm...this smells like something I had before. You were able to find paprika? I remember one of my elders, she used to cook heavily with paprika. She would say 'Raya, this is the most important spice you will ever find. Do not forget it!' I never had the heart to tell her she used it too much!"

Picking up a spoon, she carefully picked up a little of the food and tasted it. A smile grew quickly.

"This is so good sidi! Yes, nearly exactly like I remember it from my last time there. And not heavy on the Paprika, but still spiced evenly. I think this will do well. Has sidi tried this yet?"

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Tue May 24, 2022 9:25 pm

''I taste everything that comes out of the kitchen but it is always the customers that make or break a dish'' he replied with delight at the reaction

Raya

Post by Raya » Wed May 25, 2022 12:57 pm

Raya nodded a few times.

"I do not wish to offend someone when I say that I think the sweetness is a little stronger than it would be from the Kingdoms itself. It is better like this though for those who are not used to the heavy amount of spices used, I think your locals will really enjoy it and most will not notice a difference as they haven't travelled like a Ra'shari has."

She grinned as she dipped a spoon in again.

"Also I like sweet, so it is perfect for me!"

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Wed May 25, 2022 2:02 pm

''Wonderful to hear sayyeda'' he replied, cheerful ''So...'' he laid back as he switched subjects of conversation ''...how have you been sayyeda? I honestly did not think I would see you so soon in my humble establishment.''

Raya

Post by Raya » Wed May 25, 2022 8:35 pm

"Well under normal circumstance you wouldn't see me for mm...perhaps 3 months? Maybe 6? Maybe 2 years? It is hard to tell the days when you are travelling through the sands sidi, but alas I have had to remain for longer. I had a personal errand I needed to perform which took me out of the city for some weeks, and by the time I returned my Great Caravan of Entertainment she had moved on, leaving me behind with the new Caravans. My home still remained so it is not a concern, I just cannot remember the last time I have not been travelling in this long. It almost feels like a crime to remain so long in one place. Ra'Shari are for travelling!"

Raya sighed softly, picking up her cup.

"What of Sidi Bazir? Business is going well? You are well?"