(D1 EM-Cat's Tail Café) Old habits survive

Bazir

(D1 EM-Cat's Tail Café) Old habits survive

Post by Bazir » Fri May 20, 2022 2:24 pm

The sky was still dark for the hour but Bazir knew it would not last long. In an hour or so the fast would begin in earnest and he would have to close the Tail for a time.

This religious festival took a toll on a lot of smaller merchants, especially in the food business. Day time was a fast and the night...the night held things best unspoken. Thankfully for him the Cat's Tail manages to attract and service a few people who would stay overnight to save them from returning home in the dark.

And then there was the old folks.

They were seemingly unaffected by the churn of the city and kept to their old habits. Most of them were night owls and compensated for their lack of sleep with a mid-day nap they would take after coming to get their usual coffee and game of satranj at the Tail. Bazir would muse from time to time on what could have forged such a cycle but he suspected he knew.

Instincts sharpened over decades, conciously or not. Their presence here helped to put him at ease as he brought them perhaps the last coffee pot until the penance would begin.
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Raya

Re: (D1 EM-Cat's Tail Café) Old habits survive

Post by Raya » Fri May 20, 2022 8:02 pm

It seemed there was a crowd drawn close to the cats tail...but not going in. At least not right away. If Bazir would peer out, he would see a dazzling flash of colour that did not match the dreary weather that was falling upon the city.

Raya had returned to the city recently from her own private venture, and was feeling energetic. So she found a part the bazaar that was free space, and with the help of a few had music and dancing going! The Ra'Shari woman, in a bright red and yellow thin outfit, was leading the dancing with a display of movement and flesh that drew the crowds in. She had picked the spot on purpose; she knew it would draw people into here, and in turn they'd find their way to her friends lovely café after. Not something she arranged with the owner, but it seemed to work in her mind. She also made a tidy profit herself too

D1 EM - making money! Perform:Dance/agility TN5+2 raises (TN15) | 7k4 ⇒ 24 (TN: 15)
50 pool earned
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Sat May 21, 2022 2:07 am

Bazir was coming in and out of the café to serve the elders when he eventually noticed the colorful dancer surrounded by a crowd of enthusiastic watchers. It was a testament to the girl's talent that the guards did not disperse the crowd...just yet.

Folding his arms in his sleeves he approached the performance.

Raya

Post by Raya » Sat May 21, 2022 8:20 am

Eventually the dance from Raya wound down.

"Remember, just because the sky is dark does not mean the sun is gone. Be the sun yourselves, brighten others day and in turn yours will be brighter!"

She curtsied, the crowd clapped and as they started to disperse she noticed Bazir and gave him a smile as she hopped down from her makeshift stage.

"How was it sidi?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Sat May 21, 2022 1:39 pm

Bazir smiled at the familiar woman

''So good it dazzled the guards, sayyeda'' he bowed his head ''How have you been sayyeda...Raya?''

Raya

Post by Raya » Sun May 22, 2022 6:32 pm

Raya laughed.

"Even the guards want a reason to smile Sidi. I am wet, yet I am still smiling, so it is a good day yes? I hope my sisters passed on my message before they left? I am sorry I couldn't come in person."

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Sun May 22, 2022 6:45 pm

The shop owner smiled genuinely

''They did. While I was saddened by your absence, your kin proved worthy of all the praises. It is my sincere hope that they enjoyed their time at the Cat's Tail as much as we did.''

He joined his hand, something back in his mind

''Speaking of it, would sayyada be interested in a cup of coffee?''

Raya

Post by Raya » Mon May 23, 2022 7:55 am

"I haven't spoken with my sisters, they left before I was able to return. However if you saw smiles as they left then they enjoyed it. The Great Caravan of Entertainment is happy when we entertain sidi!"

There was a few eager nods at the question.

"If your establishment does not mind a thinly dressed and slightly rainsoaked Ra'Shari, I would love a hot drink."

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Mon May 23, 2022 3:49 pm

''I do not mind sayyeda and the elders are too entranced with their game of satranj to say anything''

He did appear to be concerned about one thing, however

''Do you wish for a change of clothes sayyeda? It would not do to get sick during a festival!''

Raya

Post by Raya » Mon May 23, 2022 5:11 pm

"Well if you insist I shall not turn down a coffee at your wonderful café! Ah, no need for a change of clothes though sidi, just a warm drink and I will be ready to dance again."

A pause.

"Well, I am always ready to dance, but I will be warm inside to match the outside. I wouldn't want to impose on you more by taking clothes as well on top! Let us go in though so sidi does not get any more wet."