[D1 LM Light and Shadow] Another Day, Another Dollar (Open)

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: [D1 LM Light and Shadow] Another Day, Another Dollar (Open)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 6:18 pm

It was at this point she finally realized she hadn't introduced herself, despite Qasim reminding her to do so either.

"Oh! Well, my name is Soraya al-Menjari."

She gave her best Rokugani bow.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Mon May 23, 2022 6:23 pm

Rettousei returns the bow.

"Ide Rettousei," he says, smiling. "A pleasure, al-Menjari-lella."

He pauses. "Did I get that right? This is my first day here, and too many things in my mind rattle around like rocks in a box."
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Influence 1/1/1 * Reputation 3.4/0.0 * Integrity is What You'd Expect
Blessed * Mellifluous
Speaking or Writing Mekhem, or Narrating * Speaking or Writing Rokugani * Thinking
Usually wears decent clothes, a hat when outside; carries wakizashi, coin purse, might have calligraphy set

"I'm confused."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 23, 2022 10:40 pm

"Yes I am quite lucky to have Sayyeda Menjari as a close friend and somewhat frequent patron to my little shop. She has somewhat of a fascination with your culture Si." He says with a small smile
Ide Rettousei wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:12 pm
"But I am told that much the same is true in the Jewel, that those who rule must be obeyed." He smiles. "There are commonplaces from which amity may be built."
"In a way. Though things are a bit different but perhaps an ideological discussion we could have at another time." Qasim offered "And if our conversation is anything to go by so far I do not believe amity will be an issue."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Mon May 23, 2022 10:47 pm

"That is good!"

Rettousei smiles.

"That is indeed good. And, Menjari-lella, I will be happy to say what I know of my people to you, if you want to hear it."
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous
Speaking or Writing Mekhem, or Narrating * Speaking or Writing Rokugani * Thinking
Usually wears decent clothes, a hat when outside; carries wakizashi, coin purse, might have calligraphy set

"I'm confused."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 11:06 pm

"If I want to? Sidi, you could not get me to stop you talking if a jackal was walking nearby. I always want to hear tales of far off people and places."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Mon May 23, 2022 11:11 pm

"Well," Rettousei says, "I'll do what I can, though I'm not entirely up on the local language, so some of the words might be off."

He pauses. "You don't happen to speak Rokugani, do you?"
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous

"I'm confused."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 23, 2022 11:19 pm

Qasim smiled seeing the friendly energy and clapped his hands "I have a wonderful idea and perhaps I am presumptuous but maybe the three of us could break bread together sometime when our schedules allow it. We could discuss our cultural similarities and differences and you could regale us with stories of the life of a, what is the word? Samurai I believe." he offered with friendly open smile

"Though if you were hoping with more one on one time with Sayyeda Menjari I could hardly fault you." he added graciously
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 11:23 pm

Sora tilted her head to the side, "Either sounds good. Whichever sidi-Ide is comfortable with. Though no, I do not speak your peoples' tongue. The only other language I learned growing up is Ivindi, the tongue of my mother's lineage."
Influence:

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Mon May 23, 2022 11:25 pm

"Then we will have lots to teach one another," Rettousei says. "And eating together sounds lovely; a good meal makes most things better."
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous

"I'm confused."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 28, 2022 3:42 pm

Ide Rettousei wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:25 pm
"Then we will have lots to teach one another," Rettousei says. "And eating together sounds lovely; a good meal makes most things better."
Soraya laughed softly and gave a little curtsy to Rettousei.

"I shall plan on it then. I shall provide the meal, you shall provide the stories, neh? I am sure between Sidi Qasim and Sidi Ide, I shall have more than I can handle."

She gave a wink to the two playfully.
Influence: