[D1 LM Light and Shadow] Another Day, Another Dollar (Open)

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: [D1 LM Light and Shadow] Another Day, Another Dollar (Open)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 6:40 am

Sora followed Qasim; She recalled asking him about teas before, but she was curious if this Unicorn had some insider knowledge neither of them might have.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Mon May 23, 2022 11:14 am

"Hm," Rettousei says. "Oh! Purple Needle! No, no, not for...what did the Iuchi say about...oh! Maybe that one?"

The Ide gestures.

"That one, Kanwa, is a blend I've seen our healers recommend."
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Influence 1/1/1 * Reputation 3.4/0.0 * Integrity is What You'd Expect
Blessed * Mellifluous
Speaking or Writing Mekhem, or Narrating * Speaking or Writing Rokugani * Thinking
Usually wears decent clothes, a hat when outside; carries wakizashi, coin purse, might have calligraphy set

"I'm confused."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 23, 2022 4:50 pm

Qasim nodded "an excellent choice, I am no Healer myself but if it comes with the Luchi stamp of approval I'm sure it will be just what our Moto friend needs." Qasim said setting aside the mentioned bag.

And then looking to Rettousei he grabs the bag of Purple Needle "and a gift for your helpfulness Ide-sama"
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 4:53 pm

Sora continued to follow the two, the shortish princess listening and such. She was happy they were helping her, quite hopeful Yasul would perk up with a taste of home. One with some medicinal properties no less!
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Mon May 23, 2022 4:54 pm

"I could hardly accept so gracious a thing," Rettousei replies to Qasim, reflexively polite by Rokugani standards. "A man cannot sell what he gives away."
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous
Speaking or Writing Mekhem, or Narrating * Speaking or Writing Rokugani * Thinking
Usually wears decent clothes, a hat when outside; carries wakizashi, coin purse, might have calligraphy set

"I'm confused."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 23, 2022 5:12 pm

"And a man must learn when he is no longer in Rokugan. I have had experience with your gift giving game with some of the merchants I met on my expedition. I respect the custom but no need for your refusals here. You have helped someone I care about. I give you a gift in return." He said smiling throughout

"Besides I can stand to lose a few pool and maybe securing a new customer for the foreseeable future." A little chuckle "see not entirely altruistic."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Mon May 23, 2022 5:14 pm

Rettousei inclines his head. "Then if it is not rude to do so," he says, "I accept the gift with gratitude--because a man must learn wherever he may go.

"But when were you in Rokugan, if I may?"
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous

"I'm confused."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 23, 2022 5:40 pm

Sora hadn't actually heard this story yet either, so she was all ears, practically standing on her toes to hear better.
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 23, 2022 5:50 pm

Qasim saw the earnest interest from the small woman and and turned more fully toward the both of them "Well technically I've never been inside Rokugan proper as I was informed that no...gaijin?" He said with a unfamiliarity with the word "are allowed within the border."

"I did however get to spend two weeks in Khanbulak trading and networking. It was a very enriching experience. The great tent city outside was full of interesting people and the half of Khanbulak I got to see was quite exciting."

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Mon May 23, 2022 6:12 pm

"Khanbulak is an interesting place," Rettousei agrees. "I've spent some time there, if not as much as some. But I enjoyed it.

"And as to the gaijin," he adds, "there is reason for it. Earlier encounters with voyagers went less than well, and an old ruler decreed that it must be so. Our rulers have the favor of the Heavens, and we are sworn to obey them, so we must do as we are bidden.

"But I am told that much the same is true in the Jewel, that those who rule must be obeyed." He smiles. "There are commonplaces from which amity may be built."

He turns to Soraya. "I do ill to exclude you, lady. And it will help to have a name to put to such a face as yours." Another slight bow.
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous

"I'm confused."