[D1 LM Light and Shadow] Another Day, Another Dollar (Open)

Ide Rettousei

Re: [D1 LM Light and Shadow] Another Day, Another Dollar (Open)

Post by Ide Rettousei » Sat May 21, 2022 1:35 pm

Answering Qasim, Rettousei says "It is, yeah. And one of the Gods is even the God of Wealth, so...yeah." He shrugs. "I leave that stuff to priests, though."

Then, turning to Soraya--whose name Rettousei doesn't know, but the reference makes things easier for his player--he says "Yes'm," and he bows. "Ide Rettousei," he adds, by way of introduction, and "Pleasure to meet you."
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Influence 1/1/1 * Reputation 3.4/0.0 * Integrity is What You'd Expect
Blessed * Mellifluous
Speaking or Writing Mekhem, or Narrating * Speaking or Writing Rokugani * Thinking
Usually wears decent clothes, a hat when outside; carries wakizashi, coin purse, might have calligraphy set

"I'm confused."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 21, 2022 4:08 pm

Qasim chuckled inwardly knowing having a rokugani here in the flesh would pique Soraya's curiosity something fierce.

He looked past the Unicorn and gave her a mock chiding tone still with good humor "Now Soraya dear It's good manners to introduce yourself before asking a stranger questions." He teased lightly looking to the dark skinned beauty.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 21, 2022 10:47 pm

If she heard that, it didn't show. Instead, the richly dressed woman frowned a little, "Ah, that is well. I have a friend who is very injured, a woman named Moto."

Sora seemed to think a moment, "...yes, Moto-chan. I think it would do her great good tosee one of her cousins."
Last edited by Soraya al-Menjari on Sun May 22, 2022 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Sun May 22, 2022 3:25 am

"Moto?" asks Rettousei. "I mean, I'm not a healer, so I don't know what I could do. But I'd visit, if you think it'd help?"

(Edited against earlier post edit.)
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous
Speaking or Writing Mekhem, or Narrating * Speaking or Writing Rokugani * Thinking
Usually wears decent clothes, a hat when outside; carries wakizashi, coin purse, might have calligraphy set

"I'm confused."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 22, 2022 9:47 pm

Sora blushes a tiny bit and rubs a finger against one of her cheeks as she looks down, "I am afraid I don't understand Rokugani. you see. And she asks about her people and Empire sometimes. After she was injured. she seemed particularly keen that I arrange something for her swords, of all things."

She looked up at Retto, "She helped me so much, and there is so little I can do besides pay for things..."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Sun May 22, 2022 10:01 pm

"I think I understand," Rettousei says. "The swords...for us, the swords are not just weapons but extensions of their wielders and their families." His hand touches his peace-bound wakizashi. "The long sword, the katana, is the soul of the bushi; the short sword," and he taps the hilt of his own, "the wakizashi, is the honor of every samurai. When we die, our swords go back to our families, either to be passed on or put up to praise, depending."
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous

"I'm confused."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sun May 22, 2022 10:13 pm

Qasim for his part was content to listen to the exchange expanding his knowledge on the subject as he only knew a little about Rokugan and most of it involved their trade goods or lack there of.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 22, 2022 10:19 pm

Ide Rettousei wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:01 pm
"I think I understand," Rettousei says. "The swords...for us, the swords are not just weapons but extensions of their wielders and their families." His hand touches his peace-bound wakizashi. "The long sword, the katana, is the soul of the bushi; the short sword," and he taps the hilt of his own, "the wakizashi, is the honor of every samurai. When we die, our swords go back to our families, either to be passed on or put up to praise, depending."
"Oh..."

Sora looked down thoughtfully, chin in hand. She glanced at Retto's sword a few times before nodding, "Well, I have been sure to take good care of her swords.And tell her stories, listen the best I can. Moto-chan is a somewhat taciturn woman though, and being paralyzed seems to have made her all the more so. I...came here to pick up some Rokugani tea for her, for a taste of home."
Influence:

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Mon May 23, 2022 1:49 am

"I might be able to help with that," Rettousei says. "Depending on what all is available here."

He looks to al-Basiri. "What is here in that line, al-Basir-si?"
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous

"I'm confused."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 23, 2022 2:01 am

Qasim smiled "Qasim will be just fine. I admit my Rokugani stock is one of the lesser ones I have here but luckily tea makes up the bulk of it." He said moving back toward the area Soraya had been in a few moments ago.

The store was divided into sections based on region and then each region had like goods lumped together. The section devoted to the region of Rokugan was smaller than the rest, there were a few kimonos on racks mostly in Unicorn purples but there were some ref and blue ones as well. Some scrolls and art in the style and a decent selection of teas that made up the bulk of the area.

Qasim pointed it out "there are some things here that should do well for an ailing spirit. Some invigorating brews, some soft relaxing ones, some more biting ones I'm told are popular among the...Spider? No...Scorpion." He corrected himself.