[D1 LM Light and Shadow] Another Day, Another Dollar (Open)

Qasim al-Basiri

[D1 LM Light and Shadow] Another Day, Another Dollar (Open)

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri May 20, 2022 9:19 am

It was another day working the Shop He didn't spend everyday here and tended to leave day to day operations to his employees but today was not any ordinary day today was the beginning of the festival and therefore meant there was more business through the city and that meant wealthy travelers and new blood flowing into the shop.

Today he wore a robe of rich purple silks that were edged in gold thread, his hair braided with thread of gold and the faint smell of sandalwood clung to his body when one came in close. The Dahabi merchant also sported two gold finger decorations of intricate filigree that covered his pointer and middle finger on his right hand that terminated in slightly elongated nails.

Qasim moved about the store flitting between guests making sure everyone's needs were being met and that they were all finding things they were looking for, and some things that weren't initially.

----------------------------------
D1 Gentry Session 1 roll commerce/int +2k0 from tech, +1k1 from blessing 2cr tn 15 | 9k4 ⇒ 31 (TN: 15) success 6 ranks gentry 2 raise= 180 pool= 1 copper 80 pool gained
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Ide Rettousei

Re: [D1 LM Light and Shadow] Another Day, Another Dollar (Open)

Post by Ide Rettousei » Fri May 20, 2022 1:32 pm

Rettousei bows as he comes into the shop.

So this is what they were talking about, he thinks. All kinds of interesting stuff here.

Rettousei sees the man in purple and gold. His eyes widen, and he goes over to him, bowing again.

"Cousin!" he says. "Have you eaten--well, it wouldn't be rice here, would it--today?"
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Influence 1/1/1 * Reputation 3.4/0.0 * Integrity is What You'd Expect
Blessed * Mellifluous
Speaking or Writing Mekhem, or Narrating * Speaking or Writing Rokugani * Thinking
Usually wears decent clothes, a hat when outside; carries wakizashi, coin purse, might have calligraphy set

"I'm confused."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 20, 2022 5:25 pm

A woman quietly slips into the doorway as Rettousei greets his cousin, the woman not really drawing attention to herself (apart from the jangle of bracelets) as she slips over to the section of the store with Rokugani supplies and starts looking some things over.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri May 20, 2022 8:48 pm

Ide Rettousei wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:32 pm
-snip-
Qasim turns at hearing the familiar but unmastered tongue and smiles politely, with a touch of apology at the Unicorn "Ah well hello friend, I am afraid of the many languages I speak Rokugani is not among them." The merchant bows to them briefly "Do you perhaps know the tongue of the city?"
Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:25 pm
-snip-
Distracted as they were by the unusual incident Qasim did not notice the young beauty slip into his store.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Fri May 20, 2022 8:57 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:48 pm
Qasim turns at hearing the familiar but unmastered tongue and smiles politely, with a touch of apology at the Unicorn "Ah well hello friend, I am afraid of the many languages I speak Rokugani is not among them." The merchant bows to them briefly "Do you perhaps know the tongue of the city?"
"Oh!"

Rettousei bows again.

"I'm sorry, truly," he says--in Mekhem, if with an accent. "I'd just thought that, with you dressed like that, that you were from back home. My home, I mean. But I guess this would be your home."

Another bow.

"I'm Ide Rettousei."

And he is dressed in the purple and gold of the Unicorn, after all--which shows up even as his eyes cut over to the other and widen. Her appearance does not escape Rettousei, certainly.
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous
Speaking or Writing Mekhem, or Narrating * Speaking or Writing Rokugani * Thinking
Usually wears decent clothes, a hat when outside; carries wakizashi, coin purse, might have calligraphy set

"I'm confused."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri May 20, 2022 9:11 pm

Ide Rettousei wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:57 pm
"Oh!"

Rettousei bows again.

"I'm sorry, truly," he says--in Mekhem, if with an accent. "I'd just thought that, with you dressed like that, that you were from back home. My home, I mean. But I guess this would be your home."

Another bow.

"I'm Ide Rettousei."

And he is dressed in the purple and gold of the Unicorn, after all--which shows up even as his eyes cut over to the other and widen. Her appearance does not escape Rettousei, certainly.
Qasim smiles white teeth standing out from tanned skin "well this is my store, not quite my home." He joked as he bowed again, this time in introduction "I am Qasim al-Basiri proprietor of this shopped merchant of the Dahabi families."

"I apologize for the confusion I am afraid that I am not Unicorn I just have a liking for the color scheme. Purple and gold have such rich and regal feels to them." He said still smiling "but it is a pleasure to meet you Ide-sama." He says using the rokugani term of address.

Qasim follows the Ide's eyes and smirks when he sees what the man has found turning back to him Qasim chuckles "you do seem to be a man of discerning taste."

Ide Rettousei

Post by Ide Rettousei » Sat May 21, 2022 2:51 am

"It's nice to meet you!" replies the Ide.

"I've noticed a lot of shops here," he continues. "And a lot more open about it than back where I'm from--and that's even more than most points east, except for the Yasuki and maybe the Yoritomo.

"Still, ah, I'm not sure if I'm being rude or not. Am I? If so, it's entirely unintentional, and I'm sorry I don't know any better."
Ide Rettousei
Rokugan-born Emissary
Blessed * Mellifluous

"I'm confused."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 21, 2022 3:45 am

Qasim just gives him an open and friendly smile "no offense has been given so far you have been perfectly polite." He reassures the Unicorn.

"But yes some of the traders I have worked with to get some of my Rokugani goods have mentioned your people do not talk much about trade and commerce. Curious when it is so necesarry for life to try and ignore it." He commented

"But what brings you all the way from the Emerald Empire to our beautiful desert Jewel?" Qasim asks happily.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 21, 2022 4:14 am

The unnoticed woman approaches quietly up behind Rettousei before clearing her throat softly. She stopped about ten feet away, speaking in Mekhem, "Excuse me; Did Sidi al-Basiri speak the truth then when he said you were of tge Unicorn tribe?"

The richly dressed woman held her hands behind her back as she spoke.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 21, 2022 6:06 am

Qasim smiled as he saw her approach and gave her a directed smile of acknowledgement his shone with a familiarity but for now he simply shifted his gaze to the Unicorn and waited for their answer.