[D1 LM Merchant's Quarter] A Bazaar Introduction

Qara al-Hazaad

Re: [D1 LM Merchant's Quarter] A Bazaar Introduction

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 20, 2022 11:19 am

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:03 am

"You said you could heal using...spirits? Are these the Jinn I am being told about?"
She raises an eyebrow as the old man totters over, spilling yet more tea as he places cups before the two customers before withdrawing.

"How does it work? Do you need to know how the healing is done and what the problem is? Or do you just..do the magic?"
"Ie, I mean, no. Not Jinn. The magic I use is...a mx of the spirits from my home, the Empire, and the primal elements in the world." She gestured around herself. "And it depends on the exact..prayers, I guess. The basic of that magic is beseeching the spirits for their aid, the elemental kami." She watched as the tea was placed. "I know a prayer for knitting of wounds, like after combat ,and I know one against ingested maladies..poisons, mostly. The jinn, though, are a completely different being, as far as I know." She raised her tea to give it a try. "Does that answer your question?"
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Fri May 20, 2022 11:21 am

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:19 am

"Ie, I mean, no. Not Jinn. The magic I use is...a mx of the spirits from my home, the Empire, and the primal elements in the world." She gestured around herself. "And it depends on the exact..prayers, I guess. The basic of that magic is beseeching the spirits for their aid, the elemental kami." She watched as the tea was placed. "I know a prayer for knitting of wounds, like after combat ,and I know one against ingested maladies..poisons, mostly. The jinn, though, are a completely different being, as far as I know." She raised her tea to give it a try. "Does that answer your question?"
Claudia just looks at her for a few moments and then, without breaking eye contact, sips her tea.
"...No. But I am thinking this is complicated." She reaches into her satchel and takes out a very thin and very clean knife which she checks over before pricking her pointer finger and holding it up to the light, a single drop of blood beading on the skin.

"Can you please be using your spirits to make my cut go?"
Yodotai * Surgeon * Wanderer * Fights If She Has To * Very Haunted * Thirsty For Knowledge*
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1 *Glorious 1, Infamous 0* Integrity: Average

Equipment usually present: Pugio, toga, medicine kit, surgeon’s kit, traveling pack.
If socially acceptable: Sword/Shield/Armour/Ghost

Languages: Mekham, Yodotai

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 20, 2022 11:25 am

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:21 am

Claudia just looks at her for a few moments and then, without breaking eye contact, sips her tea.
"...No. But I am thinking this is complicated." She reaches into her satchel and takes out a very thin and very clean knife which she checks over before pricking her pointer finger and holding it up to the light, a single drop of blood beading on the skin.

"Can you please be using your spirits to make my cut go?"
Qara observed the woman slicing her own finger expertly, then nodded. Pulling out a freshly carved talisman, she held the talisman in one hand, and reached out with the other to the finger, murmuring in her native tongue, the wound slowly closing.

"Does that help?"

OOC:
D1 LM Path to Inner Peace, Talisman | 3k2 ⇒ 3 (TN: ?)
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Fri May 20, 2022 11:28 am

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:25 am

Qara observed the woman slicing her own finger expertly, then nodded. Pulling out a freshly carved talisman, she held the talisman in one hand, and reached out with the other to the finger, murmuring in her native tongue, the wound slowly closing.

"Does that help?"

OOC:
D1 LM Path to Inner Peace, Talisman | 3k2 ⇒ 3 (TN: ?)
"Ancestors watch over me." she holds her finger up in shock, probing it with her nail.
"You are either a most good charlatan, or truly able to speak to spirits."

The Yodotai's eyes are a little wide as she sits back, sipping her tea mechanically.
"What is medicine like in your land? If people can heal so easily?"
Yodotai * Surgeon * Wanderer * Fights If She Has To * Very Haunted * Thirsty For Knowledge*
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1 *Glorious 1, Infamous 0* Integrity: Average

Equipment usually present: Pugio, toga, medicine kit, surgeon’s kit, traveling pack.

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 20, 2022 11:39 am

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:28 am

"Ancestors watch over me." she holds her finger up in shock, probing it with her nail.

The Yodotai's eyes are a little wide as she sits back, sipping her tea mechanically.
Qara smirked in satisfaction at the Yodotai's awe.

Oh yeah, she proud. "Not everyone can just be granted the spirit's aid, like me. For most, it's an impossibility, so we stick to the tried and true lore of balancing one's inner elements. And bandaging."

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Fri May 20, 2022 11:44 am

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:39 am

Qara smirked in satisfaction at the Yodotai's awe.

Oh yeah, she proud. "Not everyone can just be granted the spirit's aid, like me. For most, it's an impossibility, so we stick to the tried and true lore of balancing one's inner elements. And bandaging."
"Then it is a rare thing? I suppose that makes sense." Still a little baffled. "But for those without you balance elements? Do you mean...I am trying to think of the words. You are trying to make sure the body has everything it needs?"

She eats some dates without really tasting them, her mind at work.
"How do you know the elements are not right?"

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 20, 2022 11:57 am

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:44 am

"Then it is a rare thing? I suppose that makes sense." Still a little baffled. "But for those without you balance elements? Do you mean...I am trying to think of the words. You are trying to make sure the body has everything it needs?"

She eats some dates without really tasting them, her mind at work.
"How do you know the elements are not right?"
Qara nodded, for now. "Well, some of it is obvious, some knowledge we gained from experience, and some, from our God-Ancestors. If someone is running a high fever, of course their Fire is imbalanced, and we need to adjust that, topics like that. I'm no great expert though."

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Fri May 20, 2022 12:43 pm

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:28 am

Rufus pauses, doing a double take. He spots a woman with an olive complexion.

"Pardon me, did you?" He speaks in the language of the main Yodotai culture. "I mean, are you? Please pardon me, there have been so few that I have encountered from the Empire that are out this way."
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Sat May 21, 2022 7:55 am

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:57 am

Qara nodded, for now. "Well, some of it is obvious, some knowledge we gained from experience, and some, from our God-Ancestors. If someone is running a high fever, of course their Fire is imbalanced, and we need to adjust that, topics like that. I'm no great expert though."
"Ah, so the fire is just a ...word you use to describe what is wrong? It is not actually that they have too much fire. As a doctor, I know any fire is quite bad when inside the body."
Casually
"...God...ancestors?"
Rufus Belgica wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:43 pm
Rufus pauses, doing a double take. He spots a woman with an olive complexion.

"Pardon me, did you?" He speaks in the language of the main Yodotai culture. "I mean, are you? Please pardon me, there have been so few that I have encountered from the Empire that are out this way."
Claudia looks over, squinting against the sun at Rufus.
"Ave! Yes, I am a citizen. I am Claudia Gabinus, hail and well met."
She gives him a look over. "How do you serve? The scouts?"

She turns and gestures between Rufus and Qara.
"This is Qwara Al-Harzard. She is a very talented healer and magician from far to the east."

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Sat May 21, 2022 11:57 am

"Weĺl, we all are made up of the five elemebts, air, earth, fire, water and void. Our health and wellbeing depends on the balance of such."

Obviously.

"Qara. Well met sidi." She replied to the newcomer.