[D1 LM Merchant's Quarter] A Bazaar Introduction

Qara al-Hazaad

Re: [D1 LM Merchant's Quarter] A Bazaar Introduction

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 20, 2022 9:20 am

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:15 am

"The sun? No, it's...the sun." She shakes her head before explaining the far more obvious "There are only ten gods, and one of them is the Sky."
The sun, really?

"I am not sick, well, not with anything serious." She slowly raises a hand to her hair before dropping it quickly, feeling foolish.
"I'm a healer myself, a surgeon. I have been looking for others to share knowledge with."
She gestures back at the shopkeeper who just seems even more insulted.
"But most are fools or thieves of my time."
"Ah...the sky? Sure." Whatever people believed, she guessed.

"Oh, a surgeon? Oh, are you those people who cut apart people and then somehow that heals them?" Her eyes lit up slighltly. "I can call upon the spirits, I guess, you'd understand them, and ask them to heal people. And I have a basic knowledge of the elemental balance in everyone."
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Fri May 20, 2022 9:22 am

"Well it's a bit more complicated than-"
Claudia trails off as Qara gets to the spirit bit.
"-that.. Huh."
She clicks her tongue then looks around.
"Really? Not like that guy"

The shopkeeper waves his arms: "I am right here!"
She ignores him.
"Not like that guy, but like, actual magic?"
Yodotai * Surgeon * Wanderer * Fights If She Has To * Very Haunted * Thirsty For Knowledge*
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1 *Glorious 1, Infamous 0* Integrity: Average

Equipment usually present: Pugio, toga, medicine kit, surgeon’s kit, traveling pack.
If socially acceptable: Sword/Shield/Armour/Ghost

Languages: Mekham, Yodotai

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 20, 2022 9:33 am

"Oh him? No."

The man continued waving.

"You'll tire yourself out that way, in this heat, that's not good."

She raised some of her talismans. "Yeah, something like that. Real magic." She stated proudly. "From the Emerald Empire, specifically." Surely everyone has heard of the Great Rokugan?

"Interested?"
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Fri May 20, 2022 9:46 am

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:33 am
Snip
Claudia leans forward and peers at them suspiciously.
"The Emerald Empire? I have heard traders mention the name, they say it is very barbarous."
Still, no stone left unturned.

"If I were to purchase us some drinks and food, would you be able to demonstrate this healing magic to me?"
Yodotai * Surgeon * Wanderer * Fights If She Has To * Very Haunted * Thirsty For Knowledge*
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1 *Glorious 1, Infamous 0* Integrity: Average

Equipment usually present: Pugio, toga, medicine kit, surgeon’s kit, traveling pack.

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 20, 2022 10:23 am

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:46 am

Claudia leans forward and peers at them suspiciously.
"The Emerald Empire? I have heard traders mention the name, they say it is very barbarous."
Still, no stone left unturned.

"If I were to purchase us some drinks and food, would you be able to demonstrate this healing magic to me?"
"Ah....you seem to be misinformed. Nevertheless..." she shrugged. "Perhaps a small measure. As you understand the city, sayyeda, I'm not going to offer to heal your internal bleeding for just food or drink, but I can provide a small demonstration."

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Fri May 20, 2022 10:30 am

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:23 am

"Ah....you seem to be misinformed. Nevertheless..." she shrugged. "Perhaps a small measure. As you understand the city, sayyeda, I'm not going to offer to heal your internal bleeding for just food or drink, but I can provide a small demonstration."
"A simple cut on my finger should be a wound enough. Then I can prescribe an antidote to treat your anemia."
Without a look back at the thoroughly annoyed vendor Claudia leads Qara (after going in circles twice and at one point walking back past the poor shopkeeper) to the shade of a small stall selling light snacks. The Yodotai orders some dates and turns to look at Qara.

"Do they drink tea in your Rokugan?""

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 20, 2022 10:32 am

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:30 am

"A simple cut on my finger should be a wound enough. Then I can prescribe an antidote to treat your anemia."
Without a look back at the thoroughly annoyed vendor Claudia leads Qara (after going in circles twice and at one point walking back past the poor shopkeeper) to the shade of a small stall selling light snacks. The Yodotai orders some dates and turns to look at Qara.

"Do they drink tea in your Rokugan?""
Qara nodded. "Of course! Coffee is nice, but tea is quite the classic drink in my home. What about yourdotai?" She ignored Claudia's lack of direction for now.

For now.

The walk was nice at least.

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Fri May 20, 2022 10:42 am

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:32 am

Qara nodded. "Of course! Coffee is nice, but tea is quite the classic drink in my home. What about yourdotai?" She ignored Claudia's lack of direction for now.

For now.

The walk was nice at least.
"They're more Ourdotai, we're alldotai."
She orders tea for two and waits as the wizened man starts shakily pouring two cups.

"Calda is the hot drink I like most. It is warm water, wine and...flavour added, like pepper. It will make your nose empty."
Always a good thing when you're eating and drinking.

She gestures to two small worn stools in the shade, setting the dates down.

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 20, 2022 10:58 am

Claudia Gabinus wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:42 am

"They're more Ourdotai, we're alldotai."
She orders tea for two and waits as the wizened man starts shakily pouring two cups.

"Calda is the hot drink I like most. It is warm water, wine and...flavour added, like pepper. It will make your nose empty."
Always a good thing when you're eating and drinking.

She gestures to two small worn stools in the shade, setting the dates down.
"Ah, I see..." She nodded, mostly understanding. "Oh, pepper? Interesting." She left it at that for now, then smirked. "Free up the nostrils, eh?"

She observed the wizened old man pouring the tea, only a third of it going astray. She joined the Yodotai in sitting down.

"What exactly are you interested in sayyeda?"

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Fri May 20, 2022 11:03 am

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:58 am

"Ah, I see..." She nodded, mostly understanding. "Oh, pepper? Interesting." She left it at that for now, then smirked. "Free up the nostrils, eh?"

She observed the wizened old man pouring the tea, only a third of it going astray. She joined the Yodotai in sitting down.

"What exactly are you interested in sayyeda?"
"You said you could heal using...spirits? Are these the Jinn I am being told about?"
She raises an eyebrow as the old man totters over, spilling yet more tea as he places cups before the two customers before withdrawing.

"How does it work? Do you need to know how the healing is done and what the problem is? Or do you just..do the magic?"