Have slings as their own separate skill
23%

Total votes: 13

Faruq Al-Farhan

Re: Slings

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:38 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:26 pm
Honestly bloat is the reason I voted to condense all Ranged weapons into one skill.
Wouldn't one additional skill be more bloat than keeping Athletics and the weapon skills that already exist though?
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:41 pm

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:38 pm
Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Honestly bloat is the reason I voted to condense all Ranged weapons into one skill.
Wouldn't one additional skill be more bloat than keeping Athletics and the weapon skills that already exist though?
No because you'd be deleting more skills than you'd be adding I think. At the very least it'd stay the same since archery is currently it's own skill
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Raya

Post by Raya » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:43 pm

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:38 pm
Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
I don't think you'd be changing anything because you'd be turning archery into the 'ranged' skill and adding all ranged (slingshots etc) to that.
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:47 pm

Oh for some reason I was thinking Archery would still be it's own thing! Clearly I can't read.

OK, more or less the same thing then.
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:53 pm

Slings will remain under Athletics for now - but I won't promise that this might not be reviewed again.
GM • City of Stories