AM(almost)A Thread: Kezia

Kezia

AM(almost)A Thread: Kezia

Post by Kezia » Sat May 08, 2021 9:17 pm

Given that Kez will likely be back for a future installment (or not, if I can dig up my Secrets of the Empire PDF and rock a very, very lost Yobanjin instead :P ), there may or may not be questions I can't answer.

But if anyone has any queries about Kezia, or the decisions I made while piloting her, let 'em fly!
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Ali ibn Farid

Re: AM(almost)A Thread: Kezia

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Sat May 08, 2021 9:42 pm

Kezia was neat! I enjoyed reading her, and I enjoyed the thread we had. Alas that it was just the one, but, well, such is the nature of things.

Did you do everything you wanted with her? Were there elements of her that we didn't get to see?

What are your vague plans for the future with her?
Mekham * Ebonite (secret!) * Templar (also secret!) * Destiny! * Khadi's Dog
Influence: 1/1/1 * Reputation: Glorious 1.1 Infamous 1 * Integrity: Honorable
Description
Carries on duty: Longsword, light armor, bow
Carries off duty: Sturdy Clothing, knife

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Sat May 08, 2021 9:53 pm

Ali ibn Farid wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:42 pm
Kezia was neat! I enjoyed reading her, and I enjoyed the thread we had. Alas that it was just the one, but, well, such is the nature of things.
Indeed, c'est la vie!
Did you do everything you wanted with her? Were there elements of her that we didn't get to see?
So the funny thing with Kezia... she was Plan B. Plan A was that wandering Yobanjin I talked about.

But I couldn't find the PDF I needed, and said "screw it, I'll just make a Ra'Shari instead."

She was cooked up over the span of an evening in a hotel room, and my plans, such as they were, were pretty modest in scope.

But yes, there's stuff that never came up, or never came up where other characters would see it.

She's actually got a pretty mystical bent (although her random Jinn-blood power is pretty near impossible for her to get to work with her current Rings, so that's an Advantage that wasn't :P ), and since nobody asked her for a divination, some of the other weirdness never came out either.

Also, her one combat thread was one she arrived to late, so she got in way less fighting than I might have hoped for.
What are your vague plans for the future with her?
There's the rub- she doesn't really have much of a personal agenda as such, and with only one other Ra'Shari character (who apparently dropped sometime in Day 3, miss ya Raya!), she kind of had no real direction.

Now, this has happened to me before in online PbPs, and the characters have gone on to be salvaged, but Kezia is very much a reactive rather than an active character. I mean, it's possible that in about nine months she gives birth to a little redheaded kid, but as her thread presence in this game indicates, she's pretty big on observing before getting involved, and subsequent plans would require a personal hook of some kind- otherwise, she's just kinda Ra'Shari-ing around. :P

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Sat May 08, 2021 10:17 pm

Sorry to not get my act together and get into a thread with Kezia. Granted, Lamis has a somewhat less charitable opinion of Ra'Shari overall along the more mainstream line of 'thieves and harlots!'. But that's fun to run with in a different way, and could have worked around that Divination bit, actually.

As always, fun to watch your characters. They're well-inhabited.
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Languages: Mekham, Ivindi

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Sat May 08, 2021 10:20 pm

Lamis Naaji wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:17 pm
Sorry to not get my act together and get into a thread with Kezia. Granted, Lamis has a somewhat less charitable opinion of Ra'Shari overall along the more mainstream line of 'thieves and harlots!'. But that's fun to run with in a different way, and could have worked around that Divination bit, actually.
Ah well, there's always next time...

Especially since Kezia doesn't exactly fly in the face of the "harlot" tag :P Big believer in free love. I was kind of amused that she and Rufus ende dup being quasi-monogamous during this game, actually.

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Sat May 08, 2021 11:41 pm

I had a ton of fun playing against Kezia. So did Rufus!

In all seriousness, they seemed to click immediately and I liked how they bouced off each other. (Yeah they did ;) )

If she is coming back, Rufus will be glad to spend time with her
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Sun May 09, 2021 12:59 am

As we've discussed elsewhere, they make a good pair

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 10:51 pm

Thank you for the threads, the help with the kidnappers, and the unique perspective Kezia offered! She actually got the closest to the truths about Soraya merely by being skeptical and asking questions. That was refreshingly different, fun, and definitely interesting.

Would you say that way of looking at things was from something in Kez's past, or would you say her personality is just generally more skeptical without any particular reason?
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Mon May 10, 2021 11:29 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:51 pm
Would you say that way of looking at things was from something in Kez's past, or would you say her personality is just generally more skeptical without any particular reason?
Ohhh, she's... got some grounds for skepticism.

Above and beyond the fact that trusting Ra'Shari are up against a whole crapload of people only too happy to take advantage of them, Kezia in particular has had some intensely nasty experiences in her life (some of which are hinted at in her thought bubbles and her responses to certain events, and none of which I'm going to spell out without a content warning), so she has, as she told Soraya, learned to look for the rough edges of any situation- and anything and anyone that seems too good for this awful old world is to be addressed with a certain skepticism.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 11:37 pm

*Nodnod*

Unfortunately Sora is just a puppet for bigger things. So she only had so many answers to give Kez. ...I like the nickname Kez, for some reason.

Was it ever used in game? :lol:
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse